cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Key-J
Paragon

Favourite Movie?

I'm sure we all have a movie out there that we absolutely love, or maybe it's not your favourite but you always recommend it to people. I'd like to know what yours is! 

For me, probably one of my favourite movies is Meet Joe Black.
718aOAtiCmL

It's not a movie I go back and watch all the time, but every time I do I enjoy it. It's not full of action, it's not a comedy but an excellent portrayal of life and death with some philosophical moments mixed in. 

--

What about you? Which movie do you want to share?

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
23 Replies
red5
Miniboss

For a drama, Shawshank Redemption. For a comedy, Fanboys (mostly because my wife's cousin wrote the movie, but it is really good and funny)

For action, I couldn't really mention just one. I like the John Wick franchise, F&F, MI, etc...

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1085972132004991
Discord https://discord.gg/pttrmDpeVN

Meet Joe Black - I enjoyed that movie. Funnily enough I watched it on my flight to NYC the other week. Hadn't seen it in years.

Shawshank - How can you not like that movie

I can never do these things... movies, songs. Impossible to name only one. That being said..

Alien/Aliens.. if it brings you to getting tattoo's of it.. safe to say it's a long term commitment as to your love of it 😆

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Two movies come to mind for me... 

f375acfea9a826b052b8756f36f722fd.jpg

Walk the line is my absolute all-time favorite, I have watched it more times than I would like to admit. 

5191N4198ZL.jpg

Road to Perdition is a runner up for me.. Not an all time favorite, but a really good movie.  

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

I have a lot of favorites but here are just a few!

Ashley_AMD_4-1652737817516.jpeg

The entire trilogy is like "comfort food" to me. xD

Ashley_AMD_8-1652737941704.jpeg

Just a really great movie.

Ashley_AMD_9-1652738010723.jpeg

Another "comfort food" movie. I have no idea why lol, it just is. Maybe the nostalgia?

---
Ashley
Ryzen 7 5800X • Radeon RX 6900 XT • Gigabyte X570S AERO G •

Terminator 2 is my favorite of the series.  Arnold has made so many good movies that I could watch any of them again and again.

But, if you like cowboy movies, then Clint Eastwood's Unforgiven takes the cake.  Lots of good acting and excitement in that one.

728d96e110d78d419841b636d2909bcd.jpg

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".

Tombstone 😎

.. I'm your huckleberry 🤠

My favorites is basically all great Science Fiction and Fantasy movies (with great CGI graphics), Animation Movies, and comedies.

Also Action Adventure movies like those starred by Clint Eastwood (Western or Police) or Indiana Jones type movies.

Horrors movies are my least liked genre unless it is a Science Fiction horror type movie like Aliens or Predator or Terminator type movies.

The Blob is a good example of an old Sci-Fi Horror movie that wasn't gross to watch.

But I guess one of my favorite is Avatar and all Star Wars & Star Trek movies.

Aliens
Shawshank
Green Mile

would be my top 3.

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Ooooo @Ashley_AMD made me think of another really good movie!! Burn After Reading

movieposter.jpg

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord

A lot of good movies and genres are being mentioned - love to see it! I think the only one mentioned that I haven't seen so far is  "Burn After Reading" so I'm definitely adding that to my watch list! 

---
Ashley

Oh, how could I forget one of my top 5

City of God,

Nagrenol_0-1652821247180.jpeg

If you have not seen this movie I cannot recommend it enough. I was given this on VHS to watch back when it first came out. Always put it on now and again, so good.

@Nagrenol Omg that is a GREAT movie! I haven't come across many people who are familiar with it. Very highly recommended. I was lucky enough to see it when it released at a theater that features independent and art films.

---
Ashley
Key-J
Paragon

Oh, I totally remembered another one which I really like.

p_holes_19755_8f3e1618

That was a great movie when I was growing up, and I would totally watch it again and again.

Also, time to take out a poll. Is this movie a Christmas or Halloween movie?

MV5BNWE4OTNiM2ItMjY4Ni00ZTViLWFiZmEtZGEyNGY2ZmNlMzIyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMDU5NDcxNw@@._V1_

It's a Christmas movie for me 😎

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
0 Likes

It's the ONLY Christmas OR Halloween movie!

0 Likes

Theres so many good movies out there... 

But I'm go with my comedian side and say Johnny English with Rowan Atkinson.

One thing I know, I got to see the new Top Gun. 

The Englishman
0 Likes

princessBride_originalmoviecover.png

This movie is a family favorite

Tombstone is one of the many I'd stop and watch no mater how many times I've seen it. But there are so many I view like that.

MSi B550 Gaming Plus, AMD 5950X XfX 6700XT Qick 319
32GB PNY XL8R 3200MHz 4x8Gb CL16, Samsung 980 Pro 2TB
vema
Journeyman III

My favourite movie is Athadu..it one of my best tollywood movie

0 Likes
Vynski
Exemplar

Nice topic @Key

My Favorites; (need more than one)

1. Citizen Cain
  2. The Good; The Bad; and The Ugly
  3. Star Wars

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
BigAl01
Volunteer Moderator

I finally picked up The Good, Bad and the Ugly on Blu Ray a few months ago.  I've watched it twice since then.

As Albert Einstein said, "I could have done so much more with a Big Al's Computer!".
0 Likes

I love your quote.  Have you ever wondered what that man might have accomplished if he would have had your computer?

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
ThreeDee
Paragon

I have lots of "Favorite's" ..but I gotta give a shout out to:

MV5BMTIwOTkwNDIxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTcyOTIzMQ@@._V1_.jpg

ThreeDee PC specs
0 Likes
mengelag
Volunteer Moderator

Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny!

Ryzen 7800X3D - RTX 4090 FE - ROG Strix B650E iGaming - 64gb 6000mhz G-Skill Neo - Noctua NH D15 - ROG Loki Platinum 1000w SFXL - 4TB Samsung Gen. 5 NVMe - Fractal Torrent Case - ROG PG48UQ OLED