cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

Raistmer
Adept II

Can't go back from Catalyst 13.4 to 12.8 - OpenCL.DLL is missing

I toied to update Catalyst driver on my APU A10-based PC from 12.8 to 13.4 (latest available for this PC).

Upgrade went OK, but I discovered that my app works slower than before. So decided to downgrade back. Uninstalled Cat 13.4 completely, rebooted, installed Cat 12.8. - all openCL apps fail including clinfo - no OpenCL  DLL.

Uninstalled 12.8, installed 13.4 - works (but slower), again unistalled 13.4, rebooted (after each action), installed 12.8 - no OpenCL.dll.

So? For what reason driver contains "uninstall" option if it can't be uninstalled in reality? Is this normal situation?

What should I do now to remove traces of 13.4 and restore OpenCL environment based on 12.8 drivers ?

0 Likes
4 Replies
ginquo
Adept II

Earlier versions of Catalyst didn't come with the OpenCL.dll. You had to install the APP SDK for this.

0 Likes

Well, I roll-back not to SO old ones, namely, to 12.8 that definitely includes OpenCL.

0 Likes
realhet
Miniboss

Hi,

I think it's rather the bug in the 13.4 uninstaller.

Use the AMD Catalyst Uninstall Cleanup Utility (ver 1.2.1.0)! (uninstall 13.4, reboot, catalyst uninstall utility, reboot, install 12.8, not sure if all the reboots are needed)

I had the same problem when i wanted to go back from 13.4 down to 12.10, but it worked ok with that uninstaller utility.

Thanks for proposal.  Unfortunately, that utility for Win7 and I'm under Win2008 x64 server.

Will try to delete some orphaned files manually.

BTW, this topic (leftovers after complete uninstall) was risen by our team members few times already on these forums. Pity that AMD still unable to provide working installer. Maybe worth to focus on this topic instead of doubtful experiments with WEB-installers?...

0 Likes