Showing results forΒ 
Search instead forΒ 
Did you mean:Β 

OpenCL

gat3way
Journeyman III

AMD OpenCL APP SDK 2.6 - Preview Announcement, Dec 13, 2011

Yep πŸ™‚

BTW is it my proxy or the AMD APP SDK page is seriously inconsistent? Links to APP SDK 2.6 were replaced with those to 2.5, but 2.6 checksums remain. Recommended Catalyst driver is 11.12 which is not out yet. Documentation links are for 2.5, but some of the documents linked are written for 2.6. Rather weird...

0 Kudos
Meteorhead
Challenger

The contents of the page do not change to the wave of a wand. It takes roughly one day until they change all the links and update the pages. SDK was said to be out Dec 13 (today), so if they update everything by midnight, they are still in time.

Do not be surprised if drivers will only make it 1-2 days late. There have been sooo many bugs lately, I can live with a few days delay if it results in more stable and bug-free drivers. (Although you can bet I'm as eager to get my hands on them as you are)

0 Kudos
clamport
Journeyman III

0 Kudos
nou
Exemplar

also for linux http://www2.ati.com/drivers/linux/ati-driver-installer-11-12-x86.x86_64.run

0 Kudos
nou
Exemplar

so i instaled catalyst 11.12 and i can say that there is at lest one new extension and that is cl_ext_atomic_counters_32

0 Kudos
NURBS
Journeyman III

I installed 11.12 and GPU is no long available as CL device?

0 Kudos
gat3way
Journeyman III

Offline compilation still broken with 11.12, BUT:

I provide -O0 to the list of build options and it's OK.  Moreover, looks like -O0 has no effect on performance, I get exactly the same performance as with 2.5 and 11.11 without -O0.

100% CPU problem is finally gone forever. Not 30% or so, almost no CPU utilization as it was in 2.4. Nice.

I am going to get the ISA dump out of the Tahiti target now, I expect that to be interesting πŸ™‚

P.S WOW! Looks like AMD is truly ditching off VLIW! When are those going to be documented?

userElementCount

NumVgprs 

NumSgprs 

etc?

0 Kudos
MicahVillmow
Staff
Staff

gat3way,
Do you have a specific example that is crashing offline compilation? I use it quite often and do not see it crashing with any internal builds.
0 Kudos
gat3way
Journeyman III

I cannot provide a good test case right now, I can send you one of my kernels (it's rather long though, dunno if it's the proper place to paste). 

0 Kudos
MicahVillmow
Staff
Staff

gat3way, you can post it here, send it via our feedback email, pastebin or any way you feel comfortable.
0 Kudos