Very newbie question. I have tried the following on both Radeon HD 4850 and 38xx. Does not seem to work for me. Am I missing something:
- Clean install of CentOS 5.1
- Installed compat-libstdc++-33-3.2.3-61.i386.rpm
- installed ati-driver-installer-8-7-x86.x86_64.run (also tried 8.49 driver)
- installed amdcal-1.01.1_beta.i386.run
- installed amdbrook-1.01.0_beta.i386.run
- updated env variables to export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/amdcal/lib/:/usr/local/amdbrook/sdk/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
- Then I tried the following:
Finding out number of devices :-
Device Count = 0
CAL shutdown successful.
CAL does no appear to find my device no matter what I try. I've tried running in both "init 3" and "init 5" but no luck. I have a very basic motherboard with one and only ATI Radeon card when I try this. Could someone who has gotten this to work please let me know how? I assume it's very basic as I see others working just fine. Thx.
Ok, finally figured it out. CAL programs need to be run w/ X and GL running. Is there anyway to run CAL without running X?
Are there plans to decouple the graphics from CAL? I have to think it would make it run faster in that manner when the driver/HW doesn't need to worry about graphics display.
Also, the latest drivers do not run with CAL. Only 8.49. When will CAL be part of the standard driver release?