Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

sdar
Journeyman III

Re: Blender Cycles(Opencl on AMD GPUS)

I didn't get it,

what's the "truth"?

that other vendors has no problems with Opencl like amd ones?

that amd is not going to fix opencl and we'll need to wait for HSA to be out and then buy new hardware?

So the truth then is that amd is not going to fix it to try to get more sales when HSA hardware come out?

.... the truth is that it's not working... future technologies are OK but we want the actual technology to work as expected so we can trust that future technologies are going to work too and not being a never mature concept.

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

Al parecer ya salió la nueva api de amd mantle y también otras características a futuro tressfx 2.0 y más. Junto a otros desadorroladores me parece una verguenza de parte de amd  en no encontrar un buen desarrolo de  al menos un motor de render o alguna informacion para los desarroladores para poder poder crear uno.

Amd deberia dar una convocatoria de motores de render 3den tiempo real. Poder crear algo como mantle  para 3d seria genial pienso yo.

Apparently already out the new api amd mantle and other features to future tressfx 2.0 and more. With other seems a shame desadorroladores from amd not to find a good expansion by at least one render engine or some information to the developers in order to create one.

Amd should give a call render engine 3DEN real time. Power to create something like 3d mantle would be great I think.

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

1) Migration to git and Phabricator

• Blender entered a new era of software development! What started with manual backups (1994), moved to cvs (2000), svn (2007) and now to git (2013). It’s almost the 7 year itch
  • Our online projects system also migrated, with GForge in 2003, to FusionForge in 2010, and now Phabricator. The Phabricator site has a lot better tools for organizing code work with large teams – including reviewing and managing feedback, research or patches. You can access it at developer.blender.org.
  • Special thanks to the awesome work on this migration by Brecht van Lommel, Campbell Barton, Sergey Sharybin, Dan McGrath and Julien Rivaud.
  • Remaining tasks are outlined here.
  • Brecht will write a code.blender.org blog article about the new development environment, which will get link on blender.org frontpage as well.

2) 2.70 targets and scheduling

• It’s BCon1 still – means we’re gathering ideas for the upcoming release.
  • Planning proposal: 2nd week of december move to BCon2, mid january BCon3, and release end of february. See the Blender 2.7x Release Cycle document.
  • Lukas Toenne: posted a patch for EWA sampling in Compositor on the bf-compositor list, needs some review but this at least would partially fix the sampling issues we have there.
  • Reminder for everyone, 2.70 is allowed to break forward compatibility.
  • Brecht is working on a UI project and team announcement, will be posted in few days.
  • Meeting discussed work we could do on keymaps and how to manage defaults or presets. Jonathan Williamson will contact people who might be interested in managing the Maya and Max “defaults”.  Brecht suggested to completely remove hardcoded C keymap definitions. This will be investigated further.
  • Meeting ended discussing a lot of interesting other code projects, like for painting tools (GSoC), Beveling options, modeling roadmaps, Cycles, etc. Ton suggested to try to work this out better in the coming weeks and make it a proposed target for 2.70 in wiki.

______

We keep hoping someday some users see Amd Cycles.O the Blender foundation of a little support to people in LuxRender so have better chance of getting it all worked with blender. Not only cycles.
______
Seguimos algunos usuarios esperando algun dia ver Amd Cycles.O que la fundacion de Blender de un poquito de apoyo a la gente de Luxrender para asi tener todos posibilidades de tenerlo mejor funcionado con blender. No solo cycles.

0 Kudos
tolga9009
Adept II

himanshu.gautam: Hi, I just wanted to ask, if there is any status update or any news, you can share with us. Also, out of curiosity: does the FirePro S10000 for Supercomputers also fight with the known AMD OpenCL compiler limitations?

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

The answer is very easy to answer. No, AMD has been trying to fix problems with OpenCL 3d render engines, without much to show for their drivers. So if you think amd gpu to just have LuxRender renders and nothing else, no renderer any more complete than that for amd. On the subject of passing information about any news eg cycles or some other render engine. That's not what you will say only when you try it out amd catalyst and does not give the same importance as pc games, not their priority. Honestly my attention from amd not apply to game companies for some programming help better support LuxRender or cycles that are gpl.

La respuesta es muy facil de responder. No, Amd lleva años tratando de solucionar problemas con opencl en motores de render 3d, sin mucho que mostrar en sus controladores. Asi que si piensas en amd gpu para renders solo tienes Luxrender y nada mas, no hay ningun motor de render mas completo que ese para amd. Sobre el tema de pasar informacion sobre alguna novedad ej: cycles o algun otro motor de render. Eso no te lo diran solamente cuando salga catalyst y lo pruebes amd no le da la misma importancia que a los juegos de pc, no es su prioridad. Sinceramente me llama la atencion de parte de amd de no solicitar a las empresas de juegos alguna ayuda de programacion para dar mejor apoyo a Luxrender o cycles que son gpl.

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

Slg to ceased to exist, it is now is a fucion Luxvr. Moments do not know much and consulting with people of LuxRender is currently not known if the new api mantle help in hardware performance with software 3d. Nor have knowledge about cycles or some kind of improvement in this regard, also were said to be more about daria mantle but not if can be applied to software in the field of 3d. Amd should pay a minimum of attention to the field of real-time 3D LuxRender is the only moments.

Slg a dejado de existir, ahora es Luxvr es una fucion. De momentos no sabemos mucho y consultando con la gente de Luxrender de momentos no se sabe si la nueva api mantle ayudara al rendimiento en hardware con software 3d. Tampoco se tiene conocimiento sobre cycles o algun tipo de mejora al respecto, tambien se decia que se daria mas informacion sobre mantle pero no si se puede aplicar a software en el campo del 3d. Amd debe prestarle un minimo de atencion al campo del 3d en tiempo real luxrender es el unico de momentos.

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

Since that time amd has drivers that work with cycles completely?

AMD FirePro

________________blender opencl.PNG

Desde que momento amd tiene controladores que funcionen con cycles totalmente?

0 Kudos
tolga9009
Adept II

Okay, for everyone new in this thread (and for AMD): Blender with full feature set still isn't working with the latest AMD drivers. This is not the Blender Devs' fault, but due to the ineffiency of the AMD compiler. It still doesn't compile the same OpenCL code, which the Nvidia OpenCL compiler and Intel OpenCL compiler can compile without any error. A blenderartist forum user reported his OpenCL kernel sizes: 2.9MB compiled with Nvidia OpenCL, 18MB with AMD OpenCL. And the worst thing is, we don't get / have ANY information, what's the cause and when it will be fixed. We're only asked to wait... For about more than a year now. So, everyone who is into GPGPU: please avoid AMD - at least until this is fixed. We don't get any attention from AMD, this is just frustrating... I still hope, that OpenCL 2.0 might fix this issue. But again; this is just wild speculation and we don't even know, whether OpenCL 2.0 will be available for our actual GPUs (HD5870 - HD7970) or not. Again: please avoid AMD for now, until this is completely fixed and big kernels are fully supported.

nou
Exemplar

2.9MB kernel code? that is a lot and it can really hurt performance. if you read AMD OpenCL programming guide they are advice you to keep your kernel size under 32-64kB size (not sure exact number but it is size of instruction cache) otherwise the performance can be greatly degraded. problem is that cycles is using big monolithic kernel which is not good for GPU at least for AMD one. but that is just my assumption which doesn't need to be accurate, from what I read from different sources.

0 Kudos
cusa123
Adept I

Also the problem is not taken into account by amd to pose a solution. So far the only one that can run it, others like LuxRender (spectral studio, Indigo render) are those that can be hacercar but with many more problems. It may be a bad move by amd "leave the industry 3d render engine."
It's a shame architects, designers, engineers prefer Nvidia. Amd is red in this sense either any kind of information gives me wonder if the hd 7000 series could support OpenCL 2.0. But so far no news that can not go ademasamd are not announced his plans. As I said before Amd is just to play.

_______________________________.

Igualmente el problema no es tomado en cuenta por amd para plantear una solucion. Hasta el momento el unico que puede correr es, luxrender otros como (spectral studio , Indigo render) son los que se pueden hacercar mas pero con muchos problemas. Puede ser una mala jugada de amd " abandonar el sector de motores de render 3d".

Es una pena arquitectos, diseñadores,ingenieros prefieren Nvidia. Amd esta en rojo en este sentido tampoco se da ningun tipo de informacion me gustaria saber si la serie 7000 hd podria soportar opencl 2.0. Pero hasta ahora ninguna novedad  que pueda salir ademasamd no lo anuncia no estan en sus planes . Como dije antes Amd solo es para jugar.

0 Kudos