cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

nibal
Challenger

clBuildProgram issue in SDK 3.0?

My kernel compiled and ran fine with SDK-2.9.1 and cflags "-g -I. -cl-std=CL1.2". With SDK-3.0, though, clBuildProgram exits with the cryptic message:

flex scanner jammed

and exit code (02).

Using Ubuntu 14.04 x64 and latest ctalyst 15.9. Kernel attached.

Are there any kind of logs I could see? What's going on?

0 Likes
1 Solution

After a quick checking using CodeXL, it seems that the problem is with "-g" option. If no "-g" flag is passed, the kernel seems working fine. Could you please confirm?

Regards,

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies
dipak
Big Boss

Please attach the missing header file (dsp.h). BTW, did you try CodeXL to build the kernel?

0 Likes

dipak wrote:

Please attach the missing header file (dsp.h). BTW, did you try CodeXL to build the kernel?

Oops! Sorry about that. Attached dsp.h. You can test it with your 1.x/FFT sample, but it needs at least 8192 floats input to run.

CodeXL reports the same exact problem. Using Ubuntu 14.04 x64 with latest ctatalyst(15.9) on a R9 270 GPU.

Update:

Uninstalled and reinstalled SDK-3.0. SDK 3.0 samples seem to build and run OK (didn't test them all).

clBuildProgram works if I remove the offensive printf funtion, in which case it reduces to the LDS write ticket.

0 Likes

After a quick checking using CodeXL, it seems that the problem is with "-g" option. If no "-g" flag is passed, the kernel seems working fine. Could you please confirm?

Regards,

0 Likes

Indeed. Tyvm for the quick workaround

However note that -g is part of the ocl 2.0 spec and used to work in sdk-2.9.1.

There should also be a better way to process unhandled cflags 😞

0 Likes