Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

budman571
Adept I

HDMI cable for AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 Graphics Card

Just bought 
AMD Radeon Pro WX 2100 Graphics from DELL.com card comes with 3 ports two have adapters DP/N 00FKKK. All 3 ports do not fit my HDMI cable? WHERE CAN I FIND A CABLE THAT WILL FIT PORTS AND MY ACER LCD Monitor?

0 Likes
1 Solution

eistaci, Thank you very much for helping an old timer to understand new terms & technology. I did purchase active adapter from Dell during this weekend I will be installing and testing HDMI monitor on Dell Optiplex Desktop.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

From AMD that GPU card has one full size Display port and 2 Mini-Display ports.

You need to purchase a "Active" DP>HDMI or Mini-Display Port> HDMI Adapter to connect your HDMI Monitor to the DP Port on your GPU card.

The adapter you have is to convert a Mini-Display Port to a full size Display Port. It isn't a Display Port to HDMI adapter.

0 Likes

Thank you for the input. I will research on where I can purchase Active DP>HDMI cable. I a little new at this so what is a full size Display Port, is that the same as a VGA port?

0 Likes

There are two types of Display Port sizes. Regular size and  Mini size.

They both are the same and function the same except it uses different cables.

VGA, DP, HDMI & DVI are all different video signal outputs from a GPU card. They all have a specific shape and size for a VGA, DP, HDMI or DVI port.

HDMI cable physically will not fit in a DisplayPort port, wrong shape and size.

Plus you need an "Active" Adapter that will convert a Display-port signal into a HDMI Signal BEFORE it reaches the HDMI Monitor.

You can purchase one on Amazon or Newegg or some other Retailer.

If you have a HD 4k Monitor make sure your DP>HDMI adapter supports those high resolutions.

Here is an example only of an Active DP>HDMI Adapter for 4K Resolutions at 60 Hz: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B082C7BHK8/ref=sspa_dk_detail_1?psc=1&pd_rd_i=B082C7BHK8&pd_rd_w=gnZHB&pf_...

Screenshot 2021-07-14 172859.png

or see if Dell.com has something better or cheaper.

0 Likes

eistaci, Thank you very much for helping an old timer to understand new terms & technology. I did purchase active adapter from Dell during this weekend I will be installing and testing HDMI monitor on Dell Optiplex Desktop.

Great, glad to hear that.

Good luck!

0 Likes