cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

verstaerker1
Adept I

textures render broken

i'm trying to render a simple sphere with a plain texture applied but ProRender brakes the texture somehow 

see images below

Screenshot_2021-05-09 13.30.15_GrUtyr.pngWoodPlanksClean0040_1_1024.jpg

I tried several textures in different formats .. nothing works, they all end up with these ugly blocks.

I'm using

Maya 2019.2

RPR 3.1

Mac Pro 2019 with VegaII card , macOs 11.3.1

0 Likes
1 Solution

hello,

i have tried multiple mac systems using Northstar(RPR2) on gpu mode 

mac os cataline and big sur vega 56, 5700xt , and pro 560 

maya 2019.3, 2018 , and 2020

all resulted in no artefacts.

are there any other nodes other then File node connected to uber material in you scene ? 

also have you tried this build ?https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderMayaPlugin/releases/tag/v3.1.14

View solution in original post

0 Likes
11 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi ,

Could you provide the scene  that you are having this issue?

0 Likes

sure

example 

i already figured out thats only happening with the RPR2 engine and when GPU rendering is enabled. It's fine in RPR1 mode and in RPR2 CPU only mode. 

0 Likes

Hi !!!!

I am new to this forum..glad to meet you all...Hope for better reply for this issue

this issue is actually mentioned in the release notes under known issues

https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderMayaPlugin/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md

0 Likes

okay great it's in the release notes ... but i don't understand this release. I can't render anything with an image texture . Why would someone with such an obvious huge bug release it in this state? And it's not as written "sometimes" ... it's always.

Also it's been a 3.0 bug ... we are on 3.1

0 Likes

Hi, 

could you provide a screen shot of how you have your nodes connected. we are having issues reproducing this issue. Also a if possible please provide a scene to pass on to developers.

Screenshot_280.png

0 Likes

Hi

i don't understand your request as i provided a scene already and by the screenshot you posted i can see that you found and opened it

What machine/os/maya version did you use to generate this not broken image? Are you in RPR2 mode with GPU?

0 Likes

hello,

i have tried multiple mac systems using Northstar(RPR2) on gpu mode 

mac os cataline and big sur vega 56, 5700xt , and pro 560 

maya 2019.3, 2018 , and 2020

all resulted in no artefacts.

are there any other nodes other then File node connected to uber material in you scene ? 

also have you tried this build ?https://github.com/GPUOpen-LibrariesAndSDKs/RadeonProRenderMayaPlugin/releases/tag/v3.1.14

0 Likes

strange, maybe something with my hardware (but the other GPU renderer OctaneX works fine) .. i'll try that other build

0 Likes

try using a different version of maya. i dont think its from this but anything is possible 

0 Likes

the new build solved the issue for me. Thanks!