Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Sam_AMD
Community Manager

Happy New Year Red Team!

Cheers to the New Year, Red Team!

I spent the last few days of 2022 trying my best to help a few fellow members with their new XTX GPUs – thank you for your patience, finished building my F-15E Strike Eagle model...

F15_1.jpg

F15_2.jpg

F15-3.jpg

...started playing MWII (I’m playing the Campaign missions, my favorites so far are the sniper missions and the shooting-up-side-down-while-hanging-from-a-heli-on-fire. By the way, the graphics a amazing)...

MW2_Heli.png

MWII_Heli2.jpg

...and gained a few pounds; I cooked my world-famous ragu sauce for lasagne and pasta al forno, ate a “few” panettoni and pandoro…for breakfast LOL!

Panettone.jpg

Sams_Ragu.jpg

Pandoro.PNG

I feel reenergized, and ready for all the good “stuff” 2023 has in store for us! How about you? What did you do the last week of 2022?

Happy New Year! May 2023 be a wonderful one…let’s go Red Team!

BUILD. PLAY. SHARE.

Sam
Your biggest fan!
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800XT
12 Replies
Axxemann
Forerunner

Uhhh.... @Sam_AMD that looks more like an A or C model as opposed to an E model. You're missing the WSO seat, conformal tanks and most importantly: BOMBS.

I haven't played MW2 yet, but I don't have the $90CAD to blow on a game.

The ragu looks tasty! Care to share the recipe?

You can have my share of pannetone and pandoro. My German blood prevents me from liking that, despite my dad (who was born and raised in Germany) LOVING the stuff. I'll stick to Spekulatius, Spritzgeback, and maybe a bit of Lebkuchen. Maybe it's because I prefer cookies over cake, I dunno.

Glad you had a great one, dude. Other than my mishap, things were nice and quiet for me! I like it like that!

Performance over Pretty.

Yeah, you are right. It's a "C". It's a 1/48 scale model by Tamiya. Good catch, you must be either a modelist or an aviation fan. (I am both!).

About the ragu! The most important ingredients the ground beef, soffritto, and tomato puree (I use Mutti). And I eye-ball the ingredients and taste everything often. 

Ground Beef: Prepare the ground beef in a wide pan. Don't add any oil, but make sure the pan is nice and hot. Put the ground beef there and start chopping it with a wooden spoon, you want the beef to be in little tiny chunks. Let it brown up nicely, add a spoon or two of your favorite beer, and let it simmer till it evaporates. Then add salt, garlic salt, and dried basil. Mix everything up and let it rest for a few mins. Turn off the stovetop. 

Soffritto: carrots, onions, and celery. Grind them up, and cook on low-medium heat in olive oil. Once cooked, add two small spoons of salt and garlic salt. Steer them up and add "Mutti - with basil" tomato sauce. I normally use one bottle. Steer again, and start tasting, make sure to add salt if needed, or a small cup of water if it's too salty. Once the sauce starts boiling, add the ground beef (90% Lean/ 10% fat). Now, turn the heat to low, and bring everything to a boil. Let it boil for about 20 to 30 mins, steer periodically, and keep tasting. Turn everything off after 30 min and let it rest for a few hours (till it's warm, not hot). Done. 

Sam
Your biggest fan!

I was thinking it was a 1/48 scale. Surprised it was a Tamiya! I built one of those when I was about 9 or 10. Paint and decals were nowhere near that nicely done. I stopped building models when I was about 12 or so. Ran out of free time between school, sports and Air Cadets (yep, I'm an aviation geek, too!) I think my pride & joy planes were my 1/72 scale F-101B, done up as a CF-101 in 416 Lynx Squadron livery... the Lynx One scheme. I needed mom's help with the paint & decals. And then there was the CF-18B (again, 1/72) in 410 Cougar Sqn livery. Maybe once my finger heals up I'll pick up another plane to build.

Thanks for the recipe! I'll see what I can source. I don't see Mutti around here, but I can definitely source the ingredients!

Performance over Pretty.
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

I totally just copied your recipe into my recipe folder. I'm going to make this in the next couple of days. If you like Chili, have I got a recipe for you that's taken years and years to perfect?

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED
0 Likes

Yes please! I love chili! Thank you! 

Sam
Your biggest fan!
0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

And you didn't invite me!😂

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
GreatnessRD
Miniboss

Happy New Year, boss! That strike Eagle model looks dope! But I'm here for the good eats. 😆

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
0 Likes
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I used to build models in the 1970s to 1980s, mostly tanks and things of this nature.  I even joined the International Plastic Modelers Association and attended one of their events where I won 3rd place or something like that for a Panzer III model I had built.  But I stopped building a long time ago due to the difficulty I have with seeing the small parts and painting the models.  Age creeps up on you in the end.  

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

I hear ya @BigAl01 

My eyes play tricks on me when painting, cutting, and gluing parts. But I still enjoy it a lot, it's a great way for me to relax and do something with my hands. 😂

Sam
Your biggest fan!

And the prices for a model these days is crazy compared to back when I was building around the sane time you did. I do have some balsa wood RC planes I am about to start building though. I got a few kits from my dad who has stopped building and just gave me just about everything from the kit to the engines. I just need to get some servos and will be good to go.

spinalfailed
Challenger

Happy New Year everyone!

Happy New Year Everyone and hope this year brings you all joy and happiness for the most part.