cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

This document provides information about Windows® 10 driver support for APUs with AMD Radeon™ Graphics.

For the purpose of this document the term “APU Graphics” refers to the On-die graphics adapter on an AMD APU that is the designated primary graphics controller on a system.

This document does not apply to Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products. For more information about Windows 10 driver support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products, please visit: Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 2.0 and DirectX® 12 on Windows® 10:

• AMD A6/A8/A10/FX-8000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4 Pro/A6 Pro/A8 Pro/A10 Pro/A12 Pro-8000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8/A10/FX-7000 Series APUs (except A4-7300 APUs)
  • AMD A4 Pro/A6 Pro/A8 Pro/A10 Pro-7000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6-6#10 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4-5000, A4-5100 and A6-5200 APUs
  • AMD Athlon 5000 series APUs
  • AMD Sempron 2650 and 3850 APUs
  • AMD E1-2000 Series and E2-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4/A6-1000 Series APUs

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.3 and DirectX® 11 on Windows® 10

• AMD A4-7300 APUs
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-5000 Series APUs (except A4-5000, A4-5100, and A6-5200)
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-4000 Series APUs

NOTE: If your graphics product is included on the list of supported products above, please install the latest AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® 10 to fully enable its feature set. AMD Catalyst™ Driver can be downloaded from: http://www.amd.com/drivers

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.
Labels (1)
Comments

Installing Advanced Video Transcoding from 15.6 beta from Win8.1 manually didn't make DXVA working for me.

https://community.amd.com/docs/DOC-1311#comment-4111

The Windows 10 Netflix app (from the Windows store) does not play video. Netflix insists this is a driver problem.

I've done as posted above and removed Catalyst from the machine and am using just the default driver. Video is completely black, but sound continues to play.

My system:

AMD E-450 APU with Radeon HD 6320 Graphics

on Windows 10 64-bit.

Netflix is really the reason I have this computer, so any help is very appreciated.

Thank you.

Regarding AMD the Drivers for AMD E350/450 are supported throught Windows Update - What they not REALIZE and REALIZING - they ARE BUGGED no Hardware VIDEO Acceleration is enabled. HOW LONG AMD you think to watch AWAY this PROBLEMATIC - THERE IS NO CHANGE Btw. Windows 8.1 and 10 except the Cosmetical View - And DX 12.

Yeah, I realized that. We must install both driver and AVT from beta package in order to make it work properly.

Hello

i own 2 mini Computer with E2 1800 (7340 Graphic) as mediaplayer Computer at my TV.

2 Notebooks with AMD Graphik and 2 gaming machines with descrede AMD Graphic

I use the mini Computers  for maxdome, Amazon Prime and Netflix,  (Video on demand )

After i the Update  to Windows 10 they all not work becouse of the missing drivers...

I install now the old OS Windows 7 again and hope that You (AMD) work on the Drivers.

This Computers are only 14 months old...

IF AMD decide to not make new Drivers i am sure this is my last AMD based System and Graphic Card.

Hope you decide to provide the Service.

Cannor

Anyone else on E1 series apu with radeon HD 7310 graphics having problems with the latest drivers on windows 10 not playing any videos (like Netflix,youtube etc). Really need a fix so I can view videos. My laptop is only 3 years old AMD. Think you would do a better job to support it. Why don't these graphics/cpus not reach the requirement for windows 10?. Windows 10 is the same as windows 7-8.1 apart from it supports directx 12. AMD is hopeless,never buying amd stuff ever again.The company should close down so people stick with NVidia and intel only. Also started having black videos on windows 8.1 with the 15. whatever drivers. 14.10 was the only working driver till amd stuffed it up. and Ray don't tell me to get graphic updates through windows update. tried everything.

Use modified inf to install 15.8 beta on Windows 10. Few posts above

Hi ,

Ray_m

Thank u so much ,

Its worked for me .

I m using Dell Inspiron N4010 with AMD 4650 Graphics.

Now I uninstalled ATI graphics driver , and updated Windows 10 to the latest , it works fine.

but my 4k monitor still @ 30hz resolution. anyone know why? I'm wondering if this is the limitation of the DP or the monitor or GPU? I have 6850 HD

Hi I upgraded from Windows 7 on a Toshiba Satellite C660D, with 6310 radeon Display adapter.Using the driver supplied by Windows update is no good. All videos appear as either a black or green screen(no picture). I find using beta driver for windows 8.1 works reasonably well, but not perfect.  At times it just drops out and I have restart video. If Amd cannot resolve thiit should be made clear before upgrade to allow users to make there own decision.

Yep - particularly obvious in Outlook emails - they look degraded

Netbooks with low end APUs like mine Asus 1215b with E-450 usually have locked 'UMA Frame buffer Size'. If so, then you can not change RAM amount allocated as video memory.

Small comparison in video memory usage - Win10 default theme vs Win 7 classic theme (classic theme in Win10 doesn't seem to save graphic memory).

IKPbnRP.jpg

lE8cCfW.png

And the bonus - bios with 'UMA Frame buffer Size' unlocked and set up to 2GB Worth doing, especially for Windows 10.

Ke8FY0c.png

hi im using amd a4 3330 mx apu on windows 10

i can't play video from my laptop since upgrade to win10 and the brightness adjustment dont working

please release update to fix this issue

I upgraded to windows 10 and now my diablo 3 game freezes up in certain areas, i am using the radeon 6530D graphics driver, And some told me to upgrade the amd catalist 15.7.1 but it still doesn't work, How can i get a catalist that works with my upgraded windows 10

Use modified inf to install 15.8 beta on Windows 10. Few posts above

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

From the MS side:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/netflix-error-code-w8157-8...

Hello, I just wanted to update everyone on progress on this bug. We've been working on trying to root cause it and get a system that reproduces the problem in-house. The following is a summary:

• Most instances reported so far seem to be on AMD drivers
  • Our investigation shows that the AMD driver is indeed doing something wrong and essentially crashing (it's a special type of crash for graphics drivers that is supposed to be recoverable). This is the main problem, and updating your drivers may in some cases address the crash.
  • That said, Windows is supposed to have resilience to driver crashes in this case and is designed to recover without a significant impact on the user experience (you may see your screen go black momentarily and then recover).
  • The above resilience had a bug in it that prevented Windows from recovering correctly.
  • We're actively working on fixing this bug and the fix for it should be rolling out via Windows Update sometime before the end of the year (sorry, it takes time to get these fixes tested and to make sure it doesn't break anything else).
  • This fix won't resolve the main issue of a driver crashing (which seems to have been reported with Nvidia drivers as well but with less frequency), and will only affect playback in either modern Windows apps (like the Netflix app) or playback within Internet Explorer or the new Edge browser. It will have no impact on Silverlight, Windows 8.1 and below, or playback in Chrome or Firefox. Also, to be perfectly transparent, this forum discussion has at times discussed other issues than the fundamental one we set out to investigate, so there could be other issues happening that won't be fixed with this change, but we believe this should address the bulk of the reported failures (specifically for folks running into 0x887A0001 error).

Thanks for all your help and patience on this.

-Hany

Do you guys talk to each other????

Please fix this!

Good point.

My question is : Who is HanyF ?

ray_m:

Good point.

My question is : Who is HanyF ?

Could be my bad - (assume), but on page 2 of the MS link, HanyF posted:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_store/netflix-error-code-w8157-8...

Hi Folks, I'm an engineer on the Windows team. We're trying to get a repro for this issue here in Redmond and cannot seem to reproduce the problem with the information given so far. If you guys can help us with some information, it'd be great. So whoever is able to answer these questions, please do so in a separate reply. More answers are better, so we can assess what your PCs have in common:

1. Please run dxdiag from a command line window (elevated please, so type "cmd", right click and select "run as admin"). In DXDiag, click "save all information" to a text file and attach it here or copy/paste it.
  2. please let us know win the context of the Netflix app, whether this happens 100% of the time or only sometimes or for certain pieces of content (and if so, let us know what movie, etc.)
  3. if you get an error from Netflix (the "Whops" dialog), let us know the exact error(s) you're getting and if it's the same error code every time
  4. Does rebooting or restarting help?
  5. If you go to Netflix in the Edge browser, does the issue continue to happen? Please make sure you have all updates installed before you do that. Note that Edge does not support Silverlight period, so I really don't think installing/uninstalling Silverlight will have any effect on your playback experience in Edge or in the Netflix app. If it does, it's likely a coincidence.
  6. Depending on how far we can get with the above information, if you're willing to have one of our developers contact you directly (and you're willing to have us run a few diagnostic scripts, etc. on your PC), please indicate so. We'll figure out details of how to get your contact info later if we deem it necessary.

Thanks for running Windows 10 and for reporting this.

-Hany

Alain

LOL.......................

eli

Hy

hd6320

My config: Windows 10 64 bits. ATI RADEON HD 7310

.inf modded is THE SOLUTION for DXVA work !.

Thank You very much hd6320

Eli

Sans titre 1.jpg

I am running an older laptop with an ATI Radeon Mobility HD 4200 series card and Wi9ndows 10. I have deleted the AMD Catalyst Drivers and rebooted allowed Windows 10 to update the drivers (it actually didn't show any drivers available for update.)  My driver version is currently 8.970.100.9001.  Windows reports this is the current driver for my hardware according to the Device Manager.

When I try to play games I am still getting booted out with an error message that the drivers quit working.  Something about the 3d. I havce no idea, something else about some files appear to be missing. In particular Star Trek Online.

Is Windows 10 not compatible with this graphics card?  Everything worked fine with Win7?

ray_m​ Ray, hi

I have an Enduro system with A8-5557M and Radeon 8750M. The Radeon 8750M is a GCN part and should be able to run DirectX 12.0 stuff.

However, Windows 10 Pro won't let me do it, probably because the integrated GPU (which is not GCN) and the Enduro system

How can we overcome it?

Thanks

That's the problem. The 4000 series graphics and older do not meet the minimum requirements microsoft set for Windows 10 (or Windows 8.1)

Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

I understand, but it seems to me strange that they can't fix it or allow stuff to run on the discrete GCN GPU

Can you disable the integrated graphics in the bios?

I wish. Most options are locked. I can try and unlock it, but that's a risk and a lot of effort for someone like me

Is there a way to "fool" Windows and provide some other name as the GPU? or something like that?

Damifino

I will say...some of the 'experts' have a way of forcing a discrete non-supported 4000 and earlier to work under Windows 10....a intergrated one? I haven't heard of such. In no way will Windows 10 be FULLY functional under all scenarios. There will be issues further on down the line.

I don't want to use the integrated for DX12, just the discrete, I'm pretty sure it can be done. The guys with Intel + AMD discrete have done it

By disabling the integrated graphics in the bios.

Great job.

hi ,

i have an old ati x1950xt card , on an asus p5w dh deluxe , this are the specs of the motherboard :

• CPUIntel® Quad-core CPU Ready
    LGA775 socket for Intel® Pentium 4/Celeron CPU
    Support Inte Pentium® Processor Extreme Edition & Intel Pentium® D Processor
    Support Intel 65nm, Core 2 Duo and Core 2 Extreme
    Compatible with Intel 05B/ 05A and 04B/04A processors
    Intel EM64T and Hyper-Threading Technology ready
    * Please update the latest BIOS to support Intel Quad-core CPU
  • ChipsetIntel 975X
    Intel ICH7R
  • Front Side Bus1066/ 800 MHz
  • MemoryDual channel memory architecture
    4 x 240-pin DIMM sockets support max. 8GB DDR2 800/ 667/ 533 ECC and non-ECC memory
    Intel MPT (Intel Memory Pipeline Technology)
    ASUS Hyper Path3
  • Expansion Slots2 x PCI Express x 16 slot for discrete graphics card
    2 x PCI Express x 1
    3 x PCI
  • CrossFireSupport ATI CrossFire graphics cards (both @ x8 mode)
    ASUS two-slot thermal design
    ASUS PEG Link

. windows 10 doesn't support ati x1950 xt card unfortuantely , which card should i buy that works on windows 10 and on my sistem ? thanks in advance !!

If I were you I would purchase a compatible GPU card.You can get one for under $50.00.

Will AMD at last give us some drivers? I've noticed there is even a new beta driver but still the HD6310 isn;t supported. I don't want to use the workaround for the use of unsigned driers, i just want AMD to release good drivers.So i can play 1080p content in youtube, netflix, missed series, etc etc. Come on AMD!! Don't give us reasons to switch to intel (again). This is an issue for months now.

I have a mini-PC with an E-450 APU, so buying a 50$ GPU is not an option as there's no space/slot to plug in another discrete GPU.

I just would like AMD to provide a working Windows 10 driver to Microsoft, so that they can package and distro it via WU.

Ray_M explained that for these older APUs, the drivers will only come thru Microsoft. Unfortunately the current one is broken as HW Acceleration (dxva) does not work.

The last WU driver is from mid-July - based on 15.7.1. My hope/expectation is that once Catalyst comes out of beta (15.10?) that MS will get a version of it to distribute via WU which should resolve the HW accel issue.

If you guys give up now, AMD will never put Wrestler APUs in C0*.inf file for Windows 10. Modified inf for 15.8 proves that AMD removed Wrestler APUs from Win10 inf on purpose, because adding sections back makes DXVA and all other stuff working correctly. Ignorance.

Buying 50$ GPU is so ridiculous...

Okay,I reformatted about a month ago and Microsoft updates installed AMD driver 15.20.1062.1004-150803a-184724E and CCC for my APU E2-1800 with HD 7340.

Only thing that doesn't work is AA,It won't over ride to x2 or x4.

Now earlier I received another AMD Microsoft update and updated it,And then after update CCC would not open.So I rolled back to AMD driver 15.20.1062.1004-150803a-184724E.

Please fix.

Thank you for listing the Graphics cards that support Windows 10, but sadly much of the information means little to those who are not intimately familiar with AMD products. 

I have a PC with an Intel i5-3570K Processor and an AMD Radeon HD 6450 Video Graphics Adaptor. Now is that an 'AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-6000 Series APUs', if so then I have a problem.

I first noticed an issue upon upgrading to Windows 10 and went to the AMD site and used the auto-detect tool and downloaded the appropriate driver package, this failed with a Code 43 error.

I uninstaller the driver via device manager and allowed Windows to find a suitable driver, which it did, and all seemed well until the next reboot where I get a dialogue box stating No AMD Graphics driver installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly, please install the AMD driver appropriate to your AMD hardware. 

According to your info above, that is what I did when I let Windows detect the hardware and install the appropriate driver, no?

I have tried this process about five times now. Any advice would be grateful, thanks.

Ian

Have you all fixed the driver issue yet in Windows 10, allowing hardware acceleration and Blu-ray playback for my A6-3500, or will I have to continue looking at upgrading my media center to one of the new Intel processors that came out?

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (19).png

Στιγμιότυπο οθόνης (17).png

The Amd ​15.10 beta driver is best from me so far i work like calm on windows 10 and A8 7600Apu no any problems.Good work on that driver.AMD

Don't worry about the APU driver,Install the AMD Radeon HD 6450 Video Graphics driver.

Everything will be fine then.

No....that is not a APU. APU's are AMD processors...yours is a Intel processor with discrete (seperate) graphics card.

I have tried repeatedly to install the AMD Radeon Driver for the HD 6450 with no success.  I have had a "Code 43" Error, whatever that is, I have had "No AMD Graphics driver installed, or the AMD driver is not functioning properly, please install the AMD driver appropriate to your AMD hardware." error. Arg!!!

I have tried installing the 15.7.1 variant of the driver and the 15.10.Beta variant and neither work I always get the yellow triangle with the '!' in Device Manager for the Graphics Card.  To say it doesn't work is possibly not right, something is working as I am not getting the poor resolution of the default Microsoft driver, but I continually get the above 'No AMD Graphics driver installed' error.

Weirdly I even get a 'New Driver' dialogue box coming up 'New Catalyst Driver', guess which one it suggests, 15.7.1, it does that when the 15.7.1 or the 15.10.Beta are installed, absolutely makes no sense.

Help from AMD would be appreciated.

People who own

• AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

will most likely won't buy AMD hardware anymore. You're forcing us to mod driver for Windows 10, reboot to 'disable driver signature enforcement' mode, install modified driver, reboot and run Microsoft tool to hide graphic driver 'update', because Windows 10 overrides newer non-WHQL driver with older WHQL one. All this because of you decided to remove few lines from C0*.inf files. Shame on you AMD. There is absolutely no reason to do so. People will remember this when they go buy new hardware.

@hd6320 - the latest WindowsUpdate driver *finally* has working support for hardware-accelerated video (DXVA). My APU = E-450 with a Radeon HD6320.

The only shame on AMD is that it took so long between the release of Windows 10 and the release of a good working driver for these APUs.

No, you don't get it. MS drivers:

* are released with delay (why?)

* are released rarely (as only WHQL)

* changelog is unknown, so you won't know if your issue will be resolved or not unless you try them out (time consuming)

* forces to override newer non-WHQL driver with older WHQL one

* forces HDMI audio device driver installtion

* forces installing CCC without asking user

* download whenever Windows decides to do so, so can interrupt your streaming, files downloading/uploading etc.

* install whenever Windows decides to do so, so can break your tasks like rendering, playing a game, converting movie etc.

I "kind of" agree with everything you said - but at least I'm relieved that there are working drivers now. Since end of July, the ones that came in via WindowsUpdate were broken, so I was afraid that those APUs had completely been abandoned, and for 5 months it indeed looked that way...

Hi good afternoon, I have a notebook with the following configuration AMD A10-4600 APU with AMD Radeon HD 7660G Dual Graphics AMD Radeon HD 7670M, install Windows 10 since I never had access to graphics, I tried with new graphics that accompanied windows 10, but the graphics were not working well and not working, I had to make do with the default drivers delivering Windows 10. my question is, as of today there is no solution to regain control of my graphics, there is a new driver, or everything remains the same ?

Hola buenas tardes, tengo un notebook con la siguiente configuración AMD A10-4600 APU AMD con gráficos duales Radeon HD 7660G  AMD Radeon HD 7670M, desde que instale windows 10 nunca mas tuve acceso a los gráficos, probé con los nuevos graficos que acompañaron a windows 10 pero los graficos no funcionaban bien, no funcionaban, me tuve que conformar con los drivers que entrega por defecto windows 10. mi pregunta es, al día de hoy existe alguna solución para recuperar el control de mis gráficos, existe algún driver nuevo, o todo sigue igual ?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-04-2015 01:36 PM
Updated by:

Contributors