cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Infinity Hub Container Discussions

Will the applications on the hub be open source?

The applications and frameworks on the Infinity Hub will all be supported on the ROCm™ open software platform, but users will need to refer to individual code developers for licensing. Application containers available on the hub will be based on open source code.   

0 Likes
1 Reply
vinpartyrentals
Journeyman III

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, there was no specific "hub" that I could reference in the context of open-source applications. Open-source software refers to software whose source code is made available to the public, allowing anyone to view, use, modify, and distribute it. Many open-source applications and projects are available to the public, and you can access their source code on platforms like GitHub or GitLab.

If you're referring to a specific platform or ecosystem that uses the term "hub" for its applications, it would be best to check the official documentation, announcements, or the platform's website for information on whether the applications within that "hub" are open source. Keep in mind that the open-source nature of software can vary from one project or platform to another, and not all software is open source.

It's also important to note that the availability of source code for an application doesn't necessarily mean that all the applications within a particular ecosystem or hub are open source. Each application or project may have its own licensing terms and policies.

If you have a specific "hub" or software ecosystem in mind, please provide more details, and I can try to provide more accurate information based on my knowledge up to September 2021.

0 Likes