cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

endre
Journeyman III

AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0-lnx64.tgz corrupted?

Hi Everyone,

I have a pretty annoying problem. The downloaded AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0-lnx64.tgz is corrupted. After downloading the file I checked the MD5 Checksum and it doesn't compare the posted 269b323e4b5f64735b3f8309000929c4 sum. Also, the file can not be un-gzipped and besides the file size is 117 MB rather than 120 MB as reported on the website. I repeated the download a few times, but the problem is consistent. Did it happen to anyone else?

Cheers,
Endre

0 Likes
1 Solution
rrobinson2000
Journeyman III

Same here. Although I found a workaround for now (by going to archive and then changing the url to the 2.8.1.0 release):

http://developer.amd.com/amd-license-agreement/?f=AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0-lnx64.tgz

View solution in original post

0 Likes
8 Replies
z3ro3x
Journeyman III

Same here.  I tried multiple times with Chrome and Firefox and I get the same results.

0 Likes
lmwu
Journeyman III

Yes, same thing happens to me.

0 Likes
rrobinson2000
Journeyman III

Same here. Although I found a workaround for now (by going to archive and then changing the url to the 2.8.1.0 release):

http://developer.amd.com/amd-license-agreement/?f=AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0-lnx64.tgz

0 Likes

Thanks, the workaround works perfectly! Before that I had resigned myself to the 2.8 version.

0 Likes

I thought the file itself is corrupted, but it seems that there is a copy in the archive, as you suggested. Many thanks. I managed to download it, and it works.

0 Likes
rmsc
Journeyman III

Yet another "same here". The fact that it's now Saturday makes me believe this won't get noticed until next week... Arghh!

0 Likes
xdarkshadowknightx
Journeyman III

Hey guys, I was having the same problem with the AMD-APP-SDK-v2.8.1.0-Windows-64.zip download this morning, but after looking around for solutions I found out that you can open it with 7zip and extract the files. The installer worked just as I expected too, so I don't think it has anything to do with corruption, but maybe it was just compressed wrong? Hope this helps!

0 Likes
solver
Adept I

Same here. I had the same issue.

0 Likes