cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

andyr1
Adept I

Arghh... AMD OpenCL Linux SDK download still broken!

I'm trying to download the AMD OpenCL Linux SDK, which starts off at a snail's pace and then dies after 80K (of 146,315 KB)... every time!

There's no other options or locations on the download page, here:

http://developer.amd.com/tools-and-sdks/heterogeneous-computing/amd-accelerated-parallel-processing-...

Some people seem to have had better luck in the past by tricking the website to use the archive link, e.g.

http://developer.amd.com/amd-license-agreement/?f=AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0-lnx64.tgz

but this is behaving the same way curently - i.e. starts off painfully slow, then cuts off around 80K.

Does anyone know of any way of getting hold of the AMD Linux SDK?

I can see from the forums that this has been a problem for people for years. It's unbelievable that it's been left in this awful state for so long.

0 Likes
1 Solution

deedeeyelverton wrote:

Andy R  DId you try the 2.9 version today From the downloads page? That was working for me yesterday.

Thanks for the advice, deedeeyelverton , but looking into this deeper I think I've identified that the problem is at our end on our corporate server config and is not related to the issues other people have experienced in the past with the AMD download itself.

Apologies for wasting time with this thread. It can probably be shut down.

Cheers,

Andy

View solution in original post

0 Likes
2 Replies

Andy R  DId you try the 2.9 version today From the downloads page? That was working for me yesterday. 

deedeeyelverton wrote:

Thanks for the advice, deedeeyelverton , but looking into this deeper I think I've identified that the problem is at our end on our corporate server config and is not related to the issues other people have experienced in the past with the AMD download itself.

Apologies for wasting time with this thread. It can probably be shut down.

Cheers,

Andy

0 Likes