cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

acaloiaro
Adept I

clinfo reporting no GPU on AMD A10-7850K after Catalyst driver upgrade to 14.501.1003

I've installed the Catalyst driver (fglrx-14.501.1003) using the Recommended mode and custom build mode in the generic Linux 32/64-bit installer on Ubuntu 14.04.1. The fglrx driver loads at boot, but clinfo only reports the CPU as present. Any suggestions?

Output from clinfo, dmesg, lspci, and "strace clinfo" here: AMD Catalyst Driver Problems (Github Gist)

0 Likes
1 Solution
acaloiaro
Adept I

Perhaps it is because this is a headless system, but the solution was to uninstall the "fglrx" package and install just the "Non-X Support" Ubuntu 64-bit fglrx-core DEB package from the Catalyst driver download page: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/desktop?os=Ubuntu+x86+64

1. apt-get remove fglrx
  2. dpkg -i fglrx-core_14.501-0ubuntu1_amd64_UB_14.01.deb
  3. Reboot

Note: This could mean that either my custom build from the generic Linux 32/64-bit installer was bad or that a headless system simply should not have the "fglrx" ( Video Driver For Graphics Accelerators ) package installed. I will leave that determination up to AMD as there is sufficient information in this thread to reconstitute my environment and test the problem. Cheers.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies