cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

cusa123
Adept I

Re: Blender Cycles(Opencl on AMD GPUS)

If you've seen it before but the problem is that it renders in real time to generate renderings. I am also seeing the kernel in blender to modify something but I can not with the theme of the textures. I also see that it is really fast I do not care much it takes to compile at first but if you walk the texture also read that in lux eh slg is managing a little better the subject of memory. Also I have a question eh seen this link but do not understand how it fails to users. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Rf13uMNWI

Si ya lo he visto antes pero el problema es que no renderiza en tiempo real para generar renders. Tambien estoy viendo el kernel en blender para modificarle algo pero no puedo con el tema de las texturas. Tambien veo que es realmente rapido no me importa mucho que tarde en compilar al principio pero si que ande la textura  tambien eh leido que en lux slg  esta gestionando un poco mejor el tema de la memoria. Tambien tengo una pregunta eh visto el este link pero no entiendo como no llega eso a los usuarios. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Rf13uMNWI

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

I'm looking forward to see some new catalyst AMD to see if it improves with Blender Cycles all I expect theme textures this is what gives the blender kernel running some things blenderartist.org users:

Compiling OpenCL kernel ...
OpenCL kernel build output:
"C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0C2.tmp.cl", line 34162: error: a value

of type "float4" can not be Assigned to an entity of type "BsdfEval"

* Eval = bsdf_eval (kg, sd, sc, omega_in, pdf) * sc-> weight;

^

"C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0C2.tmp.cl", line 34224: warning:

argument of type "BsdfEval *" is incompatible with parameter of type

"Float4 *"

int label = bsdf_sample (kg, sd, & sd-> closure, randu, randv, bsdf_eval, or
mega_in, domega_in, pdf);

^

"C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0C2.tmp.cl", line 34225: error: a value

of type "float4" can not be Assigned to an entity of type

"Struct BsdfEval"

* Bsdf_eval * = sd-> closure.weight;

^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0
C2.tmp.cl ".

Frontend compilation phase failed.

OpenCL build failed: errors in console

Some things that improve:
Originally Posted by tolga9009 View Post
I've just tested enabling more features. The Beta 2 Driver is definitely a step forward - nevertheless we're far away from "solved". My findings so far: __ enabling ANISOTROPIC__, AO__ __, __ and __ MULTI_CLOSURE__ BACKGROUND_MIS__ will give you a Functioning kernel, without any errors. Enabling __ LAMP_MIS__, HAIR__ __, __ and __ CAMERA_MOTION__ PASSES__ will give you errors, not related to the "Private Insufficient Resources" issue. Enabling __ TRANSPARENT_SHADOWS__ will give you the well known "Private Insufficient Resources" mistake (though I do not know, If This happens due to a combination of features or isolated).

So, the "Insufficient Resources Private 'error still exists, que means, That AMD has Greatly improved the drivers, but did not fix the problem (yet).

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

Mixamo Face Plus: Bring Emotions To Your 3D Characters with Facial Animation - YouTube

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/59433-amd-collaborates-mixamo-real-time-3d-face-animation/

For when a stable gpu render engine cycles, LuxRender or any?
Although I really like this very interesting.

Para cuando un motor de render gpu estable cycles, luxrender o alguno?

Aunque me gusta mucho esta muy interesante.

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

Please amd may solved the problem of cycles for catalyst 13.10?

_____

Es posible que amd Tenga solucionado el problema de cycles para catalyst 13.10 ?

0 Kudos
sharlybg
Adept II

I do not understand is that complicated to solve this problem. There has long been with Vray RT and Indigo now it's been that it lasts.

Finally it seems OpenCL brings more problems than it solve. but with graphics cards they do there is much to gain. Nvidia proves itso well. if you please help us to follow you.

0 Kudos
sharlybg
Adept II

Finally 13.10 is out !

And there is goods news again:

1/ compiling cycles is fast as cuda ,very fast no matter it's the  first time or not!

2/ the overall system (W7 64bits) display don't slow down during rendering with cycles like in previous 13.8 (2) driver

3/ Gpu (HD 7950 ) is faster than CPU (i7 2600k) but only in realtime preview

bads news :

1/ blender crash when editing material in realtime

2/ Too Slower for a GPU like HD 7950.

in addition a developper of luxrender said that new catalyst driver improve memory usage in SLG 4.0:

SATva:  http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10375&p=100022#p100022

At least i can confirm a tremendous improvement in compiler memory usage under 13.8 beta drivers with SLG.

maybe this month i will render an epic image on my two HD 7950.

please please continue to work don't stop kaveri and HD 9XXX serie are near and they must take advantage of cycles for benchmarks promotion !

finally we can really believe that they are working on !!!!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaahhhhh

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

sharlybg not give false expectations that I mentioned earlier goes and if you can prove it just do it, upload a video to youtube or some image. Also if you walk should walk with textures and blender 2.68 if not hanging deveria if so what you say compile it and upload it to the web.

---

Español

sharlybg No des falsas espectativas de que anda ya te mencione antes si puedes demostrarlo solo hazlo, sube un video a youtube o alguna imagen. Tambien si anda deberia andar con texturas y si fuera blender 2.68 no se deveria de colgar si es asi lo que tu dices compilalo y subelo a la web.

0 Kudos
sharlybg
Adept II

Ok mister Cusa123 i say only the truth and what i see on my screen check this Video.

amd on Vimeo

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

I find it interesting how the driver improvement in so little time. Despite I'm interested to see cycles in 2.69 or, ideally, in the 2.70.

But the main thing now is that I walk my radeon 7870 works at 99% and sometimes 100% but also generates the scene it crashes so I should walk at least 95% of the graph. Another thing I'm interested to see is if amd can enable hybrid mode with the onboard gpu is that it is something small in my case but it would be interesting to see who works for the multi-monitor and not hang. In my case it would be an ati 4250 also another serious than a help to the chart at full load and not as amd said to put a dedicated onboard and does not serve to screen meos to have some minimum flow if piesa in render not a bad idea.

Here is the cmd to probe me:

Cmd

cd C: \ Program Files \ Blender Foundation \ Blender

September CYCLES_OPENCL_TEST = all

Start blender.exe

Sharlybg thank you very much for the info provided. leave a render with a (amd 7870 ghz) without oc asus directcu2. It goes a little better than my AMD fx 8120.Click image for larger version.   Name: Amd cycles .png  Views: 2  Size: 1.26 MB  ID: 258792

Español

Me parece interesante ver como mejora el controlador en tan poco tiempo. Auque me interesaria ver cycles en 2.69 o lo ideal seria en la 2.70.

Pero lo principal ahora es que ande mi radeon 7870 trabaja al 99% y algunas veces al 100% pero tambien genera que se cuelge la escena asi que deberia andar al menos al 95% de la grafica. Otra cosa que me interesaria ver es si amd es capaz de habilitar el modo hibrido con las gpu onboard se que es algo chico en mi caso pero seria interesante ver que trabaja para la parte de multi-monitor y no se cuelgue. En mi caso seria una ati 4250 lo otro seria tambien que una ayuda a la grafica en plena carga y no como dice amd que al ponerle una dedicada no sirva ya la onboard al meos para que la pantalla tenga algo de fluidez minima si se piesa en render no es mala idea.

dejo el cmd que probe yo:

Cmd

cd C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender

set CYCLES_OPENCL_TEST=all

Start blender.exe

Muchas gracias a sharlybg por la info brindada. dejo un render con una (amd 7870 ghz) sin oc asus directcu2. Va un poco mejor que mi AMD fx 8120.

0 Kudos
jestablunt
Journeyman III

hi,

i am owning a hd6970 and tried if the new beta driver fixed the problems for me too, but i still cant get it to run. the problem is the same as before, compiling at the first start of rendering takes forever till the computer hangs.

my computer specifications are:

win7 64bit ultimate

amd phenom II 940be

8 gig ram

amd hd6970

catalyst version 13.10

is that cause i got an older generation? will it work with the finalized driver?

0 Kudos