cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

bieblsoft
Journeyman III

as a c++ developer i want to start using opencl. I have installed the actual radeon driver, but i cannot find information on a opencl sdk. All related links on AMD pages ore broken.

as a c++ developer i want to start using opencl. I have installed the actual radeon driver, but i cannot find information on a opencl sdk. All related links on AMD pages ore broken.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Okay, It doesn't download for me but this User had the same problem and resolved by the Moderator here: Almost impossible to download the SDK

The attached PDF does work though. But if you click on the Orange link at the top of the copied page it will take you to the actual download page , current APP SDK, where I was able to download the SDK.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
3 Replies

I found this AMD site with OpenCL Sdk information and downloads. I copied the entire page since you said you are unable to link to any amd websites. You should be able to download any programs from this post. I also attached a PDF of the OPENCL PROGRAMMING USER GUIDE from AMD Website:

APP SDK – A Complete Development Platform

HeteroCompute_APP_1140x100

AMD OpenCL™ Accelerated Parallel Processing (APP) technology is a set of advanced hardware and software technologies that enable AMD graphics processing cores (GPU), working in concert with the system’s x86 cores (CPU), to execute heterogeneously to accelerate many applications beyond just graphics. This enables better balanced platforms capable of running demanding computing tasks faster than ever, and sets software developers on the path to optimize for AMD Accelerated Processing Units (APUs). The AMD APP Software Development Kit (SDK) is a complete development platform created by AMD to allow you to quickly and easily develop applications accelerated by AMD APP technology. The SDK provides samples, documentation, and other materials to quickly get you started leveraging accelerated compute using OpenCL™or C++ AMP in your C/C++ application. (Check the AMD OpenCL™ Zone for these and other tools and libraries.)

https://developer.amd.com/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-app-sdk/It is important to download and install the indicated tested drivers for your graphics card before proceeding.

For additional information, see the MD5 Checksums, System Requirements & Driver Compatibility page. Scroll down for the current APP SDK downloads.

AMD APP SDK v3.0 is Now Available!

AMD APP SDK 3.0 supports OpenCL™ 2.0 with samples highlighting the new features and benefits of OpenCL™ 2.0 – the latest compute API standard from Khronos.  The SDK also includes samples for accelerated libraries such as the Open Source  C++ template library called “Bolt” and the OpenCL™ accelerated OpenCV (Open Computer Vision) library.  This release supports Catalyst Omega 15.7 driver.  For a list of supported devices for OpenCL™  2.0, please see the MD5 Checksums, System Requirements & Supported Compilers & Devices page.  Read the Getting Started Guide for more details.  Please give it a try and provide us with feedback.

Resources

APP SDK 3.0 Installation Notes

Online Documentation: OpenCL Programming User Guide

Online Documentation: OpenCL Programming Optimization Guide

APP SDK 3.0 Getting Started Guide

MD5 Checksums, System Requirements & Supported Compilers & Devices

Documentation

Feedback & Questions

Open Source Libraries

OpenCL 2.0 Samples

Downloads

File NameVersionSizeLaunch DateTHEBitnessDescription
AMD APP SDK 3.0

187 MB

3/23/2016

Linux

32-Bit

AMD APP SDK 3.0 for 32-bit Linux

187 MB

3/23/2016

Linux

64-Bit

AMD APP SDK 3.0 for 64-bit Linux

3.8MB

08/25/2015

Windows®

32-Bit and 64-Bit

AMD APP SDK 3.0 for 32-bit and 64-bit Windows®

AMD APP SDK v2.9.1

98 MB

8/28/14

LInux

32 Bit

AMD APP SDK built for 32-bit Linux®

123 MB

8/18/14

Linux

64 bit

AMD APP SDK built for 64-bit Linux®

109 MB

8/28/14

Windows

32-bit

AMD APP SDK built for 32-bit Microsoft® Microsoft® Windows® 7, Microsoft® Windows® 8 and Microsoft® Windows® 8.1

118 MB

8/28/14

Windows

64 bit

AMD APP SDK built for 64-bit Microsoft® Microsoft® Windows® 7, Microsoft® Windows® 8 and Microsoft® Windows® 8.1

AMD APP SDK v2.9

98 MB

11/11/2013

Linux

32-bit

AMD APP SDK built for 32-bit Linux®

147 MB

11/11/2013

Linux

64-bit

AMD APP SDK built for 64-bit Linux®

112 MB

11/11/2013

Windows

32-bit

AMD APP SDK built for 32-bit Microsoft® Microsoft® Windows® 7, Microsoft® Windows® 8 and Microsoft® Windows® 8.1

121 MB

11/11/2013

Windows

64-bit

AMD APP SDK built for 64-bit Microsoft® Microsoft® Windows® 7, Microsoft® Windows® 8 and Microsoft® Windows® 8.1

0 Likes

Okay, It doesn't download for me but this User had the same problem and resolved by the Moderator here: Almost impossible to download the SDK

The attached PDF does work though. But if you click on the Orange link at the top of the copied page it will take you to the actual download page , current APP SDK, where I was able to download the SDK.

0 Likes

Thank you. With your hints i finally managed to download the sdk and tools. But nevertheless, all of the corresponding links on the AMD Homepage do not work.

0 Likes