cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

clinfo crashes due to absent entries

Hi All,

I am trying out AMDAPPSDK-3.0.0-Beta for opencl 2.x. The SDK is installed. If I run clinfo under strace, I can see that clinfo is trying open files under the vendors directory, which is absent and thus the error is reported as clGetPlatformIDs failed to return valid value.

It seems there are vendors files that need to be there. Kindly help me fix the problem. Other applications that I wrote are also failing at same point.

Regards,

Ameet

0 Likes
1 Solution

Hi All,

I found work around to the problem one of the previous posts of this discussion forum for older versions of software.

The work around is to

1. Edit the /etc/profile.d/AMDAPPSDK.sh and change the entry for OPENCL_VENDOR_PATH="/etc/OpenCL/vendors/"  instead of original value.

2. Copy /etc/OpenCL/amdocl64.icd  to /etc/OpenCL/vendors.

3. Reboot the system.

Thus the problem is fixed. This off course is a hack requiring bug-fix in the installer of AMDAPPSDK.

The problem was observed and fixed on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

Thanks for providing this useful discussion forum

Regards,

Ameet

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies
nou
Exemplar

Create inside /etc/OpenCL/vendors file with "libamdocl64.so" as content. You can also create second one "libamdocl32.so" so both 64 and 32 bit application can found OpenCL

0 Likes

Hi All,

I found work around to the problem one of the previous posts of this discussion forum for older versions of software.

The work around is to

1. Edit the /etc/profile.d/AMDAPPSDK.sh and change the entry for OPENCL_VENDOR_PATH="/etc/OpenCL/vendors/"  instead of original value.

2. Copy /etc/OpenCL/amdocl64.icd  to /etc/OpenCL/vendors.

3. Reboot the system.

Thus the problem is fixed. This off course is a hack requiring bug-fix in the installer of AMDAPPSDK.

The problem was observed and fixed on Ubuntu 14.04.1 LTS.

Thanks for providing this useful discussion forum

Regards,

Ameet

0 Likes