cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

Windows 10 Driver Support for AMD APU Graphics Products

This document provides information about Windows® 10 driver support for APUs with AMD Radeon™ Graphics.

For the purpose of this document the term “APU Graphics” refers to the On-die graphics adapter on an AMD APU that is the designated primary graphics controller on a system.

This document does not apply to Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products. For more information about Windows 10 driver support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products, please visit: Windows® 10 Driver Support for Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics Products

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 2.0 and DirectX® 12 on Windows® 10:

• AMD A6/A8/A10/FX-8000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4 Pro/A6 Pro/A8 Pro/A10 Pro/A12 Pro-8000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8/A10/FX-7000 Series APUs (except A4-7300 APUs)
  • AMD A4 Pro/A6 Pro/A8 Pro/A10 Pro-7000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6-6#10 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4-5000, A4-5100 and A6-5200 APUs
  • AMD Athlon 5000 series APUs
  • AMD Sempron 2650 and 3850 APUs
  • AMD E1-2000 Series and E2-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4/A6-1000 Series APUs

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.3 and DirectX® 11 on Windows® 10

• AMD A4-7300 APUs
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-5000 Series APUs (except A4-5000, A4-5100, and A6-5200)
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-4000 Series APUs

NOTE: If your graphics product is included on the list of supported products above, please install the latest AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® 10 to fully enable its feature set. AMD Catalyst™ Driver can be downloaded from: http://www.amd.com/drivers

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

If you have already upgraded to Windows® 10 and installed the AMD Catalyst™ Driver, please follow the steps listed below to resolve this issu

1. Uninstall the AMD Catalyst™ Driver using the Program and Features option in the Control Pane
  2. Reboot the system
  3. Use Windows Update to install the appropriate graphics driver for the APU.
Labels (1)
Comments

Great job by my friend Ray here.

Hi!

I have some questions regarding this problem. I have installed the 15.20-150602a-184724E drivers in a Radeon HD 6530D and in the catalyst control center appears a new update. This one is the 15.20.1062.1002 but when i install this new version doesn't changes anything! It's like if I had not installed anything! Here's a screenshot:

AMD.png

Other problem i have is with youtube videos and some images. It looks like they have lost some quality and brightness. The clarity is not the same as it was with windows 7.

Is anyone having this problem too?

Regards!

As mentioned, for your product, you should only use Windows Update to get the latest driver.

Yes i did it,  and it says that i currently have the latest driver but as i mentioned before, the video quality is not good at all. Some videos look a bit blurry. My question is... ¿are you guys going to fix this problem?

I would also like to know if you intend to fix the problem AMD?? I've tried both the 15.7.1 drivers and the windows update drivers and with both I can't adjust my screen brightness and I can't project to another screen via Hdmi

The question is: When those APUs will be supported in Windows 10 drivers?

For now the best driver for my HD6320 (E-450 APU) is 15.6 beta driver. DXVA works.

All drivers newer than 15.6 beta causes huge performance drop in games that uses DirectX older than 9. This is unacceptable.

These APUs are supported under Windows 10, as explained in my opening post.

However, you cannot use the Catalyst Driver package and my always rely on Windows Update to get the latest driver for these APUs.

For a non techy what is the latest graphics driver/APU driver Radeon HD 3200 series. You do not quote it in your original post.

Yes but since upgrading to windows 10 no driver works properly at all. I cant change my screen brightness it's always on maximum and I no longer have Hdmi output functionality. will AMD add comparability for these drivers?

The HD3200 series does not meet Windows 10 hardware requirements, therefore there are no drivers available for AMD for that product under Windows 10.

Ray

many thanks but it leads to further questions. If hd3200 does not meet Win 10 hardware requirements then how do resolve this issue? My machine was bought in 2009 so not that old.

ANy advice you can provide would be appreciated.

There really is no solution other than to remain with your current operating system.

2009 to 2015 is an eternity in the computer industry.

Will the AMD drivers in Windows Update perform as well as the Catalyst drivers when running games? Are they basically the same, and if not what are the differences?

Ok, thank you.

For now the best driver for my HD6320 (E-450 APU) is 15.6 beta driver. DXVA works with them.

Windows update March driver (DriverVer=03/11/2015, 15.200.1012.0002) as well as any newer drivers newer than 15.6 beta causes huge performance drop (30-50%) in games that uses DirectX older than 9. This is unacceptable.

Have you tried to use 15.6 beta driver for Windows 8.1?

The drivers installed by Windows Update allow me to adjust the brightness but also offer very poor performance. There is no solution yet...

Correction; the drivers installed by Windows Update don't let me adjust the birghtness either. It was the "Microsoft Basic Display Adapter" the one that let me do it, but as you imagine, the performance of that generic driver is shxt.

The driver installed by WU seems to work fine so far but there is no solution to the brightness adjustment that's burning my retinas.

i have same problem whit HD 6550D Nothing... in controll panel he see only R7 250X  idont know why no see HD 6550D no drivers ... ?

I am trying to upgrade a Windows 8.1 HP Pavilion 17 Notebook with AMD A8-4500M APU with Radeon HD 7640G Graphics. AMD site claims 7640G is now compatible with Windows 10, however upon completion of the upgrade, the laptop continually reboots until it goes into repair mode. I can then boot to safe mode and disable the 7640G graphics in the device manager. I can then boot normally (with the disabled 7640G driver). If I enable the driver (Windows has chosen) the laptop immediately reboots back to repair mode. I can run 7640G graphics in compatibility mode but then it will not detect the other two monitors (Gateway HX2000 & HP w1907) I use (in addition to the laptop monitor) which is a no win for me. I have attempted to upgrade several times with the same result. VERY Disappointing!!!

How has it been determined that 7640G is compatible with Windows 10 when in actuality it IS NOT! What gives with all of these AMD HD Radeon graphics not working with Windows 10? Have we all bought PCs with inferior AMD graphics and therefore unable to upgrade?

So ray_m are you guy's going to add support for these APU's in the future?

And thanks for your support so far ray_m.

I do not have that information at this point in time.

Please keep us posted. Thank you

Hello, just wanted to reconfirm this.  Is AMD going to produce drivers (full driver suit) that supports the HD 6530D on chip graphics going forward on Windows 10 or is Win 8.1 the last fully supported OS for this hardware?  I just want to know for sure so that I know whether or not I need to buy a dedicated GPU or not.  All I need is a yes or a no....no marketing spin please (tends to confuse folks).

Thanks much!

I have the same problem as yours.

My card is HD 6530D

There is no reason why AMD should skip the Support for those APUs - even if we stay with AMD CAT 15.6Beta (it runs) currently i hope AMD List them soon in the Next release hopefully fast... Cause most Errors i read here Results from Users who use Brazos System.

Yea ray_m really thanks for your help in this, I was starting to pull my hair out. A fix to this would be greatly appreciated however. I'm not very confident WU will always have the most up to date drivers for download. And for some reason I just like getting them off AMD site >.<

I guess we are screwed people... The only "solution" offered by AMD every time we complain is to just use Windows Update to installed the "proper drivers that toootally support your APUs guys" and stop bothering them. Even though that driver is terrible; Slugish OS, terrible youtube playback, most web video players are just a black screen with audio and horrible 15 frames per second gaming plus the inability to adjust the screen brightness.

E-450 with Radeon hd 6320 might not be great, but it had a way way better performance on Windows 7 STARTER than this and that OS was crap too.

I did fill a AMD Issue Reporting Form but i'm not especting anything from it...

I reported the issue there a month ago 08.07.15, ticket ID: 8200643966 and got the following reply:

This is something that is decided by the driver team which we do not have access to. If you have further queries i suggest you to post this query on our forums website.

So I did Re: No drivers for HD6320 on Windows 10  I slso requested:

If you do not have access to driver team then who do? I don't mean direct access to drivers code and stuff. Could you please just let them know about this issue - no support for HD6320, please?

and got not further reply.

Feel free to PM me a response AMD,  I didn't mean to rouse a sleeping dragon.  Just want to know if I need to buy a dedicated GPU.

Yep, sounds about right... It's always the same with AMD, never a proper answer.

What makes it so bad,Is the laptop I'm on is only 3 years old.And now not support for my Chipset/Processor.My wife's computer is a 2007 model and everything works fine on windows 10.

Same my AMD E350 Mini ITX System is 4 years old and on the 15.7.1 are even OLDER Hardware listed.

BTW.... FYI... My laptop is just 14 months old so age doesn't necessarily have anything to do with it. I find it astonishing that a PC just over 1 year old cannot upgrade to Windows 10. C'mon AMD! Get with it! Will be much more careful to make sure my next PC does NOT have AMD graphics! Very unhappy!

Hey guys, I need help ...
I do not know how to install the drivers. Try anyway: download directly from your site, try the version for Win10 and 8.1 did not work out. I try to use the device manager, download succeeds but does not work ... I need help please! I can give precise instructions on how to do ? Thank you!
My computer is a laptop HP Pavilion dv7 , A6-3400M APU with AMD Radeon HD 6520G and Windows 10 (before Windows 7 SP1 )

HP laptop here with AMD Radeon HD7300 Series. Windows Update driver causes BSOD and black/garbled screen upon reboot. Must reboot into safe mode and uninstall driver to get back into Windows.  I also had to disable Windows Update to continue using my laptop to prevent further ATI crap driver installations. Garbage.

Thanks for this hd6320. Now back to waiting for a working driver (if ever).

I agree with you

Best drivers atm are Beta (15.6) for win8.1

Since i've changed to them i have everything back, performance/video acceleration

Awful answer Ray.

IMAG1070.jpgAfter updating to latest version of AMD driver for AMD Radeon HD 8000 series , my system shows blue screen with massage of internal_power_error and it restart system automatically when ever I log in to system. I uninstall it and then system works smoothly but when ever I start system, it get latest update automatically and start doing same problem again. Now I disable graphic card from bios and using system and unable to use AMD graphic card and no game runs with out it. Please rectify bugs in below link driver. thank you.

Drivers & Software - HP Support Center.

I'm using 14.12 Omega win 8.1 on laptop:HP 2000-2C29WM

Same on my Desktop,Running 14.12 Omega win 8.1 gives me better frame rates and performance,Plus having the CCC adjustments is better then just a driver.

Hello Ray.

Thanks for the update. However there are still issues with that response.Specifically for the 6620G (edited from 6520G - always mixed up):

The default windows 10 driver (from WU) does not have acceleration and will not play any video (blank video with sound) in any Windows 10 app. The error provided is: "error: the video could not be decoded".

Of course, 15.7.x does not see the chipset.

Using windows 8.1 15.6 beta has the following issues:

The system can take upward of 2 minutes before the screen is displayed on startup / wake up - no errors are produced that I can see just appears to be a race condition.

All windows 10 App title bars have no symbols. (no close / minimize / full screen, etc. However they are there and clicking in the area where they should be results in response. However, videos in apps are working.

So, there are issues with both the default windows 10 drivers and the beta 15.6 ones.

Can you indicate if at the very least the default windows 10 driver will be updated in due course to address the lack of video output in apps, along with providing acceleration?

Thanks much.

I got an HP Sleekbook 14 laptop with E2-1800 apu/HD7340 graphics. Yes Catalyst 15.7.1 does not work so I resorted to Catalyst 15.6 (manual install). A few hours after installing Catalyst 15.6 I got an update prompt saying a new amd driver has been downloaded. Out of curiousity I installed the driver and it turned out to be Catalyst 15.7.1. Everything seem to work fine until I tried to watch an .mkv movie. Display turned green and the movie is playing cause I could hear the audio in the background. It also does the same playing videos on youtube. I uninstalled it, reinstalled 15.6 and everything went back to normal. So out of that experience, do not update your gpu drivers via Windows Update. It will install 15.7.1 and mess video playback. Use Catalyst 15.6 instead.

Still no fix for this yet? Tsk tsk AMD. We can only use 15.6 for so long.

Dear Ray and all,

I'm having problems playing videos in Edge (mostly YouTube videos) running the AMD Radeon HD 6320. Yes I used the windows 10 update method but no result.

I pulled every trick in the book but the only thing that works fine is the STANDARD Microsoft driver. No video problems (and no extra options....)

No hard feelings Ray but please tell me there  is a real fix for this  (other than the uninstall, reboot update etc etc)

Regards

Your latest driver provided by the windows update of windows 10, rendered the usage of a certain program (kodi) impossible. It freezes and can't be used. This is the second time I am facing problems with your drivers, first being the extremely slow performance I had with games from a point on. That time I fixed this by installing an older driver and stopping windows from updating. Now windows update the driver even if it is told not to do so. So fix your driver or tell microsoft to not auto update the drivers of your products or make them somehow unidentified by the system in order for them not to be updated. Fix the problem. It is a disgrace to destroy our systems by "useful" updates.

Respond to this problem pleas!!!

When will the drivers be updated to allow these graphics cards / APUs to function?

My media center computer was built in 2012, shortly before the second generation APUs came out (running Llano A6-3500). There is no room in my case for an external graphics card.

The graphics drivers are obviously functional, or the 15.6 Beta version for Windows 8 wouldn't be functioning.

The "Windows Update" drivers do not allow me to play back my Blu-Ray movies at all and are as bad as nothing.

I've custom-built four AMD computers, and purchased two more, because I've always had good experiences with your support and drivers. I'm at a loss to explain why you would remove support so quickly for these devices which are still incredibly competent.

I want to continue to support AMD, but if I need to replace this computer because you all will not provide updated drivers for it, the next one will definitely not have an AMD APU in it.

Dear Ray and all,

I'm having problems playing videos in Edge (mostly YouTube videos) running the AMD Radeon HD 6320. Yes I used the windows 10 update method but no result.

I poole every trick in the book but the only thing that works fine is the STANDARD Microsoft driver. No video problems (and no extra options....)

It looks like some beta tester at your company did not do his job testing this...

No hard feelings Ray but please tell me there  is a real fix for this  (other than the uninstall, reboot update etc etc)

Regards

One of the most important things in a serious customer relationship is COMMUNICATION. Even if you have bad news.....

So what is the information any official of AMD can give me.

Please respond or this will be the last AMD I will ever buy.......

I have totally had it with this way of working. Thank you very much.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-04-2015 01:36 PM
Updated by:

Contributors