cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Off Topic Discussions

petosiris
Miniboss

AMD News!

I thought I'd start a new forum thread for talking about exciting AMD news.  It doesn't seem to fit in any of the other forum categories so I'll post it here in Off-Topic. You're welcome to post your own news about AMD, comment and discuss!

I'll start with an exciting article for us who also use Linux:

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D shines in Linux Ubuntu 23.04 OS
against Windows 11 Pro in 80 benchmarks

AMD-Ryzen-7-7800X3D-3D-V-cache-Desktop-CPU

"The Linux operating system outperformed Windows in 72% of the eighty benchmarks tested."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bjo4

Source: Wccftech, Phoronix

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
66 Replies
petosiris
Miniboss

Uh-oh, this is not good ... for ASUS

Image Credits: u/SpeedrookieImage Credits: u/Speedrookie

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D CPU Burns Up, Kills Itself & The ASUS X670 Motherboard

"Large Number of Reports Indicate ASUS's AM5 Boards Might Be The Culprit"

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bkn2

Source: Wccftech

Best,
Petosiris           About me | PC specs | Favorite game | How to display your PC specs in an image
petosiris
Miniboss

MSI Adds CPU Voltage Restrictions In BIOS For AMD Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs

"Recently, there have been several reports of ASUS's motherboard burning up and killing the AMD Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs due to older BIOS which didn't add the required voltage restrictions."

"It looks like some older AM5 motherboard BIOS didn't implement these restrictions well enough and the ASUS motherboard became the prime example of chips burning out and being damaged permanently."

"ASUS has also deleted links to all older BIOS releases for its AM5 lineup following the reports of the AMD Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs burning up. Only the latest BIOS is now available on their motherboards [...]"

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bkvo

Related story:  ASUS Latest AM5 BIOS Includes Dedicated Thermal Monitoring Mechanism To avoid AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU Dam...

Best,
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Debauer think it may be related to vSoC voltages and not vCore. Although... He manually set vSoC to 1.5v (EDITED) and nothing happen. 

His final advice is: check vSoC voltages and lower them. 

The Englishman

Yeah, it seems a new BIOS is rolling out now that limits the SoC voltage to max. 1.3V.

Overclocking is an extreme sport and it's always a risk of damaging the hardware.

Best,

I, again... feel a bit ambiguous about this, he states that the PCB bulge would require some really high temperatures.

About that..... I'm not worried, cinebench and heavy editing won't take the CPU above 79ºC, but I'm running a custom power config so I won't exceed the too much power draw. I understand that I'm leaving performance on the table, but I have to accept it. I need better cooling and a PSU.

On the other side, I'm having  1.35v-1.45v easily on vSOC. 😥

As soon as I get home I'm gonna lower that vSOC voltage fast!

The Englishman

@johnnyenglish wrote:

On the other side, I'm having  1.35v-1.45v easily on vSOC. 😥

As soon as I get home I'm gonna lower that vSOC voltage fast!

Yeah, I would do that too if I were you.  😅 
It was interesting to see that EXPO raised the voltage to 1.34V while the new BIOS will limit it to 1.3V ...

Best,

It was on AM4 a fairly common procedure to increase even further the vSOC for added stability, but it never reached above 1.3/1.4

I'm still learning as I go with DDR5.

The Englishman
0 Likes

@johnnyenglish wrote:

It was on AM4 a fairly common procedure to increase even further the vSOC for added stability [...]

Really?  Why was that?
I have an AM4 setup but never heard of increasing vSOC for added stability.

Best,
0 Likes

My corsair kit even though it was on QVL, never had stability and would get crashes very frenquently in a single day, almost went nuts as it would only crash on DX11 games. 

After trying other kits, found out the problem and started tweaking things. 

After a while reached a stable system and done. 

Had to loose a bit on the tRAS, lower 1.35 to 1.3 on VDD and a bit more on vSOC. Ran like a charm after that. 

The Englishman

I see.  Well, I hope I don't get into trouble with my G.Skill RAM but you never know so I'll be looking out for any instablity and remember this.  👍

Best,
johnnyenglish
Grandmaster

Now the NEWS VIDEO TOPIC

The Englishman
petosiris
Miniboss

780M is the fastest iGPU on the market

AMD-Phoenix-gigapixel-standard-scale-4_00x-Custom-1-768x440

"[...] the chip can technically support much faster memory with up to LPDDR5 at 7500 Mbps [...]"

"[...] AMD's Radeon 780M iGPU can match and even exceed the performance of the desktop GeForce GTX 1060 6 GB graphics card [...]"

"[...] the 780M totally outclasses every iGPU to date [...]"

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bl6g

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD and its board partners issue first official statements on Ryzen 7000 burnout issues

AMD-Ryzen-7-7800X3D-CPU-ASUS-X670-Motherboard-Dead-768x553

"We are aware of a limited number of reports online claiming that excess voltage while overclocking may have damaged the motherboard socket and pin pads. We are actively investigating the situation and are working with our ODM partners to ensure voltages applied to Ryzen 7000X3D CPUs via motherboard BIOS settings are within product specifications. Anyone whose CPU may have been impacted by this issue should contact AMD customer support.

AMD via Anandtech"

Read More: https://wccf.tech/1bljq

Best,
0 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kiTngvvD5dI

GN has looked into the issue. Here is a video of them replicating the issue and their findings.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD releases a statement and new firmware for board partners, to prevent Ryzen 7000 CPU burnouts. 

AMD-RYZEN-RAPHAEL-ZEN4-HERO-BANNER-1536x514

"The just-released AGESA  (firmware) for AMD 600 series motherboards will limit the SoC Voltage to 1.3V."

"AMD confirms that the new AGESA will not impact Ryzen 7000 memory overclocking capability, which in this case means using AMD EXPO or Intel XMP memory profiles."

"We have root caused the issue and have already distributed a new AGESA that puts measures in place on certain power rails on AM5 motherboards to prevent the CPU from operating beyond its specification limits, including a cap on SOC voltage at 1.3V. None of these changes affect the ability of our Ryzen 7000 Series processors to overclock memory using EXPO or XMP kits or boost performance using PBO technology.

We expect all of our ODM partners to release new BIOS for their AM5 boards over the next few days. We recommend all users to check their motherboard manufacturers website and update their BIOS to ensure their system has the most up to date software for their processor.

Anyone whose CPU may have been impacted by this issue should contact AMD customer support. Our customer service team is aware of the situation and prioritizing these cases.

— AMD"

Read more: https://bit.ly/3oOUHIU

Source: Videocardz

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

ASUS issues AGESA 1.0.0.7 BETA BIOS for AM5 motherboards,
new firmware with AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU thermal limits & more

ASUS-AM5-BIOS-AMD-Ryzen-7000-CPUs

"ASUS has issued the new AGESA 1.0.0.7 BIOS for download, & users should be aware that this new BIOS update is in beta form and will most likely see an additional update in the future. AMD has yet to file an official update, which is why ASUS and several other manufacturers are acting individually until a permanent fix from the company is issued. Other manufacturers have rolled out protection within AGESA 1.0.0.6 BIOS firmware and are waiting for the official 1.0.0.7 release rather than going the BETA route."

ASUS X670 Series NEW Beta BIOS (AGESA 1007 BETA)

1. Update AGESA to ComboAM5 1007 BETA
  2. Improve System Performance

Compatibility list and direct downloads for the ASUS X670 Series NEW Beta BIOS (AGESA 1007 BETA)

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bmku

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

Thanks, @cpurpe91.  I saw Gamer's Nexus being mentioned about this in an article but I didn't have the time to watch his video then (tax return time here).  Scary stuff in that video.  The CPU exploded!  😲

Best,
0 Likes

They found numerous problems with the AM5 platform as a whole. I'm a bit disappointed. I guess I am skipping AM5 if I can help it and games don't get too CPU and RAM intensive. Basically OCP is not working properly on the board they tested.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes

I will skip this generation of AM5, since I've recently built (almost finished) a new AM4 PC, and wait for the next generation to see what that brings.  The rumors so far are promising.  😊  The problems AMD and board manufacturers now have will be solved, I'm sure.  Some of the problems are already fixed.

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Phoenix Ryzen 7040 APUs benchmarked,
higher performance than Intel at the same power

AMD-Ryzen-7040-Phoenix-APU-gigapixel-standard-scale-4_00x-Custom-1.png

"it shows complete efficiency and gaming leadership"

"the AMD Radeon 780M RDNA 3 chip integrated into the Ryzen 7040 Phoenix APUs is anywhere from 70% to 2x faster than Intel's integrated solution with 96 EUs"

"Now coming to the most important part which is power, the AMD Ryzen 7040 Phoenix APUs absolutely crush the competition here. The Ryzen 7 7840HS and Ryzen 7 7735HS sit ahead of the competition while consuming much lower wattage in multi-threaded workloads. Even the RDNA iGPU is faster than the RTX 3050 6 GB when both are running at the same TDP of 45W which is impressive. In all power metrics, the AMD Phoenix APUs had the absolute lead over Intel's parts."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bn35

Related news: Ryzen 7040 Phoenix APU launch delayed

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD says Moore's Law is not dead, working on 3nm now,
looking beyond 2nm and will continue using chiplets

AMD-3D-V-Cache-Stack-Chiplet-Design-For-Next-Gen-Ryzen-Desktop-CPUs-Lisa-Su-CEO.jpg

"In an interview with Barron's, AMD CEO, Dr. Lisa Su, points out that Moore's Law is not dead but has slowed down and things need to be done differently to overcome the performance, efficiency, and cost challenges. AMD has been the pioneer of advancing 3D packaging and chiplet technology with its first HBM designs back in 2015, chiplet processors in 2017, and also the first 3D packaging on a chip with its 3D V-Cache design in 2022."

"Currently, AMD has products utilizing the 5nm and 4nm process nodes with a few 6nm and 7nm products in between. Starting next year, the company is expected to introduce its first 3nm chips which are likely going to be targeted at the server segment first before the company intros it to the client side."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1boa6

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD AGESA firmware to be replaced by openSIL for future CPUs across client and server platforms

AMD openSIL.png

"AMD is working to replace its existing AGESA Firmware with a more open-source implementation known as openSIL which will support both client & server chips."

"The AMD openSIL project is an open-source firmware solution that like the existing AGESA BIOS firmware allows the platform to work with different CPU architectures, memory subsystems, the DRAM, and a host of other utilities. Each AGESA firmware adds or removes certain things, but it's mostly used to expand upon the processors and platform capabilities."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bodc

Source: Wccftech, Phoronix

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD shows how FSR 2 and raytracing are the perfect match for its Radeon RX 7999 RDNA 3 GPUs

AMD-Radeon-RX-7000-GPUs-_4-gigapixel-standard-scale-4_00x-Custom-768x515

AMD-FSR-2-Radeon-RX-7900-XTX-Maximum-4K-RT-performance-chart

AMD-FSR-2-Radeon-RX-7900-XT-Maximum-4K-RT-performance-chart

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bonc

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

ASUS Rolls out AMD AGESA (firmware) 1.0.0.7a BIOS for AM5 motherboards
as patch B is already in the works

ASUS-AM5-BIOS-AMD-Ryzen-7000-CPUs

"ASUS rolled outs its first AMD AGESA 1.0.0.7 BETA BIOS firmware at the end of April. This rollout was to ensure that the SoC voltage was limited to 1.3V to avoid any burnout issues with the AMD Ryzen 7000 CPU lineup. However, information we received pointed out that all initial AGESA BIOS firmware based on 1.0.0.7 will be riddled with bugs and it won't be until sometime before they get resolved."

"It looks like ASUS has now rolled out its second AGESA BIOS firmware which is labeled 1.0.0.7a. This is the Patch A BIOS which according to ASUS updates the AGESA to ComboAM5 PI1007a & improves system performance. But based on what we have learned, this BIOS once again has the same DDR5 limitations associated with the previous AGESA and doesn't include the new thermal limits."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bp6h

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD's diverse EPYC CPU portfolio to drive server
market share close to 40% by end of 2025

AMD-EPYC-CPU-2-768x432

"During its recent earnings, AMD's Data Center segment remained flat, earning a net revenue of $1.295 Billion US dollars compared to $1.293 Billion US dollars last year. This was considered a huge win compared to Intel which saw its Data Center revenue decline from 39%. Despite a slow market, AMD highlighted strong double-digit growth in cloud sales, the introduction of 28 brand new AMD-powered instances, and overall good traction of its EPYC lineup."

"AMD also recently launched its 4th Gen EPYC CPU family, codenamed Genoa, and is ramping up its next families, codenamed Genoa-XBergamo, and Siena for launch. This is the broadest EPYC CPU lineup that AMD has ever launched with products aimed at a diverse range of customers."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1boad

Related news:

AMD’s Q1 2023 revenue beats expectations but guidance falls short
Intel Announces Layoffs After Paying $1.5 Billion In Q1 Dividends 
Intel Suspends Merit Bonuses, Cuts CEO’s $1.1 Million Paycheck By 25% 

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMDs graphic cards sell more than the competitors in Germany

AMD-Radeon-RX-7000-GPUs-_6-gigapixel-standard-scale-4_00x-Custom-768x525

"This is a repeated trend for AMD's Radeon GPUs, with ten consistent weeks showing the company's rise in the share of sales for the 19th week of 2023."

"[...] AMD Radepm (sic!) grasped sales from NVIDIA as early as ten months ago, albeit a minor lead that has only grown since."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bqqj

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

Do you want a kitchen computer for recipes, a separate machine for websurfing in the living room, or maybe grandma want something easy to use for writing letters, check email and videochat with grandchildren?  Then perhaps a new Chromebook with AMD processor and graphics is what you need.

AMD launches Mendocino for Chromebooks
Introduces Zen 2 based low-power APUs with 610M iGPUs

AMD-RYZEN-7020C-CHROMEBOOK-MENDOCINO-8

"AMD is claiming that their 7020C series will offer up to 19.5 hours of battery life (up to 28% longer than competition), one of the key features of this new processor."

"The key advantages of choosing AMD APU for Chromebook is support for up to 4K 60Hz displays thanks to Radeon 610M RDNA2 iGPU, higher memory speed (LPDDR5), support for WiFi-6 and Bluetooth 5.2 and increased security features."

Read more: Videocardz

Best,
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Radeon RX 7600 reference design has bad power connector,
fixed variant launching soon

Image Credits: TechPowerUP

"TechPowerUP claims that the reference model of the AMD Radeon RX 7600 graphics card may make it difficult for the power connector to fit into the slot. This is brought on by the backplate cover extending too far, which might prevent some of these power wires from passing through a little bump."

"Remember that the problem only occurs with the 6+2-pin power connectors often included with the power supply; other cables are unaffected. Since the original 8-pin power cables don't have the bumps where the two pins are joined, they should be safe from this problem."

Image Credits: TechPowerUP

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1btad

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Adrenalin 23.5.2 drivre now available
Diablo IV support and 2x boost in Stable Diffusion 1.5

AMD-Radeon-Drivers

"Various fixes for issues with the latest RX 7000 series GPUs have also been addressed in this new update."

"While the driver update has resulted in a performance boost, some issues identified by AMD are yet to be resolved. You can look at the identified problems below:

• High idle power has situationally been observed when using select high-resolution and high refresh rate displays on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Certain virtual reality games or applications may encounter suboptimal performance or occasional stuttering on Radeon RX 7000 series GPUs.
  • Application crashes may be intermittently observed while playing RuneScape on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 5700 XT.
  • Application crash or driver timeout may be observed during playback of AV1 video content using DaVinci Resolve Studio.
  • Intermittent corruption may be observed after switching windows while playing Nioh 2 on some AMD Graphics Products, such as the Radeon RX 6800 XT."

Update driver from: https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/release-notes/rn-rad-win-23-5-2

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1bvet

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

Confirmed: AMD Ryzen 8000 desktop CPUs launching in 2024
Zen 5 cores and RDNA 3.5 GPU on AM5 socket

2022-06-10_2-29-59

"During its latest Meet The Experts webinar, AMD confirmed that its Ryzen 8000 Desktop CPUs will be launching in 2024. This is the first time that AMD has confirmed the CPU and GPU architecture together for its Ryzen 8000 Desktop CPUs which are expected to be codenamed Granite Rapids & will retain compatibility with the AM5 platform."

AMD-Ryzen-8000-AM5-Desktop-CPU-Platform

"AMD is also talking about the longevity of its AM5 platform and says that it will scale into 2026. This means that we are looking at at least four AM5 processor families for the new socket including the existing Zen 4-based Ryzen 7000 CPUs."

Read more: https://wccf.tech/1c08l

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD HYPR-RX is expected to launch in June

AMD-HYPRRX-HERO-BANNER-1536x585

"In case one forgot about HYPR-RX, this technology is AMD’s response to NVIDIA Reflex, but it goes a bit further. The main idea is to lower the latency and input lag for gaming, but unlike Reflex, the HYPR-RX will also increase the performance by enabling RSR (Radeon Super Resolution). The idea is to offer an easy to use one-click solution that would work across many games on a driver level."

Will FidelityFX Super Resolution (FSR) 3.0 be implemented in HYPR-RX? Time will show.

Read more: https://videocardz.com/newz/amd-now-has-less-than-a-month-to-launch-hypr-rx

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD has officially launched EPYC Genoa-X CPUs
Up to 2.9 times gain over Xeon

AMD-EPYC-9004-Genoa-X-3D-V-Cache-CPUs-g-low_res-scale-2_00x-1.png

"AMD has officially launched its 2nd generation EPYC 3D V-Cache CPUs codenamed Genoa-X which boast up to 1.1 GB of stacked cache."

"[...] two brand new products, the Genoa-X and Bergamo chips."

• Same Zen 4 High-Performance Cores
  • Up To 96 Cores / 192 Threads
  • Up To 1.1 GB of L3 Cache
  • 2nd Gen Stacked 3D V-Cache Design
  • SP5 Socket Compatibility
  • AMD Infinity Guard
  • Up To 2.9x Faster Than Sapphire Rapids
  • Three EPYC 9004X SKUs
  • OEM Availability Next Quarter

More: https://wccf.tech/1c2ir

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD discloses Zen 4C architecture details:
same design as Zen 4, 35% smaller, 2x density & cores

AMD-EPYC-CPU-2-768x432

"AMD has further shared details of its Zen 4C core which will feature double the density in a smaller footprint on the EPYC Bergamo CPUs."

"[...] only the L3 cache per core has been reduced from 4 MB per core to 2 MB per core. The rest of the [architecture] specs are entirely the same and that's a huge deal considering Zen 4C isn't a full-on different architecture from Intel's E-Core and P-Core variations."

More: https://wccf.tech/1c2rf

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD launches Ryzen PRO 7000 65W desktop series,
Ryzen 9 PRO 7945 features 12 Zen 4 cores

AMD-RYZEN-7000-PRO-HERO-BANNER-1536x581

"The Ryzen PRO CPUs are now clocked up to 5.4 GHz, so over 700 MHz higher than the Zen3 based series."

"Worth adding that all four desktop models feature the same 65W TDP, just like their predecessors. Interestingly, there are no changes to the core count as well, with the flagship Ryzen 9 PRO 7945 featuring 12 cores, Ryzen 7 PRO 7745 with 8 cores and Ryzen 5 PRO 7645 at 6 cores."

AMD-RYZEN-PRO-2

More: https://bit.ly/3PfWdz1

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

Usually, I never post leaks or rumors here but this is leaked by AMD themselves:

Unreleased AMD Ryzen 9 5950X3D and 5900X3D with 192MB cache spotted

AMD-Ryzen-7000-X3D-3D-V-Cache-CPUs-768x512

"During a visit to AMD's Austin, Texas, campus, the folks over at GamersNexus were shown several prototypes and unreleased samples of AMD's 3D V-Cache CPUs that didn't make it to launch. These include several Ryzen 7000 "Zen 4" designs and two Ryzen 5000 "Zen 3" designs. The Zen 3 CPUs in this list include the Ryzen 9 5950X3D and the Ryzen 9 5900X3D, featuring 16 cores and 12 cores in total, respectively."

Image credit: GamersNexusImage credit: GamersNexus

"What's unique about these two AMD 3D V-Cache CPUs is that all of these unreleased chips feature a 3D V-Cache stack on both of their CCDs. This allows the CPUs to carry up to 192 MB of L3 cache. Each stack offers 64 MB of L3 cache for a total of 128 MB and the rest of the 64 MB cache comes in the form of 32 MB standard L3 configured within each CCD that's shared across all cores."

Image credit: GamersNexusImage credit: GamersNexus

NOTE: This does not mean these two CPUs will ever be released!  But we can hope. 🙂

More: https://wccf.tech/1c3du

Sources: Wccftech, GamersNexus

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD has yet to offer official driver support for Phoenix APUs featuring RDNA 3 iGPU

AMD-Phoenix-Radeon-780M-RDNA-3-iGPU

"The AMD Phoenix APU lineup known as the Ryzen 7040 laptop processors was introduced this year at CES."

"Now, we are almost a month in since the availability of the first Ryzen 7040 APU-powered laptops but AMD has yet to offer official driver support for the new RDNA 3 iGPU [...]"

"[...] the AMD Phoenix APUs do deliver some great integrated graphics performance on all platforms including handheld consoles which has been demonstrated by the likes of ASUS's ROG Ally console. A proper and optimized driver will only carry this performance further up."

More: https://wccf.tech/1c4tj

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Ryzen 7000 CPUs to be bundled with a free copy of Starfield

Starfield-AMD-Ryzen-7000-Desktop-CPU-Game-Bundle

"Currently, AMD bundles its Ryzen 7000 Desktop CPUs with Star Wars Jedi: Survivor and the Radeon RX 7000 GPUs with Resident Evil IV Remake. Now a new game bundle has been discovered over at Newegg by Videocardz which reveals that this year's biggest RPG will be bundled with Ryzen 7000 X and X3D CPUs."

AMD-Ryzen-7000-Desktop-CPU-Starfield-Game-Bundle

"Starfield launches on September, 6th, 2023, on the Xbox Series S/X, PC, and Game Pass. We can expect more information on PC-specific technologies adopted by the game close to its launch. Do note that the bundle hasn't been officially announced yet but it is likely we get to see it on various stores in the coming week."

More: https://wccf.tech/1c66a

Best,
0 Likes
petosiris
Miniboss

AMD Ryzen 7 5700 8-core and Ryzen 3 5100 4-core for the AM4 platform confirmed

AMD Ryzen 7 5700.jpg

"Starting with the AMD Ryzen 7 5700, we are looking at an 8-core and 16-thread chip featuring the Zen 3-core architecture on a 7nm process node. The chip features a base clock of 3.7 GHz & boost clocks of up to 4.6 GHz. There's 4 MB of L2 and 16 MB of L3 cache and the chip is packaged in a 65 Watt TDP without any iGPU. The Ryzen 5700G/GE comes with Vega iGPU but the Non-G CPU lacks such graphics support."

"AMD seems to be targetting its AM4 audience with more budget options with the Ryzen 5 5600X3D CPU hitting retail shelves this month and the emergence of these two Cezanne chips once again. A Non-iGPU Ryzen 7000 CPU has also shown up which opens up the possibility of future budget CPU SKUs for the AM5 platform."

More: https://wccf.tech/1c6ma

Best,
0 Likes