cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Drivers & Software

The_Cat
Adept I

Imbedded RX 5700 Vulkan graphics

I recently downloaded DOOM and I find that it REQUIRES Vulkan API which I am not finding because I do not know if the embedded graphics is capable of the Vulkan API. I have absolutely no way of telling what driver set is for my video card, or if it is an onboard vid only as I did not build my system. 
I do have a graphics card but I can only do "normal" things with it. 
I tried to download the Driver Search option but it was installed with error codes that I found were for old and embedded graphics. I have been unable to find the Vulkan API to fit my system.

Please assist. Thank you

0 Likes
1 Solution

I knew that I could do a little better, but the purchase from Newegg was not available at the time and I didn't even get what I wanted anyway. What I wanted was n 8 core. the one that came from NewEgg was suppose to be reconditioned and in working order. It came in a full plastic sealed box with several pins missing and the chip actually looked like it was scorched. I needed a system that wouldn't break down every other day, so I settled for the 6 core. At that time I was unaware of Vulkan API and would have insisted on it. 

Now I cant even write the graphics mods for programs as most are going to the Vulkan API and soon even Minecraft will follow suit and I will be out of business completely. This is a big step up from my Intel quad-core with 8 gigs of memory, so I shouldn't complain. I wonder what the price of an 8 core Reysen processor is? Never mind... it is too rich for my blood.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
13 Replies

By embedded RX5700 are you talking about a Laptop mobile RX5700m or a motherboard with an Embedded AMD Processor with a RX 5700 GPU Card?

Vulkan API is enabled via AMD Driver. The RX5700 definitely supports Vulkan API.

GPU-Z will show if the AMD Driver is installed correctly and Vulkan API is enabled for the GPU card.

Can you post your Computer information including Make & Model of your Motherboard, CPU, GPU & Windows version you have installed.

Plus which AMD driver you were trying to install.

Also what are the exact AMD installation errors are you getting when trying to install the AMD driver package?

If you have a Laptop with a AMD processor you must install the AMD APU driver. Also if you should have a Motherboard with a Embedded APU you must install the APU Driver.

But cases the APU Driver will install the driver for the RX5700 GPU card unless the APU driver is not compatible with the RX5700.

0 Likes

I have just been informed by my retailer that the graphics card in my system is a Radeon HD 5770. Can you say egg on my face? I'm trying to download a program for a card that I do not even have. He neglected to tell me that it was an older card, so I am SOL. Thanks for your assistance anyway.

0 Likes

The HD5770 is not only old it is antique.

There are only 2 last legacy drivers for that GPU card - 2015 & 2016 and that is it.

Anyways if interested here is where you can download those 2 last legacy drivers: https://www.amd.com/en/support/graphics/amd-radeon-hd/ati-radeon-hd-5000-series/ati-radeon-hd-5770

Unfortunately the 2016 AMD Driver doesn't support Vulkan at that time: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/vulkan

Screenshot 2021-09-21 175910.png

0 Likes

Looking into getting an R7. Any suggeastions?

0 Likes

Try getting a AMD GPU that is still supported like any RX series GPUs (RX400/500/600/5000/6000 series).

All R7 GPU cards are not supported any more with AMD Driver updates.

But if the R7 is what you can afford it is fine for awhile until you have a program or App that requires the latest Graphics driver to be installed.

Maybe some other User here can recommend a R7 GPU card for you.

Good luck and take care.

0 Likes

My new system was paid for out of the last Stimulus check and used just about all of it. I never saw the system before I bought it home. The fancy lights and fans were enough to excite me until I actually needed the graphics, then I found out that my graphics card was probably bought off NewEgg or eBay for practically nothing when he knew **bleep** well that I write subs for game programs when the mods cant get them just right. I got screwed and the isn't much I can say now about it.

From what I can gather, The Vulkan API will work with the R7 cards. I need to find something that is in my price range now and the $11000 to $1500 just is not in my price range. It seems that I have a Cadillac mainframe with model T graphics. If you know of anyone that would want to donate a Vulkan capable card, please let me know.

Many Users  can't afford to purchase a GPU Card so they elect to use a APU with Integrated Graphics which is less expensive option.

Another option is to install a Ryzen APU processor which has integrated graphics if your Motherboard supports Ryzen processors.

That way you won't need a separate GPU card. You can use your Motherboard's video Outputs to run your monitors.

See if you can find a inexpensive 3000/4000/5000 series Ryzen processor that is supported by your Motherboard.

The only con is that Integrated Graphics generally are not as powerful as a separate GPU Card due to the amount of vRAM Memory it uses but the latest are equivalent to a budget or moderate GPU card.

The reason why I mentioned to get at least a 3000 series Ryzen APU is because they are compatible with Windows 11.

0 Likes

I have a 5 core Ryzen processor operating at 3.4 gig as shown by:

Device name DESKTOP-V8KRL6P
Processor AMD Ryzen 5 2600 Six-Core Processor 3.40 GHz
Installed RAM 16.0 GB
Device ID 414C5553-0927-4657-BDC9-5B66CDF7CC7D
Product ID 00326-10000-00000-AA394
System type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor
Pen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this display

So why did my installer choose to put an inferior card into my machine? Will this processor alone handle the Vulkan API? I am completely in the dark because I do not know what the embedded graphics is for my processor. I don't think so and I have blown all the money for a mother anything for this computer. I think that the only way to get another video card or a new processor would be to have one give to me. 

This installer handicapped my ability to make money from the work that I do in the mods and other subsequent programs, and there is nothing I can do about it. Thanks anyway all of you. I thought I would be able to continue work but there is no way because I am broke with a broken machine. Thanks again.

0 Likes

No your processor is a regular Ryzen processor without Integrated Graphics so you are required to install a separate GPU Card to get video output.

Sorry about your situation.

For $1600 dollar you could have gotten a better setup with good graphics installed.

Who was the Retailer?

As an EXAMPLE ONLY: Here is an example of a $1500 PC being sold at Newegg: https://www.newegg.com/skytech-st-arch3-0-0180-archangel-3-0-gaming-computer-pc-desktop/p/3D5-000Z-0...

Screenshot 2021-09-29 123756.png

0 Likes

I knew that I could do a little better, but the purchase from Newegg was not available at the time and I didn't even get what I wanted anyway. What I wanted was n 8 core. the one that came from NewEgg was suppose to be reconditioned and in working order. It came in a full plastic sealed box with several pins missing and the chip actually looked like it was scorched. I needed a system that wouldn't break down every other day, so I settled for the 6 core. At that time I was unaware of Vulkan API and would have insisted on it. 

Now I cant even write the graphics mods for programs as most are going to the Vulkan API and soon even Minecraft will follow suit and I will be out of business completely. This is a big step up from my Intel quad-core with 8 gigs of memory, so I shouldn't complain. I wonder what the price of an 8 core Reysen processor is? Never mind... it is too rich for my blood.

0 Likes

At Newegg a Ryzen 5 5600G APU with 6 cores costs $260.00. But you need to see if your motherboard supports this processor or not: https://www.newegg.com/amd-ryzen-5-5600g-ryzen-5-5000-g-series/p/N82E16819113683?item=N82E1681911368...

At Amazon.com : https://www.amazon.com/AMD-Ryzen-5600G-12-Thread-Processor/dp/B092L9GF5N/ref=asc_df_B092L9GF5N/?tag=...

This processor has Integrated Graphics so you wouldn't need to have a Separate GPU card installed.

0 Likes

I am trying to make sense of this . My computer tech claims that he never installed a video card in my computer, so I am wondering where it came from? I know... The Video card Fairy!! I will just have to do till I can afford to buy a video card that works to My specs.

0 Likes

If you have your monitor connected to the motherboard's video output then you have a APU installed with Integrated Graphics but if your Monitor is connected to one of the PCIe Slots then you have a GPU card installed.

Just open the Computer case side panel and see if you have a GPU card installed on PCIe slot number 1.

Can you post your CPU and  Motherboard Make & Model?

If you are not sure download SPECCY which will give most of the Make & Model of the hardware inside your PC and software or use CPU-Z which also give some hardware IDs.

EDIT: You mentioned you had a Ryzen 5 2600 processor which means you have to have a GPU card installed. So your computer tech probably meant that he never replaced your HD5770 GPU card.

0 Likes