Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

maximmoroz
Journeyman III

Catalyst 11.8

Win7 64bit SP1, Catalyst 11.8, APP SDK 2.5, HD6950:

- CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE shows exactly 2GB for 6950 with 2 GB RAM. My guess is that is wrong - some memory should be left for display buffer.

- clinfo exits with error -30 when processing Intel OpenCL SDK thus I cannot see what are values for AMD platform.

0 Likes
4 Replies
genaganna
Journeyman III

Originally posted by: maximmoroz

- CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE shows exactly 2GB for 6950 with 2 GB RAM. My guess is that is wrong - some memory should be left for display buffer.

Please send us CLInfo output log file.

- clinfo exits with error -30 when processing Intel OpenCL SDK thus I cannot see what are values for AMD platform.

Perticulary device parameter is invalid on Intel platform.  Please copy CLInfo output log whatever you got.

0 Likes

I will attach clinfo's output in several hours, when I get back home. For the time being I would like to mention that it is not the 1st issue with clinfo. I already reported about another one 2 months ago and it was fixed. And now I observe some issue again and the problem is that clinfo stops on encountering error.

If you have any influence on how the issue is fixed may I ask you for a favour? It is desirable for the clinfo to continue querying platforms and devices even if some of the calls returned error. You see, I am not even able to send you clinfo with CL_DEVICE_GLOBAL_MEM_SIZE for the AMD's device because clinfo stops working when some of the calls to Intel OpenCL device returns error.

0 Likes

same break happens when, for example, one has 2 platforms each with different opencl versions (1.0 vs 1.1), since some 1.1 funtions are used and thus dont work with 1.0 platforms (this is something i've repported a long time ago too).

0 Likes

Here is output from clinfo.

Then it writes "ERROR: clGetDeviceInfo(-30)" to the stderr and exits.

Number of platforms: 3 Platform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Platform Version: OpenCL 1.1 WINDOWS Platform Name: Intel(R) OpenCL Platform Vendor: Intel(R) Corporation Platform Extensions: cl_khr_fp64 cl_khr_global_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_global_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_base_atomics cl_khr_local_int32_extended_atomics cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_intel_printf cl_ext_device_fission cl_khr_icd Platform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Platform Version: OpenCL 1.0 CUDA 4.0.1 Platform Name: NVIDIA CUDA Platform Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation Platform Extensions: cl_khr_byte_addressable_store cl_khr_icd cl_khr_gl_sharing cl_nv_d3d9_sharing cl_nv_d3d10_sharing cl_khr_d3d10_sharing cl_nv_d3d11_sharing cl_nv_compiler_options cl_nv_device_attribute_query cl_nv_pragma_unroll Platform Profile: FULL_PROFILE Platform Version: OpenCL 1.1 AMD-APP-SDK-v2.5 (709.2) Platform Name: AMD Accelerated Parallel Processing Platform Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Platform Extensions: cl_khr_icd cl_amd_event_callback cl_amd_offline_devices cl_khr_d3d10_sharing Platform Name: Intel(R) OpenCL Number of devices: 1 Device Type: CL_DEVICE_TYPE_CPU Device ID: 32902

0 Likes