Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OpenCL

vvelichkov
Journeyman III

AMD OpenCL APP SDK 2.6 - Preview Announcement, Dec 13, 2011

Next release of AMD OpencCL APP SDK 2.6, OpenCL 1.2 preview-support

Hopefully this time the SDK and 11.12 run-time will include some serious bug-fixes and performance optimizations:

http://blogs.amd.com/developer/2011/11/28/amd-opencl%E2%84%A2-app-sdk-preview/

This release will also include preview of OpenCL 1.2 features. So far, so good!

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
25 Replies
nou
Exemplar

and also more features for Linux side. like OVD and zero copy.

0 Kudos
Raistmer
Adept II

Originally posted by: vvelichkov

Hopefully this time the SDK and 11.12 run-time will include some serious bug-fixes and performance optimizations:

http://blogs.amd.com/developer...-sdk-preview/

This release will also include preview of OpenCL 1.2 features. So far, so good!

No so good cause they make errors even into hype blogs! Accordingly to blog there is Cat 12.12 where we can expect bugfixes... well, hope this typo will not become sad reality...
0 Kudos
Meteorhead
Challenger

New SDK available for download from APP SDK webpage. New drivers aren't there yet, but hope they make it sometime during the afternoon.

0 Kudos
clamport
Journeyman III

Note that the link is currently wrong for the Windows 64 bit installer, and points to APP 2.5. If you want the beta, just modify the link to 2.6 instead of 2.5... or click here

Regards,

Chris

0 Kudos
antzrhere
Adept III

Not sure if it's because I'm still using Catalyst 11.11 but now I'm using SDK 2.6, AMD APP KernelAnalyzer reports the same Compiler statistics no matter what Function you select...

0 Kudos
Meteorhead
Challenger

AMD APP Kernel Analyzer uses runtime installed, which ships with drivers and not with the SDK. It might work if you manually replace runtime binaries with those found inside the SDK, but keep in mind that this is not standard procedure.

0 Kudos
gat3way
Journeyman III

Hm, offline compilation crashes for me. Some kernels always crash when building, others just crash when building for the new targets (e.g Tahiti). 

I guess I should wait until 11.12 comes out...

0 Kudos
quadboon
Journeyman III

yes, offline compilations is broken. it either crashes during compilation or the produced binary output fails after reading with clBuildProgram() -11

0 Kudos
Meteorhead
Challenger

Patience is a virtue my friends... (although I myself do have the url of 11-12 linux drivers in a browser, and check if the drivers are there, even if the webpage isn't updated yet)

If most bugs would be fixed, OCL 1.2 conformance be introduced, and perhaps a few new features be implemented (Direct GPU-GPU transfer, or GDS/GWS, ...) that would be a real nice treat before the holidays.

0 Kudos