cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newcomers Start Here

realhet
Miniboss

Re: Best 8GB AMD GPU for GPGPU OpenCL computational geometry research?

Can you please verify that these new functionality (the driver and the HCC compiler) only available for Linux?

I don't find that these things will be available if I download the new Crimson drivers for Windows. o.O

0 Kudos
bsp2020
Elite

AFAIK, professional compute component of GPUOpen is Linux only at the moment. I do not know whether there is any plan for Windows.

0 Kudos
cesss
Adept I

If the professional compute component is Linux-only, can be suppose that Fiji in general and Fury X in particular are optimally working in Linux? I've googled around, and I've read people say there're serious issues and that they're waiting for Crimson 16.x on Linux, running on the 4.4 kernel.

0 Kudos
bsp2020
Elite

It is my understanding that what is released is for compute. It seems the graphics side is a bit behind in release and has performance issues under Linux.

I don't have Fiji and I'm not too familiar with Linux graphics driver.

If you are interested in graphics + compute, I think you need to wait till AMD release their new driver that works with AMDGPU. The current AMD Linux driver for Fiji uses the old method and can't be used on the Kernel that was just released. I have A10 7850K and, because I'm using the AMDKFD stuff, I must use open source linux driver for graphics.

0 Kudos