Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya Discussions

fourzeronin
Adept I

Displacement Seams

Hello ProRender developers!

I am back, and I must say great job!  Stability is much better on this version in Maya, keep up the good work.  Onto the bugs and requests.

I am using 2.9.58

-Hypershade material viewer renders with RPR 1 regardless of what is set in render globals

-SSS not working with RPR 2 (uber material)

-3D Texture Seams (Whenever I use a 3d texture in Maya like volume noise for example whether it is applied as a normal map or a displacement, really bad seams become apparent where there are UV boundaries.  Also it like there is an issue with pinching on the poles of a sphere for example.  A 3D texture should not exhibit these artifacts and in fact work properly in other render engines like vray.

Thank you!

fzn

0 Likes
3 Replies
david_s
Miniboss

Hi,

Thank you for reporting these issues, I will pass this info to the developers.

Currently, RPR 2.0 (Northstar) is still in the Beta stage. Volumes are not yet supported at the moment.

Regarding 3D textures, could you provide an example scene and some screenshots?

0 Likes

Hi David, here is a comparison between 2 spheres.  RPR on left, Vray on right.  As you can see RPR is treating the 3d texture as if it is just taking a 2d cross section and applying it to the UV's.  3D textures should not rely on UV space.  Also it seems the resolution is very low regardless of what I set as the subdivision in RPR.  Thanks!rpr_vs_vray_Maya3dDisplacement.jpg

0 Likes

Hi,

Thank you, I will provide this information to developers. Currently, 3D textures are not supported in RPR.

0 Likes