Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

freighter
Journeyman III

Re: Catalyst 11.11 is broken too

Hi,

it's ca. 3 months now and after trying out all the drivers i could get somehow, upto 12.4 preview, the crashing issue that happens only on HD4xxx GPUs with max. workgroup size of 128 is still not resolved. Hopefully with one of the next drivers the fix you were taking about in january gets in the driver.

Patiently (a)waiting ...

0 Likes
MicahVillmow
Staff
Staff

freighter,

Are you querying the 'CL_KERNEL_WORK_GROUP_SIZE' attribute of the device you are executing on? In some cases we must limit the size on a per kernel basis.

0 Likes
freighter
Journeyman III

int getMaxKernelWorkGroupSize(cl_fft_plan *plan, unsigned int *max_wg_size, unsigned int num_devices, cl_device_id *devices) the

if(wg_size < kInfo->num_workitems_per_workgroup)" is replaced with "if(wg_size < plan->max_work_item_per_workgroup)", where "plan->max_work_item_per_workgroup" is constantly set to 32, for

0 Likes
MicahVillmow
Staff
Staff

Ok,

Can you supply us with a test case that shows the issue? We have plenty of samples running on the HD4XXX series of GPUs without issue.

0 Likes
freighter
Journeyman III

Micah Villmow,

as Raistmer has sent you the sources already, I've put some example together that should make reproducing the crashes possible (Linux Testcase for LHD4K crashes) :

edit: link removed

Please inform me if you got it, so i can free the server space again.

Nachricht wurde geändert durch: Urs Echternacht to remove a link.

0 Likes
MicahVillmow
Staff
Staff

I have the test case, thanks.

0 Likes