Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

npm1
Adept II

Blender Cycles(Opencl on AMD GPUS)

Dear Opencl Developer

Why doesn't the AMD opencl compiler work with blender cycles?

whenever i compile the blender cycles kernel, the system either crashes due to lack of memory, or takes too long to compile the blender cycles kernel(which thereafter comes up with the following error:

opencl build failed:errors in console

calclcompile failederror: creating kernel_ocl_path_trace failed!

can't open file c:\tmp\5688.blend@ for writing:no file or directory

).

When is AMD opencl compiler going to work properly with blender cycles?

Why can't the AMD opencl compiler developers test their compiler against blender cycles?

Seasons Greetings,

npm1,

PS i am as well as others(i assume) are considering to make a switch from AMD GPUs to Nvidia.

371 Replies

OpenCL memory size under Linux is currently limited to 50% of total VRAM.

0 Likes

Well the first thing is that the vram on the gpu to use is not released also see time this is my pc..

(((((((Amd fx 8120 , 16gb de ram 1600, cooler telmaltake water performer 2.0 ,fuente cooler master gx 750, gabinete gladiador 600 cooler master ,disco sata 2 wd windows /sata 3 linux ubuntu/ placa asus m5a88-m/ gpu asus amd hd 7870 2gb monitor viewsonic 22((posible coneccion de tv led 32"))))))))))

http://subefotos.com/ver/?668c868936454 ... 73590o.png ((mem 277 mb - 1601 mb)) In windows 7 ((2048 mb vram))

http://subefotos.com/ver/?0a076891d2ebe ... fb21bo.png ((mem 169 mb - 1572 mb)) It makes no sense and are just minutes apart from each other can not consume both while some also use 169-277 mb?

http://subefotos.com/ver/?9ffee225147a9 ... b12c0o.png

The problem is that most renders and less memory do I have, so I have to restart the pc.  ((( Catalyst 13.6 and the same problem with 13.4 and 13.1))

LuxRender forum response!!

It is a very strange problem but it is clearly a driver bug: an application can not have a side effect on GPU memory after the end of the execution (i.e. across multiple executions). What driver version are you using ? Have you tried to install the latest drivers from http://www.amd.com ? I have never seen a problem like that.

0 Likes

Hi there AMD Team,

i chaned from NVIDIA to AMD because of the very good openCL performance.

But nearly one year the driver have a big compiling bug. I can not use GPU accelerated rendering in Blender Cycles and Luxrender.

Because of errors.

How is the actual status about this BUG. Sorry but this is very poor from such a big company.

Please give us a feedback how the actual status is.

Greets AREANDRES

It is possible to generate a hybrid gpu to cpu cycles? It could be possible? that the calculation of the mass is light and is calculated by gpu cpu and the rest in if I'm dividing tary technical but fucionar could not. At this point I think Amd and years that have already passed do not think amd has not some company that is targeted towards creating some render engine for amd or its range of graphics. But I also know that after more than 1 year without a solution I think will give not so I think it would be better to start from scratch to create one or the other option is that if possible with a company that works together as business amd Square Enix's games and his Crystal dinamic. The other option is to get more people interested in the issue, but the question is a bad idea as it will not be any competition and to companies or communities or individuals in the last two feedstock giving amd or amd gpus Pc Amd thus also expands the idea and more users for example. The idea also is to solutions not only short term but also if the big question amd anyone know the answer is as you may want to win some kind of market Apple if your graphic example only works on a particular type of programs and nothing more ?. Also we're reading that Nvidia and sack or was that for a driver with OpenGL 4.4 the question is how long it took to get him out Amd 1 years? or months? if so some things in their driver amd deverian to change drastically.

Español

Es posible generar un hibrido de cpu + gpu para cycles? Podria ser una posible? que el calculo de la masa sea y luz sea calculada por gpu y el resto por cpu, en si dividir tares no soy tecnico pero se pudiera fucionar no. A estas alturas creo que Amd y años que ya han pasado no se que pensar de amd tampoco ha alguna empresa que se destinara a crear algun motor de render para amd o su gama de graficas. Pero tambien se que luego de mas de 1 año sin una solucion me parece que no la daran asi que pienso que seria mejor empezar a crear uno de cero o la otra opcion es que si es posible con alguna empresa que colabora amd en conjunto como empresas de juegos  la  Square enix y su Crystal dinamic. La otra opcion es captar  mas gente interesada en el asunto pero la pregunta es el como no sera mala idea algun concurso y para empresas o comunidades o particulares en los dos ultimos regalando materia prima de amd Pc amd o gpus Amd asi tambien se expande la idea y mas usuarios  por ejemplo. La idea tambien es poner soluciones no solo a corto si tambien  largo plazo pero la gran pregunta que nadie de amd sabe contestar es como es posible querer conquistar algun tipo de mercado ejemplo  Apple si tu grafica solo funciona en un tipo particular de programas y nada mas?. Tambien ya estamos leyendo que Nvidia ya saco o esta en eso un driver con opengl 4.4 la pregunta es cuanto tiempo tardara Amd en sacarlo 1 año? o meses ? si es asi algunas cosas de amd en sus driver deverian de cambiar drasticamente.

0 Likes

Hello,

we are using LuxRender that tries to work with OpenCL in SLG Path OpenCL variant.

It works very good, but often we hit compilation bugs in OpenCL part of AMD closed source driver.

This bugs, also seen in alternatives like Blender's Cycles OpenCL renderer, are stopping 3-D artists from using Radeon cards in production.

Please, can anyone solve them?

One bug report is here:

http://www.luxrender.net/mantis/view.php?id=1407

0 Likes
bsp2020
Challenger

Apparently if it works and goes pretty well to start this great but hopefully in future be possible to repair the problem of textures as jpg image - png. I'm testing with Catalyst 13.8 (2) and 2.63 blender well Amd hopefully further improvements.

------

Español

Al parecer si funciona y anda bastante bien para empezar esta genial aunque esperemos que en futuras se pueda reparar el problema de texturas en imagen como jpg - png. Lo estoy probando con Catalyst 13.8 (2) y con blender 2.63 bien Amd esperemos nuevas mejoras.

0 Likes

Thanks for letting us know it's already out.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

The interesting thing is what happens to me with the graphics not as it is with nvidia cyclos but amd is something wrong but hey I will explain working at 98% constant for over 10 min the graph does not increase its temperature in almost anything from 3 to 5 degrees the other thing is it takes to compile but if we leave it open we can change the color of materials and some other things without problems and is extremely fast the other is more number of passes does not slow down if not otherwise increase the use of ram is reasonable, the bmw gpu now takes 512 passes.

cpu amd 8120 http://www.freeimagehosting.net/omzol

Gpu amd 7870 http://www.freeimagehosting.net/b2hiy

http://www.freeimagehosting.net/yh8fr

Only works with Blender 2.63 - I can not make it work in any other version.

I'm interested in trying to make it work in 2.68 for hair gait cycles. So any idea hacelo try and walk but also helplessly proves change something in cycles.

He does not go with anyone else tried the 2.64 version and has a prblem of ram and ram fills the 2.61 and 2.62 the white clay out alone. Maybe you can do cyclos ride amd from 2.63.

----español----

Lo interesante es lo que me pasa con la grafica no se como es con nvidia cyclos pero con amd pasa algo raro pero bueno paso a explicar trabajando al 98% constante por mas de 10 min la grafica no aumenta su temperatura en casi nada de 3 a 5 grados lo otro es que tarda en compilar pero si lo dejamos abierto podemos cambiar el color de materiales y alguna que otra cosa sin problemas y es extraordinariamente rapido lo otro es mas cantidad de pases no disminuye la velocidad si no lo contrario aumente el uso de ram es razonable, El bmw gpu ahora tarda 512 pases

Solo funciona con Blender 2.63 - no puedo hacerlo andar en ninguna otra version.

Me interesaria hacerlo andar para poder probar en 2.68 para hacer andar pelo en cycles. Asi que alguna idea ya trate de hacelo andar pero sin poder hacer nada igualmente probare cambiar algo en cycles.

No anda con ninguna otra version probé la 2.64 y tiene un prblema de ram y ocupa toda la ram la 2.61 y 2.62 sale solo arcilla blanca.

Talvez se pueda hacer andar cyclos amd desde la 2.63.

0 Likes

I tested the 13.8 driver (2) 2.68A with blender and it works. But for the GPU rendering is too slow. often slower than my i7.

0 Likes

You may pass me blender kernel so I can prove it because I tried to use eh or arm and I can not used it also as I am only leaves the 2.63 and nothing more? / / /
Another thing you might go into blenderartist.org?

----------------------

Es posible que me pases el kernel de blender asi lo puedo probar porque lo eh tratado de usar o armar y me es imposible ademas como lo usaste a mi solo me deja el 2.63 y nada mas ?///

Otra cosa es posible que entres en blenderartist.org?

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

I'm interested in something like a mixture of bullet http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3wke1mVgE Real-Time Physics but it should be easier not so complex for an average user. Bullet Physics Real - time using blender internal think not? .

A mix sounds interesting?

Me interesaria algo parecido a http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hM3wke1mVgE una mezcla de bullet Physics Real-Time  pero deberia de ser mas facil no tan complejo para un usuario medio. Bullet Physics real - time creo que usa blender interno no? .

Una mezcla  suena interesante ?

0 Likes

Did you try the links that were in the video's description?

Blender 2.66a: http://www.blender.org/

StudioPhysicsDemo.blend file (for 2.66a!!): http://pasteall.org/blend/20546

Forum: http://blenderartists.org/forum/showt...

0 Likes

If you've seen it before but the problem is that it renders in real time to generate renderings. I am also seeing the kernel in blender to modify something but I can not with the theme of the textures. I also see that it is really fast I do not care much it takes to compile at first but if you walk the texture also read that in lux eh slg is managing a little better the subject of memory. Also I have a question eh seen this link but do not understand how it fails to users. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Rf13uMNWI

Si ya lo he visto antes pero el problema es que no renderiza en tiempo real para generar renders. Tambien estoy viendo el kernel en blender para modificarle algo pero no puedo con el tema de las texturas. Tambien veo que es realmente rapido no me importa mucho que tarde en compilar al principio pero si que ande la textura  tambien eh leido que en lux slg  esta gestionando un poco mejor el tema de la memoria. Tambien tengo una pregunta eh visto el este link pero no entiendo como no llega eso a los usuarios. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D_Rf13uMNWI

0 Likes

Hi, did you build/compile Blender with Bullet 3 in order to use OpenCL for physic simulation? We use Blender + Bullet 2 but doesn't use OpenCL

Hola, has podido compilar Blender con Bullet 3 para usar OpenCL en la simulación física? (o quizás alguna de las ultimas versiones 2.x que creo que ya usal algunas funciones OpenCL)

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

I'm looking forward to see some new catalyst AMD to see if it improves with Blender Cycles all I expect theme textures this is what gives the blender kernel running some things blenderartist.org users:

Compiling OpenCL kernel ...
OpenCL kernel build output:
"C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0C2.tmp.cl", line 34162: error: a value

of type "float4" can not be Assigned to an entity of type "BsdfEval"

* Eval = bsdf_eval (kg, sd, sc, omega_in, pdf) * sc-> weight;

^

"C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0C2.tmp.cl", line 34224: warning:

argument of type "BsdfEval *" is incompatible with parameter of type

"Float4 *"

int label = bsdf_sample (kg, sd, & sd-> closure, randu, randv, bsdf_eval, or
mega_in, domega_in, pdf);

^

"C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0C2.tmp.cl", line 34225: error: a value

of type "float4" can not be Assigned to an entity of type

"Struct BsdfEval"

* Bsdf_eval * = sd-> closure.weight;

^

2 errors detected in the compilation of "C: \ Users \ Tolga \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ OCLE0
C2.tmp.cl ".

Frontend compilation phase failed.

OpenCL build failed: errors in console

Some things that improve:
Originally Posted by tolga9009 View Post
I've just tested enabling more features. The Beta 2 Driver is definitely a step forward - nevertheless we're far away from "solved". My findings so far: __ enabling ANISOTROPIC__, AO__ __, __ and __ MULTI_CLOSURE__ BACKGROUND_MIS__ will give you a Functioning kernel, without any errors. Enabling __ LAMP_MIS__, HAIR__ __, __ and __ CAMERA_MOTION__ PASSES__ will give you errors, not related to the "Private Insufficient Resources" issue. Enabling __ TRANSPARENT_SHADOWS__ will give you the well known "Private Insufficient Resources" mistake (though I do not know, If This happens due to a combination of features or isolated).

So, the "Insufficient Resources Private 'error still exists, que means, That AMD has Greatly improved the drivers, but did not fix the problem (yet).

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Mixamo Face Plus: Bring Emotions To Your 3D Characters with Facial Animation - YouTube

http://hexus.net/tech/news/graphics/59433-amd-collaborates-mixamo-real-time-3d-face-animation/

For when a stable gpu render engine cycles, LuxRender or any?
Although I really like this very interesting.

Para cuando un motor de render gpu estable cycles, luxrender o alguno?

Aunque me gusta mucho esta muy interesante.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Please amd may solved the problem of cycles for catalyst 13.10?

_____

Es posible que amd Tenga solucionado el problema de cycles para catalyst 13.10 ?

0 Likes

I do not understand is that complicated to solve this problem. There has long been with Vray RT and Indigo now it's been that it lasts.

Finally it seems OpenCL brings more problems than it solve. but with graphics cards they do there is much to gain. Nvidia proves itso well. if you please help us to follow you.

0 Likes
sharlybg
Adept II

Finally 13.10 is out !

And there is goods news again:

1/ compiling cycles is fast as cuda ,very fast no matter it's the  first time or not!

2/ the overall system (W7 64bits) display don't slow down during rendering with cycles like in previous 13.8 (2) driver

3/ Gpu (HD 7950 ) is faster than CPU (i7 2600k) but only in realtime preview

bads news :

1/ blender crash when editing material in realtime

2/ Too Slower for a GPU like HD 7950.

in addition a developper of luxrender said that new catalyst driver improve memory usage in SLG 4.0:

SATva:  http://www.luxrender.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=10375&p=100022#p100022

At least i can confirm a tremendous improvement in compiler memory usage under 13.8 beta drivers with SLG.

maybe this month i will render an epic image on my two HD 7950.

please please continue to work don't stop kaveri and HD 9XXX serie are near and they must take advantage of cycles for benchmarks promotion !

finally we can really believe that they are working on !!!!!!!!!! Yeaaaaaahhhhh

0 Likes

sharlybg not give false expectations that I mentioned earlier goes and if you can prove it just do it, upload a video to youtube or some image. Also if you walk should walk with textures and blender 2.68 if not hanging deveria if so what you say compile it and upload it to the web.

---

Español

sharlybg No des falsas espectativas de que anda ya te mencione antes si puedes demostrarlo solo hazlo, sube un video a youtube o alguna imagen. Tambien si anda deberia andar con texturas y si fuera blender 2.68 no se deveria de colgar si es asi lo que tu dices compilalo y subelo a la web.

0 Likes

Ok mister Cusa123 i say only the truth and what i see on my screen check this Video.

amd on Vimeo

0 Likes

hi,

i am owning a hd6970 and tried if the new beta driver fixed the problems for me too, but i still cant get it to run. the problem is the same as before, compiling at the first start of rendering takes forever till the computer hangs.

my computer specifications are:

win7 64bit ultimate

amd phenom II 940be

8 gig ram

amd hd6970

catalyst version 13.10

is that cause i got an older generation? will it work with the finalized driver?

0 Likes

Make proven mentioned before?

Cmd

cd C: \ Program Files \ Blender Foundation \ Blender

Set CYCLES_OPENCL_TEST = all

Start blender.exe

The Downside is that it works at 99% and hangs the video is also a little faster than my micro so do not say whether the time is fast but to my understanding the problem would be in the gpu vram. It can go a lot faster but lacks polish and compared to smallluxgpu and also goes well with cycles hairs but fights a lot with the driver. You might think a driver amd aside for programs solely because it looks that in recent months the catalyst to increase a lot of the 135 mb to 235mb which I think is much this but could not generate internal conflicts catalyst. It can be so?

____

Español

El Inconveniente es que trabaja al 99% y se cuelga el video tambien es un poco mas rapido que mi micro asi que no se decir si de momentos es rapido pero para mi entender el problema estaria en la vram de la gpu. Se que puede ir muchisimo mas rapido pero le falta pulir y mucho en comparacion a smallluxgpu y tambien anda bien con pelos pero con cycles se pelea mucho con el controlador. Es posible que amd Cree un controlador aparte para programas exclusivamente ya que se ve que en los ultimos meses el catalyst a aumentado muchisimo de los 135 mb a los 235mb  que a mi parecer es mucho esto no se pero podria generar conflictos internos en catalyst. Puede ser asi?

0 Likes

yes, is set all the variables and i can select opencl and my gpu in blender user preferences. after i put some pictures to show the settings. in the last image the red highlighted box is the "loading render kernel" message, which acts the same as with earlier driver versions. keeps loading till my memory is full.

catalyst-info.jpgblender-user-preferences.jpg

blender-render-settings.jpgblender-loading-render-kernels.jpg

0 Likes

I feel great that it starts to test cycles with amd but if it's true moments that may not go as you see on nvidia but this progresses hopefully this version out for the new mac pro 2013 So it can be also used by the gpu firepro. From what I have understood Jestablunt blenderartist people is also testing this HD 7970 HD 7950 ((HD 7870 (my gpu)) HD 7750 HD 6950. I would like to try to look after you done with my career portfolio which give the mid to late October, then could start testing with the onboard on my motherboard which is a Ati 4250 to test at least walk. know that also has many problems relating to the hair but your problem is not that you should not if it's the architecture of the graphics or any part of the pc or what?.
Now viewing the problem is to uninstall the zero driver (AMD Catalyst Uninstall Utility) and restart the pc and try to install it again do not forget that it is a beta driver

Español

Me parece genial que se empieze a probar cycles con amd pero si es verdad de que de momentos no ande como uno ve en nvidia pero esto avanza esperemos que esto salga para la version de la nueva mac pro 2013 Asi puede ser tambien aprovechada por las gpu Firepro. Por lo que tengo entendido Jestablunt la gente de blenderartist tambien esta probando esto HD 7970 HD 7950  ((HD 7870(mi gpu)) HD 7750 HD 6950. Me gustaria tratar de ver despues de que termine con mi portafolio de la carrera al cual entrego el mediados y finales de octubre, luego podria empezar a probar con la onboard de mi placa que es una Ati 4250 al menos para probar si anda. Se que tambien tiene muchos problemas con respecto al pelo pero tu problema no se a que se debe no se si es la arquitectura de la grafica o alguna parte del pc o que?.

Ahora viendo el problema trata de desinstalar el controlador de cero  con (AMD Catalyst Uninstall Utility) y reinicia el pc y trata de instalarlo nuevamente no te olvides que es un controlador beta.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

I find it interesting how the driver improvement in so little time. Despite I'm interested to see cycles in 2.69 or, ideally, in the 2.70.

But the main thing now is that I walk my radeon 7870 works at 99% and sometimes 100% but also generates the scene it crashes so I should walk at least 95% of the graph. Another thing I'm interested to see is if amd can enable hybrid mode with the onboard gpu is that it is something small in my case but it would be interesting to see who works for the multi-monitor and not hang. In my case it would be an ati 4250 also another serious than a help to the chart at full load and not as amd said to put a dedicated onboard and does not serve to screen meos to have some minimum flow if piesa in render not a bad idea.

Here is the cmd to probe me:

Cmd

cd C: \ Program Files \ Blender Foundation \ Blender

September CYCLES_OPENCL_TEST = all

Start blender.exe

Sharlybg thank you very much for the info provided. leave a render with a (amd 7870 ghz) without oc asus directcu2. It goes a little better than my AMD fx 8120.Click image for larger version.   Name: Amd cycles .png  Views: 2  Size: 1.26 MB  ID: 258792

Español

Me parece interesante ver como mejora el controlador en tan poco tiempo. Auque me interesaria ver cycles en 2.69 o lo ideal seria en la 2.70.

Pero lo principal ahora es que ande mi radeon 7870 trabaja al 99% y algunas veces al 100% pero tambien genera que se cuelge la escena asi que deberia andar al menos al 95% de la grafica. Otra cosa que me interesaria ver es si amd es capaz de habilitar el modo hibrido con las gpu onboard se que es algo chico en mi caso pero seria interesante ver que trabaja para la parte de multi-monitor y no se cuelgue. En mi caso seria una ati 4250 lo otro seria tambien que una ayuda a la grafica en plena carga y no como dice amd que al ponerle una dedicada no sirva ya la onboard al meos para que la pantalla tenga algo de fluidez minima si se piesa en render no es mala idea.

dejo el cmd que probe yo:

Cmd

cd C:\Program Files\Blender Foundation\Blender

set CYCLES_OPENCL_TEST=all

Start blender.exe

Muchas gracias a sharlybg por la info brindada. dejo un render con una (amd 7870 ghz) sin oc asus directcu2. Va un poco mejor que mi AMD fx 8120.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Amd will have ready for when you leave the drivers for cycles for the new mac pro 2013, as amd does not have any render engine and is walking better. At times we have no info hope for when you leave the new graphic series radeon hd 2013.

Español

Amd tendra listo para cuando salga el controladores para cycles para la nueva mac pro 2013, ya que amd no tiene ningun motor de render y es el que camina mejor. Por momentos no tenemos ninguna info esperemos para cuando salga las nuevas graficas de la serie hd radeon  2013.

0 Likes
afree10
Journeyman III

5650 Blender Error.png

with mobility radeon x64 5650 driver versions: 13.9 and 13.10 beta these are the errors that cycles compilation is complaining about

0 Likes

I just realised that this is actually an error in the development build of blender that pops up in addition to the frontend compilation error (which I got when I commented out the functions involved (well one was in the source code itself that insists on using the VC9 C++ Standard Library so I didn't comment that out which may have contributed to the frontend compilation)). So that may not even be AMD drivers fault (I don't know enough about OpenCL to know if casting a float4 (no doubt a OpenCL version of vec4 in disguise) is illegal) (it may just be a work in progress).

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

From what I read in the news Apple will bring new imac "Apple updated their iMac with new NVIDIA GPUs and Haswell". So eh read is because of users work with 3D specifically, this is what's missing unfortunately Amd. In my review amd hulilde today September 25th to submit new graphics to which want to surprise but more surprised with some new catalyst really well.

Español

Por lo que leo en las noticias Apple sacará nuevas imac " Apple actualiza sus iMac con nuevas GPUs NVIDIA y Haswell". Por lo que eh leido es por culpa de que los usuarios trabajan con 3d especificamente, esto se lo esta perdiendo Amd por desgracia. En mi hulilde opinion amd presentara hoy  25 de septiembre  nuevas graficas a la cual quieren sorprender pero mas sorprenderian con algun nuevo catalyst realmente bien.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

Not with version 13.9 as a base catalyst not have any breakthrough opposite is worsening. I leave a picture I'm also testing hybrid mode cpu + gpu and as always closes blender. We keep waiting.!!. Updated now eh installed above the 13.10 beta version solved the problem. What catches my attention is that you must install two amd catalyst drivers to work averagely well. Not if you only install the beta version 13.10 would walk but soon hopefully get 13.11 ASAP. And finally blenderartist many people wonder if the new "api amd" will be able to run on the series "gcn radeon hd 7000"?.

____

No con la versión catalyst 13.9 como base no se tiene ningún avance es todo lo contrario se empeora. Dejo una imagen tambien estoy probando modo hibrido cpu + gpu y como siempre se cierra blender. Seguimos en espera.!!.  Actualizado ahora eh instalado arriba la version 13.10 beta y se soluciona el problema. Lo que me llama la atencion es que hay que instalar dos controladores amd catalyst para que funcione mediamente bien. No se si solo instalando la version 13.10 beta andaria pero esperemos que salga pronto la 13.11 lo antes posible. Y por ultimo mucha gente de blenderartist se pregunta si la nueva "api de amd" sera capaz de funcionar con la serie "gcn 7000 hd radeon"?.

0 Likes
cusa123
Adept I

The Mantle Api amd can be the solution to blender cycles.

_____

La Api Manto amd Puede ser la solucion a cycles blender.

0 Likes

Hi cusa,

I would appreciate, if I can get your review feedback in proper english. The translated version, does not make enough sense to me to report something to AMD Developer team. Thanks for all the hard-work you have been doing.

0 Likes

Hello Himanshu gautam ! please tell us did they still work on opencl issues ?

0 Likes

Now that Blender compiles fine, the compiler team is working to make it still more better - possibly reduced IL size etc...

Meanwhile,

Can you guys work on optimizing your code for AMD GPUs? - now that the code compiles....

-

Bruhaspati

0 Likes

Can you guys work on optimizing your code for AMD GPUs? - now that the code compiles....

Yes Blender devs can do that but the opencl driver from AMD isn't ready ! why I said this:

when rendering a medium scene in blender cycles on a GPU using only opencl Nvidia card get 4X times the speed of radeon : for example the mike pan BMW bench scene results for opencl are following:

OPENCL GTX 570 = 54 secs

OPENCL HD 7950 = 3.48 min

two GPUs both use opencl but this is ours sad life. There is Lot of busness to do here the concerned is not only blender Cycles but all programme using opencl today and all potential software that use CUDA but can change like Adobe.it is about AMD reputation about Kaveri futur to. If Opencl get faster than CUDA under cycles all Nvidia owners will change their card for AMD .

please please please please please please plesase please  fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix fix this this . oooh god god is it someone to understand what is happening to us ?

0 Likes

Please what'is IL:

reduce IL size.

0 Likes

IL means "Intermediate Language". It's a step between the C language in which the kernel is written and the actual binary (compiled assembly) that the device executes. A more compact IL representation of the kernel would offer a number of advantages among which faster compilation, better optimization opportunities and less chances of producing buggy code.

0 Likes

himanshu.gautam a écrit:

Now that Blender compiles fine, the compiler team is working to make it still more better - possibly reduced IL size etc...

Meanwhile,

-

Bruhaspati

Yes we get cod improvements in blender 2.69 (in 2.68 the app crash during materials editing but the bug get fixed in blender 2.69 )

today i've doing some test of blender 2.69 RC1 and catalyst 13.10 v2:

1/ Cycles dn't crash when editing material in rendering preview mod GPU compute (but blender 2.68 will crash in the same condition)

2/

When CPU is selected as compute device ( prefernces=>systeme ) and rendering done via GPU mod the rendering get 35% faster but the CPU run 100% during rendering (it's like GPU+CPU rendering). It is the same way like CUDA GPU rendering mod work.When you run cycles with a Nvidia GPU the CPU load go from 90% to------- 100%.  GPU tahiti (opencl device tahiti) = 3.04 min GPU tahiti (opencl device i7 2600k) = 1.54 min Intel i7 (opencl device i7 2600k) = 3.07 min

3/ But running Cycles with Tahiti+i7 2600k as compute device lead to a split screen rendering bug.but blender will not crash.

0 Likes