cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FAQ: Windows® 10 Driver and AMD Graphics Product Compatibility

FAQ: Windows® 10 Driver and AMD Graphics Product Compatibility

This document provides answers to frequently asked questions about Windows® 10 drivers and AMD graphics product compatibility.

Will my graphics adapter work in Windows® 10 if it does not support DirectX® 12?

The following products should work fully in Windows® 10 but will not support DirectX® 12 specific features.

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.3 and DirectX® 11 on Windows® 10:

• AMD Radeon™ HD 8470 and HD 8350 for OEM systems
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series Graphics for OEM systems (HD 7670 and below)
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series Graphics for notebooks (HD 7600M and below)
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 6000 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 Series/AMD Mobility Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.3 and DirectX® 11 on Windows® 10

• AMD A4-7300 APUs
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-5000 Series APUs (except A4-5000, A4-5100, and A6-5200)
  • AMD A4/A6/A8/A10-4000 Series APUs

NOTE: If your graphics adapter is included on the list of supported products above, please install the latest AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows® 10 to fully enable its feature set. AMD Catalyst™ Driver can be downloaded from: http://www.amd.com/drivers/external-link.jspa?url=http://www.amd.com/drivers

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 1.1 and DirectX® 10.1:

• ATI Radeon™ HD 4000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 3000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000 Series Graphics
  • ATI Radeon™ HD 2000 Series /ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics

These graphics products must be installed using display driver version: 8.970.100.9001. This driver is provided as a courtesy and only available via Windows Update. Please enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

NOTE: ATI Radeon™ HD 4000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 4000, ATI Radeon™ HD 3000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 3000, and ATI Radeon™ HD 2000/ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 2000 Series Graphics reached peak performance optimization on October, 2013. No additional driver releases are planned for these products.

The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, please DO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.

Can I use Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.1 graphics driver for Windows® 10?

No. You should only use the official AMD Catalyst™ Driver for Windows 10 or use Windows​ Update to install a suitable driver for your product.

Should I upgrade my graphics drivers before updating my existing OS to Windows® 10?

When installing Windows® 10, the OS will install standard drivers for the graphics adapter. Once the OS installation is complete, you can then download and install the latest AMD Catalyst™ drivers from the AMD website.​

Which AMD graphics products can fully support Windows® 10?

The following Discrete AMD Radeon™ Graphics products support up to WDDM 2.0, DirectX® 12 and will provide the complete Windows® 10 experience:

• AMD Radeon™ R9 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ R7 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ R5 Series Graphics (R5 240 and up)
  • AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series and Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000 Series Graphics for OEM systems (HD 8570 and up)
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8000M Series Graphics for notebooks
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 Series Graphics (HD 7730 and up)
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000M Series Graphics for notebooks (HD 7730M and up)

The following AMD APU products support up to WDDM 2.0, DirectX® and will provide the complete Windows® 10 experience:

• AMD A6/A8/A10/FX-8000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4 Pro/A6 Pro/A8 Pro/A10 Pro/A12 Pro-8000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6/A8/A10/FX-7000 Series APUs (except A4-7300 APUs)
  • AMD A4 Pro/A6 Pro/A8 Pro/A10 Pro-7000 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/E2/A4/A6-6#10 Series APUs
  • AMD E1/A4/A10 Micro-6000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4-5000, A4-5100 and A6-5200 APUs
  • AMD Athlon 5000 series APUs
  • AMD Sempron 2650 and 3850 APUs
  • AMD E1-2000 Series and E2-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD A4/A6-1000 Series APUs

Windows® 10 compatibility checker indicates that my graphics adapter isn't supported, but according to AMD, it is.

If your graphics adapter is on the AMD supported products list, please ignore the error message.  We are working with Microsoft®​ to correct the issue.​

​​​​

How do I know if my current system hardware is compatible with Windows® 10?

The Windows® 10 Compatibility Checker should be used to verify hardware compatibility.  The Checker is part of “The Get Windows 10” app, which is being delivered via Windows Update.  In order to obtain The Get Windows 10 app from Windows Update, your system must have KB3035583​ installed.

My current graphics adapter supports DirectX® 11; will I see performance drop if I make the switch to Windows® 10?

Performance should not be affected since DirectX® 11 is supported by Windows® 10. However, the graphics adapter will not be able to take advantage of DirectX® 12 enhancements.​

Will DirectX® 9 and DirectX® 10 games be compatible with Windows® 10?

Yes. DirectX® 9 and DirectX® 10 games will continue to work in Windows® 10.​

Labels (1)
Comments

turns out the fix is to use DDU, then reinstall 15.7.1

I have a ATI FirePro (FireGL) 2460.  I run 3 to four monitors, as of now I can only run 2 monitors in WIN10.  so from what I read the drivers for this card is not going to be updated ever?

Thanks....

AMD Catalyst (15.200.1062.1004 August 3) Mobile/APU/Legacy Win 10 x64

<< Please do not provide direct links to software/drivers not from amd.com>>

If you wish to share the link, provide suggestions on how they may be found but do not ink directly.

I'll try them out very soon.

Installing the AMD Catalyst 15.6 Beta Driver for Windows fixed my Video Playback issues.

Thank you for the tip!  this is the type of help this forum needs. Solutions;  For all other who still have an issue with there Specific Graphics Cards, I hope someone brings a solution to you too.

Thank again!

I just wanted to comment and say that because of this policy and the customer service reactions, I will not be buying any AMD graphics cards or processors in the future. This isn't just idle talk, I previously built computers using only AMD as I liked the performance and value. I am building a computer for myself and another for my wife now and will not be ordering any AMD products. I do not like being lied to by your technicians on this forum. Your customers are not dumb, this isn't a technical limitation. At least you could say it's not financially viable for us to support our old products anymore, or that we only support our products for X amount of years. Maybe if your competition didn't provide fantastic support, this wouldn't be such an issue. But they do. Goodbye from a former customer.

I do have a radeaon HD3870, juste upgraded windows 10, but no pilot... therfore my screen resolution is crap...
Any help ??

Unfortunately, the HD3870 does not meet Windows 10 requirements.

hi,

i have a similar problema.

I have a laptop (asus X54H with 7 Home Premium 64bits, Radeon HD6470M 1GB) and when I did upgrade to Windows 10 (on August 1, 2015), the display does not give any image (starts with image and through the startup disappears).
I connected an external monitor and check that the w10 is functional.

I upgraded the drive with "amd-catalyst-15.7.1-win10-64bit" and the problem keeps. The display laptop remains black.

My conclusion: HD6470M is not compatible with W10.
AND have provision for the resolution? Or will be?

Thanks.

Ok guys, a month has gone, cut the bs and release working drivers for hd5000 (and all others experiencing problems of course). Last Catlyst+drivers was just a failure, now wake up and fix the problems.

Thank you.

You appear to have a notebook with switchable Intel + AMD graphics.

In order for the AMD drivers to install properly, you must FIRST make sure that the Intel Graphics drivers are updated properly.

Kingfish has provided instructions on how to do this several times on this forum.

I know, and I -could say "we" cause I wasn't the only one trying to solve the problem following his intructions- repeated the prucedure he described many times, I appreciate his and your help, but nothing changed, it simply didn't worked. I really think I'm going to ban AMD from my future purchases.

Notebooks with switchable Intel + AMD graphics has been customized by the manufacturer.

If the standard installation instructions do not work, you will need to contact the manufacturer for assistance.

You know what? I tried again just because I thught "maybe they fixed something, if not why he would insist..." I was already back in windows 7 -cause yeah, last drivers for Win 10 DON'T WORK, PERIOD- so I just installed catalyst for Win7 64 laptops. And AGAIN everything is f***ed up!

So please, stop selling me excuses, it's just that AMD has did an awful job with last catalyst+drivers for HD5000 series, and from what I read for HD6000 series as well.
Now I'll have to g back t previous versions f both catalyst and drivers.
JUST FIX YOUR NEW DRIVERS AND STOP TALKING ABOUT UNEFFECTIVE SOLUTIONS, AND IT'S NOT A MANUFATURER ISSUE, BEFORE YOUR LAST UPDATES MY PC WAS JUST WORKING GREAT!

I just want to share my experiences with Windows 10.

3 years ago, I built my own PC using the mid-to-high range parts with Windows 7 Pro. Everything was great.

Then came the Windows 10 icon, egging me to upgrade. I must say that I am very much tempted to upgrade, at the same time, afraid that something would go wrong.

So after making a backup of my files, I decided to go for it. I upgraded last August 25. But after just 2 days enjoying Windows 10, I experienced the dreaded RSoD.

I rebooted the PC, ran a full memory test - no problems there.

I then opened up the PC, cleaning out the fans and heatsinks, thinking the cause could be some sort of overheating. I turned it back on, and after an hour or so, (thinking the problem might have been solved), RSoD again.

But this time, it won't even boot up. So I brought the PC to the shop where I bought the parts and asked them to test each component. Guess what? My N660 was running, but was heating up fast. My processor ... well, it's busted.

So I had to buy replacement parts ... a motherboard, a processor, and a video card. Once I reinstalled Windows 7, I immediately upgraded to Windows 10 and re-installed my games. With the warranty on the new parts, I am now very much happy running on Intel and NVidia.

All those with "unsupported" cards, try downloading legacy drivers for Windows 8.1 straight from AMD's download page (either version 13.1 or 13.4 beta). Launch the .exe file and it will decompress in c:\AMD\

Should the installer fail to work, you can manually update the driver from the device manager, choosing "look for drivers on my computer", then "select driver from a list", then "have disk" and browse to the AMD folder until you find the 32 or 64 bit driver (it is an *.inf file) and your card should work as it did under your previous OS.

Works for me on a Mobility Radeon HD 4650!

Can I use Windows® 7 or Windows® 8.1 graphics driver for Windows® 10?

No. You should only use the official AMD Catalyst Driver for Windows 10 or use Windows Update to install a suitable driver for your product.

Yes you can, Windows 8.1 are plenty suitable.

For 6000 series APU you have to use 15.6 drivers as long as you care about DXVA support. The performance with those driver is still not as good as on Windows 7. Also the driver is far from stable - mostly "Graphic driver has stopped working and has been recovered" occurs when playing videos using Firefox. On some videos the issue is 100% reproducible.

All other drivers provides significantly lower performance, causes shuttering or BSODs issues or does not support DXVA.

Modded .inf for Wrestler APUs cards for Win10

Added support for the following cards:

AMD9640.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6550D"

AMD9641.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6620G"

AMD9642.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6370D"

AMD9643.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6380G"

AMD9644.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6410D"

AMD9645.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6410D"

AMD9647.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6520G"

AMD9648.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6480G"

AMD9649.1 = "AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6480G"

AMD964A.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6530D"

AMD9802.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics"

AMD9803.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6310 Graphics"

AMD9804.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics"

AMD9805.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6250 Graphics"

AMD9806.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6320 Graphics"

AMD9807.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 6290 Graphics"

AMD9808.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 7340 Graphics"

AMD9809.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 7310 Graphics"

AMD980A.1 = "AMD Radeon HD 7290 Graphics"

Since links are not allowed here, you can find it on Guru3D forums in Videocards - AMD Radeon Catalyst Drivers Section ->  "15.8 drivers here." thread, page 2, post#31

I installed them on the top of old drivers (15.6 beta from Windows 8.1 x64) using "disable driver signature enforcement" mode. Once installed it will work in normal boot mode.

DXVA works.

From my experience (although not with graphics cards drivers), "disable driver signature enforcement mode" was only necessary once, to install the desired unsigned driver, which would then load normally after a normal reboot under Windows 8.1.

It might be different under Windows 10, as you specifically advise to use the special boot mode all the time (which is a pain unless you can make it permanent). Can you please confirm?

Did you simply edit the inf file to add the desired product codes? Could you please explain what your modifications consist in?

Thanks!

Thank you for this overview.

But I am still missing some information. According this thread (somewhere below) the HD6320 is a HD4000 series and therefore not supporting WDDM 1.2.

And for that reason not suitable for windows 10.

However when I am checking an older driver data sheet this support (WDDM 1.2) is granted for this chipset

See:

(This snipped is from AMD Catalyst Windows 8.1 driver)

WDDM 1.2 driver model support for the:

• AMD Accelerated Processors (Llano) for Desktop or Notebook PCs, including:
    • A8-3870K, A8-3850, A8-3820, A8-3800, A8-3550MX, A8-3530MX, A8-3520M, A8-3510MX, A8-3500M, A6-3670K, A6-3650, A6-3620, A6-3600, A6-3430MX, A6-3420M, A6-3410MX, A6-3400M, A4-3420, A4-3400, A4-3330MX, A4-3320M, A4-3310MX, A4-3305M, A4-3300M, E2-3000M, E2-3200
  • AMD Accelerated Processors (Brazos) for Desktop, Notebook or Tablet, including:
    • C-30, C-50, C-60, C-70, E1-1200, E1-1500, E2-1800, E2-2000, E-240, E-300, E-350, E-450, Z-01, Z-60
  • AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series
  • AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series
  • AMD Radeon HD 5000M Series
  • AMD Radeon HD 6000M Series
  • AMD Z-Series APU
  • AMD FirePro A320 APU, AMD FirePro A300 APU
  • ATI FirePro V9800. AMD FirePro V9800P
  • ATI FirePro V8800
  • AMD FirePro V7900, AMD FirePro V7900 SDI
  • ATI FirePro V7800, AMD FirePro V7800P
  • AMD FirePro V5900
  • ATI FirePro V5800, ATI FirePro V5800 DVI
  • AMD FirePro V4900
  • ATI FirePro V4800
  • AMD FirePro V3900
  • ATI FirePro V3800
  • ATI FirePro 2460, AMD FirePro 2270
  • AMD FireStream 9370, AMD FireStream 9350
  • AMD FirePro M8900 Series
  • AMD FirePro M5950 Series
  • AMD FirePro M7820 Series
  • AMD FirePro M5950 Series
  • AMD FirePro M3900 Series

For me the latest drivers install just fine (5.7.1), but hardware  accelerated video (DXVA)  is not supported. Is this because a compatibility issue with Windows 10 (it was supported  in all earlier versions) Or is it not yet finished and will it be supported soon?

There seems no technical issue because when I install the earlier Win 8.1 driver it works just fine.

what sucks about installing the 15.6 beta drivers for Win 8.1 in Win10 is that even though they technically work and give me perfect DXVA playback again they are not seen as recent drivers or something. Last week the regular windows update replaced the ATI drivers with a new version of the Microsoft drivers .... breaking DXVA again. So I had to reinstall the beta drivers once again, further there is no guarantee how long these will last or will be available for download.

These cards run just fine under Win10, I do no need new features, do not game on my machine, don't need DX12 ....... just release the 15.6 final driver for Win10 and label it a "legacy driver" or something, so I can at least have a supported configuration. I am fine with staying in the legacy branch for the coming years. I already run a gaming ATI card in my PS4, so I'm already a customer for gaming configurations as well!!

this is all just marketing/sales talking here. The 15.6 beta win 8.1 driver is working perfectly in Win10 so no reason at all in not releasing it for these cards.

Probably won't be supported due to marketing (not technical) reasons. Official statement is that the cards won't be supported, allegedly due to their not meeting Win10 requirements, which, as we know, is false.

Customer pressure/discontent might eventually change things as more and more people with older computers update to Win10 only to discover the quality of AMD's support, or lack thereof. Leaving hundreds of thousands of customers behind with a functional yet unsupported allegedly obsolete product is inexplicable, unless by a deliberate marketing strategy.

Apparently, those "legacy" cards will never get official AMD support for Windows 10 due to marketing (not technical) reasons. Official statement is that the cards won't be supported, allegedly due to their not meeting Win10 requirements, which, as we know, is false.

Customer pressure/discontent might eventually change things as more and more people with older computers update to Win10 only to discover the quality of AMD's support, or lack thereof. Leaving hundreds of thousands of customers behind with a functional yet unsupported allegedly obsolete product is inexplicable, unless by a deliberate marketing strategy.

Yes, in this particular case you are right - one installed in "disable driver signature enforcement" mode the driver will load and work in normal boot as well.

Thank you, that is what I though! Any insight on your mods to force the driver to support your card?

This mod confirms that they just don't want to support 6000 series APUs on Windows 10 and they do it on purpose. Just laziness and not caring

Would you help me do the same, or at least give it a shot,for the Mobility Radeon HD 4650, please?
Re: I recently upgraded to windows 10 from Windows 7 64bit on my Dell Inspiron n5010 but it does not...

Never mind, i have visiter Guru3D forum and ther is a tool dedicated to such modifications. I'll give it a try.

Hi. If you can help me... My problem is that I have a new laptop, processor i5, 8 Gb RAM, and a graphic card AMD Radeon R5 M230. I use a software called Autodock vina, and the version 2.5.1 of python, and I don't know why the graphics look so bad. It's like a mesh and with my last laptop (HP Pavillion, graphic card Intel Microsoft graphics)  before this one (LENOVO with above specifications) the graphics with autodock vina and the same version of python looked so good.

This is the best I can get with the new one:

pastedImage_0.png

and this is from the last laptop HP pavillion:

pastedImage_1.png

So if you could at least explain me why this is happening I will appreciate it.

(Sorry about my grammatical. English is not my native language)

I think you are in the wrong thread, but I think it must be some kind of wrong configuration. Try to find something about "Enable hardware acceleration" and try to enable or disable it and see what happens.

Hi

I have a samsung NP305U1A-A05CO notebook with E 450 APU / hd6320 graphics i updated to the last catalyst driver but only install the tools end the graphics driver is still the microsoft released with windows 10

Youtube videos can only be seen in full screen mode, and windows media player cant reproduce most of my videos, only audio is heared no matter of the codecs or players you install. only VLC works randomy some times. I cant play from DLNA devices (only audio).

When can we count with a working driver?

Thanks

Thanks, works perfect in my samsung  np305u1a-a05co (APU e450 / hd6320)  with Windows 10 home 64 bits, now y can play youtube videos on edge in windowed mode, play hd videos without cuts, play all my mp4, mkv and divx on windows media, and play from my DMS server (DLNA)

please help I have tried these steps you set above, can you help me please........when I try to install they give me an error, I also disable the driver signage and same error

What error did you got? What card do you have?

I have a AMD A6-3420M apu, AMD Radeon HD 6520G (HP) graphics......it dosent give a error code just states there was an error installing drivers

Hmm, I don't know them. I would try to use Display Driver Uninstaller in safe mode and then make sure you followed up the procedure correctly

Re: AMD Catalyst 15.8 Beta for Windows is now available

I downloaded 15.8 and still won't install drivers

and ddu won't work in windows 10

Hi,there.

I wonder if your Graphic Card work well with 14.11 Driver?

After Ver. 14.11, when playing games, screen gets flickering, really annoying.

Graphic Card is HD8970M

Hello,

Any ideas for brightness control on amd radeon HD 6300 m series for win 10?

I've already try all the suggestions above but still the same result no brightness control it's either 100% or 0%.

Asus K52JU

AMD Radeon HD 6300 M series

thanks worked like a charm!

I just had some difficulties installing the drivers. after copying the .inf file I right clicked and installed, then went  to device manager,  update driver, browse, let me pick, and the new driver was there !

thanks a lot !

Enter ' Asus laptop black screen'  in the search box. It has been talked to death.

Also read from the Windows 10 gaming forum > Change screen brightness - Windows Help -

Thanks for this, I also have HD6320 so needed the modded inf for win 10.

The only way to have brightness control in my laptop is if i use win7 drivers, but nothing else works properly.

And please don't explain me how to change the brightness on windows, it seems like you are kidding me.

I'm not here to kid anyone. That article came from the Windows 10 forum in a response to the same question you asked....take it or leave it dude. If you would read the Asus blackscreen posts...you would find this has been going on for quite awhile and there are work -arounds that have solved the issue for some...that don't include using a incorrect driver. I would go into more detail, but I won't. So ......ahh have a good day.

The first thing I did when I start searching the web for hawsers to my problem was checking under windows settings if everything was right.

The only thing that isn't has explained in windows forum is the automatic adjustment, but that feature I think only appears in tablets, because laptops don't have a brightness sensor, at least mine doesn't.

I don't have any problem like Asus laptop black screen.

This most likely is a driver problem because if I install Win7 64 bit driver, brightness control works fine, I can increase or decrease from 0 to 100%,but then I can't play videos on vlc or wmp or even on youtube.

If I install any other driver, for win8,win10,win10 with modified .inf...etc.... every thing works fine except brightness control, in this case brightness is always maximum until it retches 61% them it goes almost completely black.

Do you understand now what I'm trying to explain?

Currently my Windows 10 Pro - continually updates the graphic drivers regardless which version of the AMD CCC i try to put in.

I have installed 4 times now 15.7.1 and after installation it is fine, after 3 - 5 reboots Windows 10 decides that these are not the correct drivers and updates it with something else - now my Raptr App constantly comes up advising that there is a 15.7.1 driver update...

I have tried a number of ways to stop the windows 10 updates but nothing works - Win10 forces the user to have the most updated patch regardless if it is optimal for the user or not - which is very frustrating since i have a very particular setup 3x monitors / 3x R9 290's..

Please work with Microsoft to ensure that we are not constantly FORCED to have a GPU driver that Microsoft wants.... it's driving me nuts

And yes i have followed the correct way to re-install my drivers so don't gimmi any of that DDU crap...

I have my dekstop connected to my tv through a hdmi cable and to my monitor through a dvi cable (only possibility on de the graphics card). I have allways watched movies from my desktop using total media theatre/powerdvd 15 on my tv. With no problems. Also watching 3d movies was great. But now i have updated the driver to catalyst 15.7.1 and to windows 10.But now when I want to watch a 3d movie , it plays on the tv but just in normal mode, even if settings are 3d. When I turn on the movie on my pc, it does show in 3d.

Can someone help how to figure out what to do so I can watch my 3d movies again on my tv?

Thanks allready

I have a E2-1800 APU with HD 7340 graphics on a Zotac device that i use for HTPC with kodi. Since allways i have checked the option to notify my when there is a new stable driver.I have installed a Catalyst 14.x driver,  and it notified me that there is a newer 15.x. So i went and installed the 'new' driver only to find that it not support DXVA Video acceleration, making my device basically useless for the porpuse i use it. I reverted back the driver to the last installed and it's working again with DXVA video acceleration.

This situation is obviously fault of AMD. Either not notifies my of a new driver that actualy gives worse capabilities or, if notifies me, at least, support the same features!!

Note that all of this is on windows 7!!

I think there must be some clarification by AMD on these systems, not only referent to windows 10, but  Windows 7 and up too,

I don't understand what "supported" means by AMD standards,I mean I repair computers for a living and I have been able to install display drivers for pretty much every ATI/AMD GPU since the Ati 9550,this includes the radeon x200m,the radeon x1200 the x1300,x1600 pro,radeon 9550 pro,radeon hd 2600XT radeon 3450 and the one that my brother has,the radeon hd 4650.Many people fail to understand that just because you don't have CCC/Vision control center it doesn't mean that windows 10 will not use your gpu.Yes,some controls are unavailable but many controls are available using RadeonPRO,and,by updating the driver via device manager(works most of the time,if it does not you can always force the driver) you get a fully functional GPU with WDDM display drivers and the GPU is actually used to render games and the UI,hardware acceleration works just fine for both flash and HTML5,DXVA works ok also.There are some minor issues here and there when using very old gpus with the cat 10.2 driver(the last wddm driver for the radeon x series) such as the black screen boot but this is easily solvable by turning off fast startup.This also applies to all Nvidia cards since the geforce 5 ,on the intel side things are a but sketchy,no PowerVR based GPU supports windows 8.x/10,also some GMA IGPs such as the GMA900 are a bit slow but other than that everything works just fine.

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎07-29-2015 10:34 AM
Updated by:

Contributors