Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

rstbroker
Journeyman III

APP Profiler Command Line

Hi,

I'm trying to use the AMD APP Profiler to profile an OpenCL application under linux, however the documentation for the command line interface appears to have gone walkies, as far as I can tell it used to be located here: http://developer.amd.com/tools/AMDAPPProfiler/html/usingthecommandlinesection.html

When I try to run my application I instead get dmesg output indicating that amdocl32.so has experienced a segmentation fault. The application runs perfectly fine outside the profiler (i.e. without causing a segfault).

Can anyone give me a quick intro to using the profiler from the command line, in case it's me being dense and using it wrong.

Thanks,

Richard

0 Likes
1 Solution
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

one way would be to try to profile some SDK Samples. If they do not profile properly, probably it is your fault.

Also I downloaded the APP Profiler linux package, and I could find the documentation as doxygen style html files.

Anyways i have attached the cmdline options as a png file here.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
himanshu_gautam
Grandmaster

one way would be to try to profile some SDK Samples. If they do not profile properly, probably it is your fault.

Also I downloaded the APP Profiler linux package, and I could find the documentation as doxygen style html files.

Anyways i have attached the cmdline options as a png file here.

0 Likes