cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Troubleshooting Switchable Graphics issues under Windows® 10

Troubleshooting Switchable Graphics issues under Windows® 10

We are aware that some people are experiencing issues with switchable graphics after upgrading to Windows® 10 and installing the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 driver package. Switchable graphics allows you to use the low power integrated GPU when using 2D applications and switch to the high power discrete GPU when running 3D games and applications.

The following steps may help you troubleshoot the issue :

Check Product Compatibility

1. What is the laptop model ?
  2. What are the graphics cards in the laptop ?
  3. Does your hardware meet the requirements of Windows 10 ?

If your answer to question 3 is "YES" proceed with the steps detailed below. If your answer is "NO", your product does not meet Windows 10 requirements and you will be unable to install the AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 driver on this device.

Troubleshooting

• In the Windows Device Manager do you see both GPUs listed ? If not, you may need to enable the device(s) in the system BIOS or may need to update to the latest version of the BIOS which has been provided by your system manufacturer. Please contact the laptop manufacturer for assistance with configuring and upgrading the BIOS.

DM.jpg

or

dm4.png

• If you have an Intel graphics adapter as part of the switchable graphics configuration, is the display driver up-to-Date? If not, please install the latest display driver for the Intel Graphics adapter.
  • Is the Laptop running off the battery or is it plugged into a wall outlet ? High powered graphics mode will only be available when the laptop is running off a direct power connection.
  • Are display drivers for your product available from the Laptop manufacturer ? Have you tried them ?
  • After installing the AMD Catalyst Driver, are there any errors mentioned in the install log which is displayed at the end of the install ?
  • What was the last working driver? Are you able to revert to it ?
  • Is the option for switchable Graphic available when you right-click on the Desktop?

dm2.png

• Is the Option for Switchable Graphic available in AMD Catalyst Control Center ? These options will be listed under the Power Options menu item.

dm3.jpg

• Have you followed the laptop manufacturers instructions to how to enable Switchable Graphics?
Labels (1)
Comments

I have tested all this too!

pastedImage_0.png

The drivers of INTEL and AMD are the most up to date!

Simply not appear the switchable graphics.

I did a clean install of the drivers using the Guru3d, but also failed.

I do not know what else to do.

my card is RADEON HD 7650A.

What is the Intel graphics model and what is the driver version and date installed ?

pastedImage_0.png

10/07/2015

version 10.18.10.4252

But I think, it is INTEL GRAPHICS 4000

already I tried to update it in the WINDOWS UPDATE, and this is already the latest.

Who is the laptop manufacturer?

What is the EXACT model?

What was the original operating system?

I don't think the Intel driver is a HD4000

Can anybody give me all graphics card model number?

It is not a laptop.

It is a DELL Inspiron 2330, all in one.

My video card is Radeon HD 7650A.

And my switchable INTEL INTEL GRAPHICS is 4000

The original windows that came with my computer is 8.1.

It's a big laptop with laptop limitations. I suggest you go to  Intel support and download the correct laptop Intel drivers here. The AMD and switchable program will not work correctly without it. Download the drivers to your desktop..don't install them now. Download the latest AMD drivers here and save them to your desktop. Download DDU. Disconnect from the internet.

Using your computer control panel..uninstall a program, express uninstall all AMD software including the install manager. Do not reboot. Uninstall the Intel drivers. Now reboot into safe mode. Use DDU to uninstall all remaining AMD software, (you should have already downloaded this). Reboot into regular desktop.

Install the Intel drivers..reboot. Install the AMD drivers. Reboot.

You should be good to go.

I think I did it.

But I will try again.

Are the same DRIVERS who already tested

I'll try and come back here to tell you about.

what numbers do you need?

Don't use the drivers you previously downloaded...use the ones I linked you to.

Lenovo Z50-75 (R7+R7 260DX, FX-7500) Windows 10 64x, Catalyst 15.7.1

Dual Graphic works well with dx10+ games, but with dx9 games nearly frozen screen (3-4 fps, Guild Wars 1 and Guild Wars 2). Same type driver on win8.1 works good too. And second important thing: dual graphic allways flickering screen (dx9, no metter which OS using). I know thats technology for dx10+ games and only chance to enable dx9 its "AFR friendly" dual graphic mode, but please fix win10 driver like win8.1. i suposse thats easy job. Lot of people playing dual graphics laptops.

Unfortunately it failed.

I made using the drivers that you sent, but has not yet given.

the only difference was that it appeared this icon.

pastedImage_0.png

and when we click, it appears so

pastedImage_1.png

I am with this drive

pastedImage_2.png

and the INTEL is this

pastedImage_3.png

when I disable the INTEL and force it to use only AMD, it appears that:

pastedImage_4.png

which means: No AMD graphics drivers installed or they are not working properly. Install the AMD driver suitable for hardware AMD

since I made the update for WINDOWS 10 this is happening.

I hope I have been clear on this issue.

I thought of to format the computer and install Windows 10 from scratch.

but I do not believe that's the problem. I think it's something related to the CCC incompatibility with Windows 10.

still awaiting to solve this problem.

And I thank all who tried to help.

I have a Dell Inspiron 2330 and I am having the same problem of joséhenriquechiummo. I've tried everything and nothing works.

Yesterday I even tried putting the windows drivers as 8.1 insists strip

now the only thing I'm thinking is to format the computer and install the WINDOWS 10 from scratch!

but the chance to not work is great because're clear that the problem is the drivers for that computer.

Today I reinstalled Windows 10 from scratch and still not working. \o/

PS: Vi que vc também é brasileiro, então sugiro acompanhar por aqui tb: http://pt.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktops/f/79/p/41115/71062

Windows 10 64

GPU

AMD Radeon HD 8670D

AMD Radeon HD 8670D + R7 200 Dual Graphics

WP_20150815_05_43_37_Pro.jpg

Catalyst 15.7 & Graphics Driver Installer for Windows 10 64-Bit

after installing the driver and restarting the computer what I get..

Microsoft is aware of the issue and have all but said it is up to AMD to release a fix for it.

AMD Switchable Graphics not Working after Upgrading to Windows 10 - Microsoft Community

It has been mentioned that playing with an HDMI to a monitor seems to alleviate the problem for now. But Yes, those of us on switchable graphics need to stay on AMD for a hotfix, because of right now there really isn't any way to enable the switching of dynamic ala Win8.1 from the fixed Wind10 we have now. So in other words. . . GET ON IT AMD!~

1- i have HP Pavilion g6 1048se

2- Card AMD HD 6470M

3- My laptop met the requirements.

all in.PNG

i have NO switchable graphic option. and the update shows that i have AMD HD 7400M?

Estou com o mesmo problema, não aparecem as opções de gráficos alternáveis, tenho um hp pavilion g7 e vejo que muitas pessoas tem o mesmo problema que eu, já enviei dois pedidos de solução para a AMD, mas sem resposta...
Vou ter que restaurar para o windows 7 com os drivers originais e desatualizados, se não ajustarem isso garanto que a AMD perderá muitos e muitos clientes, clientes que eu poderia indicar e até mesmo a mim, que regularmente compro produtos da AMD...
pastedImage_0.png

I updated to Windows 10 but my switchable graphics option doesn't show up when i right click on the desktop. I have a lenovo Y40-80 laptop with AMD Radeon R9m275 graphics card.

I have a Lenovo G505s laptop with the AMD 8650G+8570M graphic cards, but it seems that the 8650G is the only one running and power saving mode is always on in the Catalyst Control Center whilst i'm on High Performance mode. I've tried a couple of different drivers, once my 8570M could idle on 300Mhz, but that was it. Now i'm on Windows 10, received a driver update today and i'm not even allowed to choose which graphics card to use in AMD PowerXpress...

My driver version: 15.200.1062.1004

Someone fix the problem?

Have the same issue as joséhenriquechiummo. Comment for subscribe.

PS. Leshcat Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2 don't fix an issue.

I have an Acer V5-552-PG

And I think my laptop is not using the GPU.

I have an AMD A10-5757M with AMD Radeon HD 8650G

And my Discrete card is HD8750M with 2GB VRam. My problem is as stated, I think my computer is not using my GPU at all. Another problem is that my GPU's memory seems to be used when I have nothing going on. I have this GPU moniter and it shows my VRam at 100% usage. While nothing is being played. I don't know if this this is a glitch. So I will leave it at that. I just need some clarification that I am not worrying for nothing at all

I have HP probook 450 with Intel HD graphics 4000+AMD radeon 8750m.When i installed my windows 10 and installed the catalyst control center software i restart my windows and it doesnt start up at all.It stuck at the windows logo and thats it! KAPUT! How to fix this! i downloader the 15.07 version of catalyst for windows 10 64bit driver.Help Please

Well, the 8570M in my Lenovo is just idling at 0 and won't even run... but i don't have the 100% usage on the 8650G though.

i am using hp envy 4 with amd ati radeon 7670m graphics card. is this card is capable to play 4k videos? it is full entertainment pc but when i play high level games like cod advance warfare its processor temp cross 95c. any solution?

I have the same problem and I already post like this question on forum, no answers. If its like this amd video cards is useless (. Maybe amd support make more attention on this really important issue? And many people have same problem that system do not wont to switch on AMD videocards and use only intel, cant play any game, and that's enough to stop buying amd products/

I have the same problem. I have a HP Pavilion DV7-4040ED and no switchable graphics are working unfortunately. Hopefully AMD will come with a fix soon. I have now 2 products with AMD graphics onboard and both are not working well!

Same issue here: HP Pavilion g6-1006ev laptop with an Intel i3 processor and Intel HD graphics and an AMD HD 6470M video card. Tried every single available driver accompanied by clean uninstallations using DDU and still no switchable graphics option. Also troubleshooting in my day involved answers, not questions.

Kidding aside though do resolve the issue! It's really ridiculous considering the fact you already had drivers out on day one for your new products, and there was time a-plenty.

Got the same problem: HP Pavilion g6-1078er with Intel i5, switchable Intel(R) HD graphics + AMD Radeon HD 6470M (7400M on windows 10), upgraded to Win 10 a month ago. Tried everything and nothing seems to work by now. There is no option for switchable graphics in Catalyst, the laptop basically runs on Intel. Need help please!

I have the Lenovo T400 and running the AMD Mobility HD3400 driver: AMD 8.97.10.6 dated 6/20/12 on Windows 8.1 64bit

I turned off switchable graphics in the bios and switched to discrete driver since I don't plan on ever using the laptop in battery only mode

Tried installing Windows 10, the install went fine without a hitch until it cane time to reboot. Then I received the dreaded black screen

I can hear the audio but no video.

Still waiting for an update.

I have HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook with switchable graphics bought year 2012.

I have had almost all the time problems with those 2 graphics drivers (AMD Radeon HD 6770 and Intel HD Graphics 3000)

HP or lets say AMD do not have made new switchable graphics drivers (for example for Windows 7) for years and everybody can see that internet is full of very disappointed and frustrated comments of that!

Now when I updated my Windows 7 to Windows 10 It became one big problem caused again by switchable graphics. Booting time became very long - terrible long!

It came black screen that lasted 1 minute 25 seconds!

When I took AMD driver away, that black screen was only 2-5 seconds!!

I discussed with Microsoft technician and he said that they put only the basic drivers to Windows 10 and this time it do not work normally.

HP and AMD are responsible for those correct drivers!

I have tried all those AMD drivers and everything do not work and I was very tired of not working AMD drivers.

But there is one good way to solve that problem!

I installed from Leshcatlabs.net (Catalyst 15.7 WHQL UnifL v1.2) graphics drivers

http://leshcatlabs.net/downloads_unfil/

And everything works fine - that blank screen is now only 3-5 seconds!

(First install Intel driver and then AMD driver and that is all!)

WHY IS THIS SO IMPOSSIBLE FOR AMD TO MAKE THOSE SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS DRIVERS WORK CORRECT??

(I seems that smaller computer labs could solve problems!)

I have the same problem and reverted back to windows 10. But the biggest problem i had is that windows 10 destroyed my battery and even my new battery is almost destroyed. Windows screen would flicker and it wasn't able to start windows at all anymore. With the new battery the problem was solved for a while. But then after a while it shutted down again without giving a message of an empty battery. When we would turn the laptop back on the screen started flickering again. There was no possbility to enter windows at all. Only thing we could do was remove the power cord and then we were able to log into windows. The battery wouldn't charge anymore though. I reverted to windows 7 and now the battery is charging again and i have no flickering when booting the system. Only problem is that somehow the laptop got extra slow.

Will do a complete clean install of windows again soon.

I have the Samsung and ATIV Book 8 which has the AMD Radeon HD 8770M graphics card and windows 10 64bit, and when ever i start the laptop it jsut frezes, so i boot it in the safe mode it is all good, the only way how i can use my lap top is to switch off the amd card and use only intel one. When i try to update the driver everything just frezes and the cooler starts to run really loud and the laptop overheats. The version of the driver on the amd card is: 15.200.1065.0 from 21 july 15.

pastedImage_9.png

Hi all,

I have the same issue as Runis. My model is samsung series 7 chronos with the same AMD Radeon HD 8770M graphics card and windows 10 64bit. In the beginning, there was no issue. One day, when I was playing dota 2, suddenly I got a BSOD and from there on, I have same issue as Runis. Can anyone help me on this?

Hi! I´m having the black screen with sound issue too, it is getting so annoying, I can´t play any game because the driver crashes, it says "driver stopped working and has recovered" it happens with shadow of mordor, max payne 3, far cry 3, sometimes with just cause 2 and skyrim, almost every game crashes. It seems to be ramdomly and crashes in different places in game every time.

My laptop model is Hp pavilion 14 v009LA, AMD APU A10 5745M, Radeon HD 8610G and a dedicated card Radeon R7 M260, 8GB RAM.

It start crashing after upgrade to windows 10. With windows 8.1 i could play for hours with no problem. I´ve tried uninstall the drivers with DDU in secure boot for a clean install. I have installed since 15.7 up to 15.10 (since 15.9.1 it causes a boot loop and had to unistall the drivers), after that i tried to underclock with MSI afterburner, ran the games as admin, ran the games in low, medium and high settings and resolutions, tried the compatibility mode (win xp,7,8), installed the drivers provided by Hp and the drivers from windows update. Nothing seems to work and it is driving me crazy. I was thinking my graphics card was dying but then found all the threads with the same problem. I don´t know what else to do. Hope you guys can fix it soon.

No switchable graphics options on desktop right-click, and no settings tabs in CCC (except "pinned,presets,information")

Sony Vaio VPCSA3J1E with Intel HD3000 & AMD HD6630M.

Intel Dev ID:    PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0116&SUBSYS_907B104D&REV_09

Intel Version:    9.17.10.4229    2015/05/27

AMD Dev ID:    PCI\VEN_1002&DEV_6741&SUBSYS_907B104D&REV_00

AMD Version:    15.200.1062.1004    2015/08/03

Fresh install, installed only windows update drivers and no Device Manager errors, both drivers are correctly loaded.

GPU-Z reports AMD GPU sensors correctly, however it is never used because the screen is "attached" on Intel GPU,

and so except for programs where you can choose the GPU to run on, they all default to the Intel one.

If you have a laptop with switchable Intel+AMD graphics..please note that older 2nd generation Intel processors with Intel HD2000/3000 graphics do not support Windows 10, no matter what discrete graphics card that you have. There are no drivers for Windows 10 for these graphics. The basic Windows driver will be installed, and you lose any 'switchable' function. 

Laptops with switchable AMD/Intel graphics Windows 10 support

Just recently my amd control panel and the switchable graphics option both work then all the sudden i want to switch it and they both still show up when i right click but for some reason it doesn't open. i go to task manager and i see that whenever i open it windows problem reporter (or something like that) opens up and when i try to open the graphics control panel windows explorer restarts. I've gone into the file location tried opening as admin doesn't work, they still show up in my device manager and it seems i'm having no other problem except for the fact that they wont open. If anyone thinks they can help it would be much appreciated and id love to give more information.

i also forgot to mention i was running on windows 10 for a while and it always worked but for some reason now it stopped

I am experiencing this issue with my computer also. I thought I would provide the following details to help AMD find a fix for this issue:

I have a Dell Inspiron One 2330 AIO running Windows 10 Home with the following graphics cards:

AMD Radeon HD 7600A Series - Driver Version: 15.201.1151.1007

Intel HD Graphics 4000 - Driver Version: 10.18.10.4252

I have the latest driver version for both cards installed.

There is no option available for Switchable Graphics either on the desktop (using right click) or via the AMD Catalyst Control Center.

When I go to Display Settings under Control Panel, Windows reports the Intel card is being used. There is no option to change this.

When I play Starcraft 2 the game internal settings reports to be using the Intel card. There is no option to change this.

Switchable Graphics Not Working

AMD need to do something

Same Problem

No switchable Graphics

Windows 10 64Bit

HP Probook 450 G0

Intel HD Graphics 4000

AMD Radeon HD 8600/8700M

Fix required

hi i dont have windows 10 ,i have 8.1 but is the same issue, i'm trying to activate just my GPU and don't use APU anymore or use GPU in all the games... something like, the ideea is i have all the options i try to switch the graphic from catalyst and i belive it still reconize just my APU for exemple in catayst say something like APU primary, GPU linked,can someone help me if u need screen shots let me know

i've got exactly the same problem, my latop modelis hp pavilion g4 1026tx

intel hd3000 graphics and amd hd6xxx which show hd7400 series with crimson

no switchable mode in CCC and when i open CCC it even show me error message, but i am okto enter CCC with older Catalyst which recongnise it as 6xxx

Your laptop Intel HD3000 graphics are not supported under Windows 10. There are no compatible drivers for switchable graphics. Your best bet is to revert to the OS the laptop was designed for.

If you google AMD HD6--- vs AMD HD7400 you will find they are the same...just rebranded.

Laptops with switchable AMD/Intel graphics Windows 10 support

thank you so much, i have reverted back to windows 7, but still have the switchable options missing,

the only way i can turn the switchable graphics options is driver from hp official driver's page, which is an very very old driver.

the switchable functinos works with that driver, but it have so many errors and bug that i can't tolerate, hdmi is not functioning, opencl is not working properly etc.

Switchable idea is really completely crap.everyone is complaining about that.

have already try the leshcatlabs driver, still not working, the switchable options just missing,sad.

I have problems with the switchable cards. I configure on the Switchable Graphics application for FSX Steam edition and the SWOR, the system doesn´t use the Radeon R9 M275X. My specs:

OS Name    Microsoft Windows 10 Home

Version    10.0.10586 Build 10586

System Manufacturer    LENOVO

System Model    20347

System Type    x64-based PC

System SKU    LENOVO_MT_20347_BU_idea_FM_Lenovo Y40-70

Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4500U CPU @ 1.80GHz, 2401 Mhz, 2 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)

BIOS Version/Date    LENOVO 99CN24WW(V1.07), 28/7/2014

SMBIOS Version    2.7

Embedded Controller Version    0.36

BIOS Mode    UEFI

Name    AMD Radeon R9 M275X

Adapter Description    AMD Radeon R9 M275X

Adapter RAM    (2,147,483,648) bytes

Installed Drivers    aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,aticfx64.dll,amdxc64.dll,aticfx32,aticfx32,aticfx32,amdxc32,atiumd64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atidxx64.dll,atiumdag,atidxx32,atidxx32,atiumdva,atiumd6a.cap,atitmm64.dll

Driver Version    15.300.1025.1001

Name    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Adapter Description    Intel(R) HD Graphics Family

Adapter RAM    1.00 GB (1,073,741,824 bytes)

Installed Drivers    igdumdim64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd10iumd64.dll,igd12umd64.dll,igdumdim32,igd10iumd32,igd10iumd32,igd12umd32

Driver Version    20.19.15.4331

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎08-11-2015 02:35 PM
Updated by:

Contributors