• DDS files are supported
  • UI improvements
  • Added frame number to render stamp
  • Removed Quality presets button from shelf
  • Added render stamp for IPR
  • Fixed a crash with blend material node
  • Fixed issue assigning material from material library
  • Added simple tonemapper
  • Fixed issues of image corruption when viewing AOV's in render and moving camera
  • Add Fresnel Approximation control to Uber
  • Some nodes were only working with textures connected, now work with basic colors
  • Color correction nodes were downscaling textures, fixed
  • Shadow catcher is no longer visible in reflections and refractions
  • Light sources in temperature mode could still use color mode.
  • Shadow Catcher "fringing" is improved
  • Fixed crash when connecting bump/normal nodes
  • Fixed crash when using ML denoiser and render region
  • Depth AOV normalization is removed
  • Viewport rendering works in CPU rendering
  • Fixed crash when importing scenes with RPR materials that are duplicated
  • Temperature color was applying sRGB conversion twice
  • Added Lens shift
  • Height and Blur of horizon (similar to Blender plugin) are added to Sun and Sky light
  • Default compression for RPR Export is set to level 1
  • ML Denoiser is improved
  • Fireflies when using an emissive material with high values is improved
  • Shading artifacts inside shadow of lights are improved
  • An issue with curves on macOS is improved
  • Passthrough shaders now show up in the Emission AOV

2.7.368 10/25/19

• Fixes to uploading render stats
  • Changing visibility of a group affects all children in hierarchy
  • Older CPU's without SSE2 support are not allowed to attempt running CPU denoiser as it crashes.
  • Fixes a crash with using the Physical Light with a mesh

2.7.377 11/08/19

• Fixed a crash that could happen when you assign more than one material to a mesh.  
  • Shadow Catcher node is renamed "Matte" node.  It now includes Reflection Catcher as well.  Also it enables needed AOV's automatically when used. 
  • Removed Motion blur "scale" parameter.  To increase motion blur, use camera exposure or increase actual motion.
  • Add min/max/mod/floor operations to RPRArithmetic node
  • EXR files saved from render use linear color space
  • Layered Texture node exports significantly faster
  • Using a blend material on multiple meshes works now
  • Full spectrum rendering support is added for Windows.  See more info on this here:  Full Spectrum Rendering in Radeon ProRender for Blender 
    This allows a user to set render "mode" for final and IPR renders.  
    • Full - Normal Path trace renderer
    • High - Vulkan hybrid with ray tracing
    • Medium - Vulkan rendering with cached GI
    • Low - Vulkan rasterization.  
  • MASH instances are supported

Thanks for helping test!

AMD RPR team

Please download from HERE

Comments

Hi, thank you very much for these beta builds! I just tried Version 2.4.224 for Windows and I'm so grateful for the reflection normal map!

Unfortunately, the rendering speed of the current Beta build drops significantly compared to the latest stable Release. I'm using Maya 2017 Update 5 with an RX Vega 64 (Radeon Software Version 18.10.2). I will support you with more Information if needed. Cheers from Germany!

If you could provide a scene that would be great. 

Hi bsavery, thanks for your reply. Here's the link to my Test Scene:

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

I also did some Rendertime-comparisons between the last stable version i used (2.4.194) and the Beta (2.4.224).

Production Preset: High

Resolution Preset: HD1080

Completion Criteria: Iterations

Renderdevice: RX Vega 64

50 Iterations     100 Iterations     200 Iterations

Stable          30s                   55s                    104s

Beta             240s                 484s                  968s

You scene is missing all texture files. Best way to share is by going to: File - Archive Scene.

Hi shrisha, thanks for your advice, I actually didn't know that. Here's the Scene:

RPR_Test_Scene

Anyway, even with using the "Archive Scene" Method, there are no textutres integrated, and I don't know if I'm doing something wrong. In the scene I only use materials from the RPR Library.

In 2.4.229 settings are finally saves with scene! Great! Thank you.

Also in 2.4.229 for windows, speed is actually increased compared to stable 2.4.205

P.s. Once again here is my rig:

Maya 2018.4

Ryzen 2700, 32GR Ram,

GTX 1070, Windows 10 Pro.

Ok it's actually not rendering "slower" per se, just doing too many samples.  So it should actually be a less noisy render but longer!  Either way we're fixing it. 

thank you very much for explaining and fixing it! I'm really looking forward to the new release, keep up the good work, I really appreciate it!

Thank you for latest build. Was so excited to see tile rendering in settings, even if it's do nothing for now. Happy that implementation is started. Also still no sun and no portals in sun&sky system.

Was testing today and GPU only rendering is speedup a little bit compare to previous build. But GPU+CPU on 45th % became black and finished like that. Tried few times just to be sure.

Very nice new arrangement in render settings.

Weird. Anyway, first thing what I was taught is start the new scene by setting up project and keep all textures in sourceimages folder That is the first place where Maya looking for them. If any textures is used for your shaders they will definitely will be archiving if they are in sourceimages folder. Hope it helps.

Hello, want to report that flying objects is up and flying with yesterday's build . Same thing what I reported back in October. Didn't check with maya 2018 yet. This in 2019 version.

Oh! It is actually still a bug. Just checked with a old FBX file what I sent in October with 2.6.275 build. Have you looked at it back there? Same problem with both Maya 2018 and 2019

Meanwhile I found work around for "flying objects" bug. If I freeze transformations before heat render button it will be rendered just fine. Still I would considering it as bug since it not happening with other renderers.

Screenshot_2.jpg

With today beta build had a problem. In new scene when you enable prorender plugin from plugin manager window this error is come up:

# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: ValueError: file C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Maya2018\bin\python27.zip\json\decoder.py line 382: No JSON object could be decoded #
// Initing plugin
evalDeferred "shaderBallRendererMenuUpdate";
updateRendererUI;
updateRenderOverride;
# Error: file: C:/Program Files/Autodesk/Maya2018/scripts/others/pluginWin.mel line 290: SyntaxError: file C:\Program Files\AMD\RadeonProRenderPlugins\Maya\scripts\fireRender\fireRenderMenu.py line 6: invalid syntax #

and Prorender menu is not created. So I have to comment lines 6 and 7 in C:\Program Files\AMD\RadeonProRenderPlugins\Maya\scripts\fireRender\fireRenderMenu.py file to fix menu creation during plugin loading.

Hello,

RPR always save alpha channel (opacity) image during render even if you deselect this in options.

Had a problem today with latest build. RPR crashed Maya at the end of render if openEXR image format used for render output. Didn't have this before. Please take a look.

Hi Shrisha,

Thank You for letting us know. I can confirm we have a crash with EXR im not sure though when we will have a fix for it at this time.

Hi Shrisha,

Can you provide images of the issue?

Hi Shrisha,

We should have a fix for this in a week or so. Please try the next Beta build release and let me know if there is still an issue.

Hi Shrisha, 

I was able to reproduce this issue on my end. I went ahead and sent this info the the developers. For now yes please use Freeze transformation until we can find some kind of fix.

How do I find the attached files? (The beta builds) I'm looking on two browers and it just says attachments but none show up.

Thanks for the build!  I've noticed that motion blur seems extremely powerful.  I am having to set the scale value to .001 for a usable result (still slightly too much motion blur).  Not sure what the exposure setting is I have it set to .5 thinking it may be for center frame.

Hi ghostte,

Links for builds are currently located here.

Screenshot_14.png

There is a problem with a latest build installation file. Screenshot_1.jpg

Can confirm same error for me.

Sorry about that!  Was a busted file upload.  Fixed now

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎10-25-2018 06:23 PM
Updated by:

Contributors