cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

Amber_AMD
Community Manager

Coffee or Tea?

So I was making my coffee this morning and it got me thinking, is everyone here primarily coffee or tea drinkers? I myself am a coffee person and I am very extra about it... this was my coffee this morning. 

IMG_7025.jpg

If you're someone that doesn't love either, is there something else that gets you started in the morning or before hopping on some games?

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
68 Replies

I use mostly for milk but its useful for coffee too, to make a simple super super super creamy coffee, like this one.

My wife uses it for alternative drinks with coconut oil coffee.

johnnyenglish_0-1680362131360.pngjohnnyenglish_1-1680362202349.png

The Englishman
Dragokar
Miniboss

I really like both, but in different circumstances.

That's fair, I feel like they each have their time and place 🙂 

Best,
Your friend at AMD
PC specs | Twitter | Red Team Discord
Anonymous
Not applicable

I like tea.

I do not understand pleasure others have with coffee.

Coffee 😊

rdenmon
Challenger

Coffee gets my eyes open in the AM, without it......not good!

rdenmon_1-1680358600660.png

GreatnessRD
Miniboss

I have been converted into a believer! Someone showed me this Hill Bros White Chocolate Caramel Cappuccino mix. Has had me in a chokehold for like 2 weeks now. Does this make a coffee drinker now? I'm kinda disgusted to be honest, but its so good, lol.

hills-bros-instant-white-chocolate-caramel-decaden-B005Z6AK2C-600x600

Leonidas - Ryzen 7 5800X3D | MBA RX 6800 XT Midnight Black | Be Quiet 802 Silent Base (Main)
Maximus - Ryzen 7 3700x | Power Color Fighter RX 6700 XT | Fractal Ridge ITX Case (HTPC)
Key-J
Paragon

Guys,

If you want to get something that is GOD TIER instant cappuccino mix. You need this:

KeyJ_0-1680708799319.jpeg

I grew up drinking this instant cappuccino mix, and it was the most amazing instant coffee I ever had.

----------
**Canadian Gamer & Father - www.twitch.tv/AFKidsGaming** - Live Wed & Fri at 8:00pm PST - Come join!
potatoshaper
Adept I

Breakfast with coffee. Rest of the day tea with extras (mint/lemon etc).

petosiris
Miniboss

So many great tips in this thread about different types of coffee and tea!  I'll have to try some of them. 👍

I like both tea and coffee with sweeteners and whole milk, plus hot chocolate with whole milk.  Because I have Diabetes I must stay away from too much sugar so I use sweeteners.  Milk I need because the acid, especially in coffee, is too much for my stomach.  I have Gastro Reflux so the stomach acid will then leak up into my gullet when I sleep.  Which hurts a lot!  No wonder they call it "heartburn".

Anyway, I like to vary between tea, coffee and hot chocolate.  I also vary between brands and try out new ones often.  Since I live at the country side in a small country, I have to visit online shops to get a good selection of brands to choose from.  Each day I drink many mugs/large cups, probably too much but I love it and can't stop.  Actually, I don't think my body has any problems with neither coffee nor tea so I'm not worried. 🙂

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
JCTango
Adept II

I like a mocha in the morning.  If it's tea I'll be drinking, it'd either be green tea or a chai latte

I used to be more of a tea person, but now I'm definitely a lot more into coffee. I like Sumatra instant coffee with some milk usually, but the best coffee I've ever had was this Boss coffee in Japan and it was some Hawaiian flavour in a rainbow can, I think?

電腦 : 5800X3D • Sapphire Pulse 6800XT • 32GB 3600 • B550 Tomahawk • Superflower 850W Gold • Phanteks 400A Digital
chadplusminus
Adept II

coffee. How else am I supposed to wake up

camogeko
Adept II

Tea is so much better for you than coffee, and theres so many different kinds of teas. Its my preference.

I do love a cup of coffee for a caffeine hit though.

-----
B550 Unify - 5800X3D - 7900XTX - 32GB RAM
-----
Ilyesagg
Adept I

I drink tea mostly 

RYZEN 5 5600 & RX 6600
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Im on vacations so coffee and tea are paused. 

Its mojito time! 

The Englishman
thedoctor1ko
Adept I

Usually I'd have a coffee (using my espresso machine or instant when I'm lazy) and on rare occasions I'll have a tea when I have the urge. Been having a fair amount of ice cold coffees lately since it's so hot at the moment

TR2
Adept III

Coffee with just a little sweetener. If it can't stand on its own it is not very good. Yes I am bashing Starbucks  over-roasted beans. I worked nights for over 30 years and good coffee makes a difference. I am showing my southern roots here- it is like ribs(pork), if they can not stand on their own no amount of BBQ sauce is gonna make them better. Coffee is the same.

Prince117
Adept II

I drink tea. I don't really like coffee unless it's iced coffee. Also I love hot chocolate :chocolate_bar: 

Prince Ragland

I'll be a weird one out: neither 😄

In the morning, I drink stuff like Chicory, Dog Rose and Carob (all powdered, usually). They mix nicely with caramel-flavoured milk and it almost substitutes the need for sugar. Used to drink simple sweet milky coffee all the time, but for several years now I've abandoned it because of how it stirs my guts. Chicory is the closest to coffee, but with a more "woody/earthy" taste, Dog Rose is almost like a flavoured tea, and Carob is actually closer to hot chocolate with a more "woody/earthy" taste again. These are nice unconventional healthy choices that I've come across during experimentation and some getting used to.

ChicoryChicoryDog RoseDog RoseCarobCarob

Have to say, though, I do drink tea regularly because I always prepare a 1L hot flask to have a quick dinner break with snacks at my workplace. I adore herbal and herb-flavoured stuff, so my current choices almost always include thyme and anise.

W10Pro (22H2)|Kingston A400 240G|ASRock B550 Phantom Gaming 4 (L2.71)|Ryzen 5 5600|ID-Cooling SE-225-XT Black V2|nVidia RTX 3070 FE 8Gb|XPG GAMMIX D10 [2x8GB] DDR4 3200MHz (XMP)|DeepCool PK700D

I've never heard of Chicory, Dog Rose or Carob, and never seen eithre of them in any stores here either, but they look good.  Want to try them but don't know where I can get some.

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image

Carob is used as a substitute chocolate:

Does carob really taste like chocolate?

Carob does taste similar to chocolate, though it does have its own unique taste. The flavor is sweet and mild, and somewhat lighter in profile. One of the standout characteristics is that carob is actually naturally sweet whereas cocoa itself is bitter and needs to be sweetened in order for most to enjoy it.Sep 30, 2022

Chicory is a plant that can also be used as a substitute to coffee or added to coffee as a flavoring:

What are the pros and cons of chicory?

The powdered, roasted root is a healthy, caffeine-free coffee alternative with caramel-like flavor; it can also be used as a low-calorie sweetener. Chicory is extremely safe and well-tolerated in moderation, even in children and pregnant women. But in excess, it may cause bloating and flatulence.

This is first time I hear of Dog Rose also. Seems like it is a healthy medicinal type plant used to make Dog Rose Tea:

What is dog rose tea good for?
It is full of vitamins and minerals. The dog rose is rich with biologically active substances, C, A, K, P vitamins, pectin, micronutrients, and thanks to this feature the dog rose is able to defeat various diseases including t

euphoriabuzz
Adept I

That looks delicious. I'm a coffee lover and only have about 2 cups of tea a year, just randomly ! Found over the years my coffee is getting stronger and stronger too.

vicgarcia
Journeyman III

I prefer coffee, it gives me the energy boost I need in the morning.

AMD_cire
Challenger

black coffee, but sadly I have gerd....

😓

MSI B550 Pro-VDH - MSI 6600XT - Ryzen 5600G
blazer
Adept III

I can't live without my Tim Hortons brew in the morning. 😋

iafbt
Adept I

both!

coffee: the weirder the better! my local roaster is doing an amazing job of bringing in all sorts of interesting origins and wacky experimental processing for wild flavours!

tea: my dad is a traditional Chinese tea nut and our collection is quite frankly out of hand. I personally love interesting light high mountain grown oolong, and my dad loves dark pu-erh.

3950x, 6800xt. sempron fi
Axxemann
Forerunner

Neither. I don't drink hot drinks unless it's REALLY cold, and then it's a hot chocolate, usually spiked with Amaretto or Bailey's once I'm settled in by the wood stove at the hunting cabin.

Being a night shift guy, my day starts after most people have had lunch, and work starts when everyone else is gone home. For that, I rely on either Coke Zero or Dr. Pepper Zero. Cutting the sugar out has helped me drop over 100lbs in the last couple years. If I'm not in the mood for either of those, I'll go for an Arnold Palmer. Half lemonade, half iced tea, and always looking for the lowest sugar option at that.

Performance over Pretty.
PythonCoderPro
Challenger

I drink both but prefer coffee over tea. That's a pretty amazing coffee drink you got there!👍  

Asus ZenBook UX407IQ, Ryzen 5 4500u with Radeon graphics, Nvidia mx350, 8gb LPDDR4X ram, Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500gb SSD, Win11 home