cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

AMD Radeon™ Software Support for Legacy Graphics Products

​​​AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™ HD 8000 (​D/G variants), Radeon™ HD 7000 Series (HD 7600 and below), Radeon™ HD 6000 Series, and Radeon™ HD 5000 Series Graphics products have been moved to a legacy support model and no additional driver releases are planned. This change enables us to dedicate valuable engineering resources to developing new features and enhancements for graphics products based on the GCN Architect​ure.

As a courtesy to our valued supporters we are providing a final Beta driver together with the release of the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition. The AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta driver includes the redesigned user interface as well as some enhanced features. More information can be found in the AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition 16.1 for Non GCN Products Release Notes. This driver is provided "as is" and will not be supported with further updates, upgrades or bug fixes.

For users looking for a WHQL certified driver, the AMD Catalyst™ 15.7.1 driver will continue to be available for users running Windows® 10, Windows® 8.1, and Windows® 7.

Users running Windows® Vista and older Microsoft® operating systems can use the AMD Catalyst™ 13.12 driver.

Users running supported Linux distributions can use the AMD Catalyst™ 15.12 proprietary drivers. These drivers are available for download on the Drivers + Download Center page.

For users passionate about gaming, you may wish to consider upgrading to a modern GPU and benefit from exciting new features, improved performance, lower power consumption and broader compatibility with the latest PC games. For information about resellers and product availability, visit: http://shop.amd.com

NOTE: Before upgrading ensure that your system meets the requirements of the graphics adapter, such as:

• Motherboard with compatible graphics card slot
  • Adequate power supply unit to handle the complete system power requirements
  • Display with compatible connections

AMD Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta Driver

Applicable Products:

• AMD Radeon™ R5 235X, Radeon™ R5 235, Radeon R5™ 230, Radeon™​ R5 220 Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 8470, Radeon™ HD 8350, Radeon™​ HD 8000 (D/G variants) Series Graphics​
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 7000 – HD 7600 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 (including A/D/G/M variants) Series Graphics
  • AMD Radeon™ HD 5000 (including M variant) Series Graphics

Applicable Operating Systems:

• Windows® 10 (32 & 64-bit versions)
  • Windows® 8.1 (32 & 64-bit versions)
  • Windows® 7 (32 & 64-bit versions)

Users with AMD Radeon HD 4000 Series and older products looking for driver support, please refer to KB article:  Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and Older Series

Labels (1)
Comments

DisplayPort to HDMI 2.0 support:
Provides full support for DisplayPort to HDMI® 2.0 connections via certified dongles.

Resolved Issues:

• [57198] GTA V - game crashes with a TDR error
  • [59298] FInal Fantasy XIV: Heavensward - game crashes when run in DirectX® 11 mode on some AMD Radeon™ R9 390x series products
  • [76921] The AMD Radeon Settings application does not use the system default browser when launching web content
  • [77703] A crackling noise is heard when running a 3D application in AMD Crossfire™ mode with Vsync enabled
  • [78455] Autodesk Max 2016 - A crash may be experienced when launching the application on some AMD Radeon™ products
  • [78465] Prepar3D® - A TDR error may be experienced when launching the application on some AMD Radeon™ R9 200 and AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series products
  • [80838] A TDR error may be experienced when playing fullscreen video using the Windows® 10 Movies & TV app on some laptops with AMD processors and GPU's
  • [80840] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Poor scaling may be experienced when launching the game in AMD Crossfire™ mode
  • [80939] Secondary adapter may display error code 43 when enabling/disabling AMD Crossfire™
  • [81499] AMD Freesync™ does not function on some Intel + AMD laptop systems under Windows® 7 and Windows® 8.1
  • [81531] Assassin's Creed Syndicate - Flickering may be observed on rain drops that fall on in game characters
  • [81593] A BSOD error may be encountered when launching Bluray / Windows Media Player with a wireless display
  • [81790] Skype - The system may hang when connecting to a 1080p video call
  • [81827] Tom Clancy's Rainbow Six Siege - Random corruption may be experienced in-game
  • [99999] AMD Freesync™ does not function if a Youtube video is playing alongside a 3D application

Issues Resolved since AMD Catalyst 15.7.1 and included in this driver

• [58233] Ashes of the Singularity™ may fail to launch on some GPUs with 2GB Video Memory.
  • [58435] Driver installation may halt on some configurations
  • [58450] Some BENQ 144hz Freesync™ monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
  • [58485] Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
  • [58485] Anti Aliasing settings not being retained after changes are applied
  • [58495] DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX® 11 mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
  • [58646] Assassin's Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled
  • [58677] World of Warships may crash on some AMD Radeon HD5000 and HD6000 series products
  • [58781] The DirectX® Diagnostic tool does not report DirectX® 12 available on supported products
  • [58800] Dragon Age: Inquisition may crash if launched in Mantle mode
  • [59081] The AMD Catalyst Control Center 'update' option fails to download the latest driver
  • [59403] Ashes of the Singularity™ ‐ A 'Driver has stopped responding' error may be experienced in DirectX® 12 mode
  • [59474] Diablo 3 crashes in the Act 2 Desolate Sands area of the game
  • [76924] A TDR error may be experienced while toggling between minimized and maximized mode while viewing 4K YouTube content
  • [76930] Intermittent playback issues with Cyberlink PowerDVD when connecting to a 3D display with an HDMI™ cable
  • [77073] Star Wars™: Battlefront is able to use high performance graphics when launched on mobile devices with switchable graphics
  • [77176] A TDR error is experienced when launching Star Wars™: Battlefront while a You Tube video plays in the background
  • [77255] The secondary graphics adapter is missing in the Device Manager and the AMD Catalyst™ Control Center after installation of the driver
  • [77754] A TDR error or crash is experienced when running the Unreal Engine 4 DirectX® benchmark
  • [77786] Video playback of MPEG2 video fails with a playback error/error code message
  • [77970] Ashes of the Singularity™ may crash on some AMD 300 series GPUs
  • [78654] An error may be experienced when installing the latest graphics driver package on some AMD Radeon™ R9 380 series products
  • [79577] The Intel graphics is flagged in an error state in the Device Manager in systems with switchable graphics
  • [79796] The Oculus runtime may crash on launch
  • [419871] BSOD observed when performing an express uninstall of the display driver in 4K resolution
  • [421165] Battlefield™ Hardline becomes unresponsive after toggling the in-game Vsync option.
  • [421444] Transcoded clips may fail to play on some Drag and Drop devices
  • [421570] Audio driver is banged out for non-primary ASIC after enabling CF and rebooting system
  • [422056] 3DMark Farandole may crash when AMD Mantle is selected from the test suite
  • [422249] A ‘missing Dll’ error message may be experienced while doing an express uninstall of the current driver
  • [422249] DLL missing popup message may be encountered when performing an express uninstall of the display driver.
  • [422261] Mantle-based application may crash when system is woken from sleep mode
  • [422273] A crash may be experienced on some AMD Radeon™ R9 300 series products while running the Unigene benchmark
  • [422291] Battlefield™ 4 may crash if run in Mantle mode with AMD Crossfire™ enabled
  • [422342] Cyberlink PowerDVD plays 3D content in 2D mode
  • [422621] With quad AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled, TDR or blank display occurs when launching DirectX® 9 application in full screen
  • [422671] Flickering corruption may occur in Dirt Rally™ with Advanced Blending enabled
  • [422674] Corruption may occur in DiRT Rally™ with CMAA enabled with Portrait SLS and AMD CrossFire™ mode enabled
  • [422675] Intermittent BSOD occurs when launching a race in Dirt Rally™
  • [422797] Display profiles are not retained after driver upgrade from 14.502 to 15.20
  • [422800] Some “Kaveri” APU-based systems may experience minor performance drop on PCMark8® video_group_chat & Casual Gaming tests
  • [422806] Battlefield™ Hardline crashes on pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del while running in AMD Mantle mode
  • [422853] Some systems experience a minor performance drop from 15.15 to 15.20 in The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt with HairWorks enabled
  • [423759] Unable to apply Fill mode in Eyefinity if 2560x1600 and 2560x1440 resolutions are used together
  • [423924] Unable to create an Eyefinity SLS if one of the displays is a MST display device
  • [425417] Windows 10 driver installation may halt on some systems with an AMD 990FX chipset and AMD CrossFire™ enabled.
  • [425432] Some BENQ 144hz Freesync monitors may lose the signal while uninstalling the driver
  • [425484] DiRT Rally™ crashes during gameplay and benchmarking when launched in DirectX 11® mode on some BENQ 144HZ Freesync monitors
  • [425496] Mad Max ‐ Color corruption is observed when Alt+Ctrl+Del is pressed followed by the Escape key
  • [425659] Assassin's Creed® Unity may experience minor frame stutter when AMD CrossFire™ mode is enabled      

Known Issues:

Hi, but i have an error with the last crimson beta...... My igpu is supported, but when i tried to install in win 10 64b the package installer not install the driver for my apu. I have an A6-3400M apu with a HD 6520G gpu....i think you forgot to include the reference for my gpu in the win 10 64b release

You have to use the drivers Windows Update gives you...not AMD.

"The following AMD APU products with AMD Radeon™ Graphics support up to WDDM 1.2 and DirectX® 11 on Windows 10:

• AMD A4/A6/A8-3000 Series APUs
  • AMD E2-2000 APU
  • AMD E1/E2-1000 Series APUs
  • AMD E-200/300/400 Series APUs
  • AMD C-Series APUs
  • AMD Z-Series APUs

NOTE: These APU products must be installed only using the display driver version available via Windows Update. If you have upgraded to Windows® 10, pleaseDO NOT install the AMD Catalyst™ Driver. Instead, enable Windows Update and allow it to detect and install the appropriate driver.""

****Help others with similar issues.****

If this response was any help please mark it:

Helpful, Like, or Correct Answer

Does it also applies to desktop HD5750? It seems that .INF file includes HD2K/3K/4K but not 5K/6K.

Even if it does the Radeon Settings app should be installed rather than just be omitted. I have to manually execute "Packages/Apps/CN/CNext/cnext64/ccc-next64.msi" to install it :/

The response above is dealing with a APU processor.

Drivers for desktops....none APU.

Radeon™ HD 8000 – HD 8400, HD 7000 – HD 7600, HD 6000, and HD 5000 Series

With the new Crimson Edition Beta Driver i don't have of the options for some reason ( i.e. shader cache and frame pacing ). Any idea why ? I have Radeon HD 6670 and i'm using Win 7 64-bit. Any help will be greatly appreciated !

yeah i´m understand but because of this my discrete graphic doesn't work.... and that is because you stoped the support for hcf.... my discrete graphic is a radeon 6600m/6700m serie.....what i can do?

Thanks. I installed "Radeon Software Crimson Edition Beta (radeon-crimson-15.11-win10-64bit.exe)" on my Radeon HD 5750 PC as AMD Gaming Evolved app recommends, but it does not install the new Radeon Settings app.

The installation menu only shows:

HDMI Audio Driver 10.0.0.02

AMD Install Manager 9.0.000.1

AMD Gaming Evolved App 2.11.000

PS: The new 15.11.1 driver fixes this problem. Thanks!

There is no Crimson driver for us with these Apu in Windows 10?No Crimson found in Windows update check only catalyst suite. How to enable beta driver?

First...if you are using Windows 10...disable Windows Update's ability to change/install graphics drivers automatically > How to prevent Windows 10 from updating/downgrading graphics drivers automatically

Then do a clean install of the appropriate Crimson driver suite >  Clean Install AMD Graphics Drivers

After performing a clean install of the suite Crimson driver it is still not installed . Device brings video card based Microsoft . Point out that using driver Crimson Beta ( Legacy ) I have a video card 6410D .

if anyone can help me with this as i don't exactly understand if radeon settings supports amd radeon 6000 series does this mean that my AMD radeon 6310 should also be supported and if so everytime i try to install radeon crimson radeon settings is never installed andamd display driversalways fail to install

I have same problem with 6410D. Inf file missing some information about these cards. No 6410 card found on driver inf.

Yeah I realized that too the best way I managed to get radeon settings go

install was to upgrade from the OEM drivers but even then radeon settings

crashes when going into the display settings

What driver do you use for test?15.3?How do you have forced driver install? Can you explain?

I got the VGA drivers straight from my OEM clean uninstalled the new ones

with ddu and installed OEM drivers with AMD vision then I ran radeon

crimson and installed over my old drivers, afterwards I let Windows 10

install AMD display drivers

Good to hear, thanks for letting us know.

i cant get my HD 5970 to crossfire.. and iv spent 3 days now doing every thing that it says on the internet... and this is only happend sins they stoped updateing it.. so im gessing they desabled my card the last update? like wtf...

I can see the logic behind, BUT I haven't expected sudden "end of support" like this from AMD.

Fair solution would be to release fully working WHQL Crimson driver before abandon older generation cards.

Instead AMD left us with some early Beta driver as a goodbye gift, which is not really appreciated.

I wanted to use my HD6970 card few more years in my secondary W10 PC and now I'm afraid what issues may come in the future.

P.S. I am loyal ATI/AMD customer for many years, my last 5 cards were all ATI/AMD, but right now I'm not so sure about supporting red team exclusively anymore... I'm just not so sure you value your customer the same way as before, sorry.

iv never baught a amd card and even had two hd 6990's in Quad fire.. and now... this and every cards had some sort of peoblem.. im sorry amd you are just not good enuf... clearly your stockmarket shows that.. im going to nvidia.

I hope you change your mind about this sudden end of support, without even finishing a proper release driver.  If not then I would be a fool to buy AMD again.

I hope you realise the HD 6xxx is five years old now, the nVidia 8xx series are being bloody phased out with degraded performance, that's right nVidia actually KILLS performance on their older cards.

But hey if you want to buy nVidia, please do so no one will stop you. My 7970M died after 4 years of hard use made me sad that I had to spend a lot of money to get a replacement. I used a GTX 675MX in its place, believe worst graphics I have ever used, more trouble than I had with my 7600GT from the older days. Unbelievable here I thought nVidia had improved since last time I used them but no they were just as bad as I remember if not worse. The card refused to work in games with Optimus and the GeForce Experienced crashed on me more times a day than XP did in a year. Terrible, and they wont even fix this I also got a serious performance hit on the card with newer drivers than older ones which is pathetic in my book.

#Rant over

I'm in the same place... they completely destroyed crossfire and immediately stopped support. Too many complains, and AMD does nothing to fix it expect sending typical emails on tickets saying to roll back to 15.7 and contact microsoft in case of a problem... Thanks for nothing.

I'm just another idiot that bought a dualGPU AMD card

They actually destroyed crossfire and then stopped support... You want reliable drivers? look elsewhere.

Your I'm just another idiot that bought a dualGPU AMD card does not really help anyone, nVidia has issues with SLI with some cards at some drivers, what makes you think AMD is the only one? Neither are perfect now its too bad you have issues but did you try 15.10 Beta? It works flawlessly for me but Crimson broke OpenGL on my 8970M.

There is little to no performance gain with Crimson as I could notice, though games did load a tad faster but hard to notice with SSD.

Please uninstall the driver with Guru3D's Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.2.0 and install 15.10 Beta Catalyst drivers, you can also find them on Guru3D page.

I know its not really a fix, but its a workaround and there is little to no performance gain with Crimson drivers as the 15.10 Beta brings most of those as a pre-crimson driver sort of.

I hope AMD takes notice and releases a full worthy Crimson driver to truly end legacy card support.

To be honest, AMD is the only one between the two leaders of VGA cards that released a final driver with bugs, then immediately stopped support. Especially for an operating system like windows 10 that is actually forcing you to update to latest drivers, and even stopping automatic driver updates is not working in most (if not all) windows 10 pro systems. The only way to stop updating is through group policy editor, that most people will not even bother doing, since it's considered to be a work for techies, and not for people that expect thing to "just work".

I did try all drivers compatible with windows 10... With no luck (except early 15.7 catalyst driver).... I 'm not getting another dualGpu card in the future, cause they are priced so high and cannot work as they should because of lack of support. AMD or nvidia

If you think the green team is so perfect and utopian, please go browse their forums. You might need protection as its even worse than the AMD ones, I also like how nVidia has neglected to fix Optimus and we are soon in 2016, AMD fixed that in 2013.

I tried the 970M in my laptop, Optimus was only but trouble, sendt it back and got 8970M instead and I can actually run games with Vsync, neato!

There is always going to people with some issues, like I have issues with Crimson does not mean I am going to go on a crusade, at least AMD does not kill performance with just a generation older cards like nVidia does, they already destroying the performance on their 8xx series to force you to buy 9xx series. AMD supported their cards far longer than nVidia has.

When AMD will update drivers for Radeon 3650 with fixing graphics issues battlefield 3, gta 5, bioshock infinite ??? WHEN???

The support for 4xxx and 3xxx below were long phased out son.

Driver Support for AMD Radeon™ HD 4000, HD 3000, HD 2000 and older Series

that is no reason not to update them, son

Waste of resources, go check forums for unofficial releases then.

The Radeon 3650 does not meet Windows 10 requirements, there will never be drivers available from AMD for this product under Windows 10.

Hi,
I have an A6-3420M APU with Radeon HD 6520G embedded graphics and a 1GB Radeon HD 7670M GPU (listed as a Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series for some reason - similar architecture?) on Windows 10. I wanted to try out the beta Legacy drivers with the new Crimson software, so i downloaded the installer, but the only options available are the audio drivers, the QuickStream app and the Gaming Evolved app. I tried to uninstall the drivers and the Catalyst software, but after rebooting the cards were listed as Microsoft video cards and the Crimson installer didn't even recognize them; the only thing I could do was reinstalling the Catalyst drivers and software. How can I install the new beta drivers?

Please uninstall both AMD drivers with this tool in safe mode: Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 15.7.3.1 and then reinstall Crimson 15.12 Beta make sure you select Windows 10 one, do keep in mind Windows 10 still has a gazillion bugs, its more buggy than Windows 8 at release so some issues can not be fixed except locating the fault inside Windows itself.

Is it applicable for HD8500M??

No the HD 8500M parts are GCN so should be using the regular Crimson drivers.

dose crossfire work on two HD 7950s still?

Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎11-23-2015 02:16 PM
Updated by:

Contributors