Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

doodle
Journeyman III

Can not compile openGL examples

compiler error in glu.h file

I am trying to compile the AMD examples and keep receiving the errors

In file included from /home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glew.h:1138,

from SimpleGL.hpp:103,

from SimpleGL.cpp:93:

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:231: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:231: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:231: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:271: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:271: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:271: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:354: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:354: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:354: error: expected initializer before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:360: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:363: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:364: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:365: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:366: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:367: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:368: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:372: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:373: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:374: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:375: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:376: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:377: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

/home/james/ati-stream-sdk-v2.3-lnx64/include/GL/glu.h:384: error: expected ‘)’ before ‘*’ token

I tracked this down to the function definition 

void APIENTRY gluQuadricCallback ( 

GLUquadric          *qobj,  

GLenum              which,  

void                (CALLBACK* fn)());

I am not terribly familiar with cpp so I am not sure if this is in proper form or not.

Has any one else had this problem?

My system is Ubuntu 64-bit 10.10 Maverick.

0 Likes
5 Replies
doodle
Journeyman III

I solved this problem by replacing all of the SDK included OpenGl files with ones from my system. I would still like to know what caused this error : /

Also I was under the impression that you could build examples idividually but when I try to enter an app examples folder and run make I am hit with errors about not being able to find the dev kit .so libraries. Is this a make bug or did I miss understand? Everything compiles fine so long as its from the top level of the sdk folder.

0 Likes

you must go into SDK util directory and hit make there. after that you can build each sample individualy.

0 Likes
doodle
Journeyman III

Thank you that makes sense.

I am still trying to understand how the glu header file can be inconpatable. Its not even an error with miss matched libraries its a syntax error. What could possibly be causing that error to be thrown? I am sure that header works with every one elses distro.

0 Likes

Ubuntu 10.10 is not a supported OS for AMD APP SDK.

http://developer.amd.com/gpu/AMDAPPSDK/pages/DriverCompatibility.aspx

0 Likes

Ok that explains why it dosnt work with mine  

Its worth noting that the AMD stuff works fine and have given me no troubles outside of the prepackaged GL GLU stuffs(Which has not versioning numbers ). I have tested every example and been compiling my own work with no problems.

0 Likes