Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archives Discussions

yurtesen
Miniboss

hsa kernel driver and radeon module

Hello,

1- I am about to install hsa enabled kernel from the github. I noticed something.

The HSA kernel driver ("radeon-kfd"), which works with the radeon graphics driver.

I am currently using the fglrx module for running OpenCL apps etc. if I remove it and enable 'radeon' module, what will happen to my capability of running OpenCL apps?

2- I saw a thread here in which the poster was saying he is running opencl kernel in hsa mode. Can one run existing OpenCL programs in HSA mode?

3- Where can I find the sample HSA program sources?

0 Likes
1 Solution
bsp2020
Challenger

1- I am about to install hsa enabled kernel from the github. I noticed something.

AMD has not released OpenCL runtime  that works with HSA yet (The right forum to discuss HSA issues?).

However, they have released offline cl compiler which will compile OCL kernel to HSAIL (HSAFoundation/CLOC · GitHub). I have not tried it myself. So, I don't know how well it works or how practical it is to use it with real OCL applications.

3- Where can I find the sample HSA program sources?

The HSA application I was able to get working are APARAPI (SettingUpLinuxHSAMachineForAparapi - aparapi - How to setup a Linux HSA machine for testing HSA enab...) and C++AMP (multicoreware / cppamp-driver-ng / wiki / Home — Bitbucket). There is also OpenMP ([gcc] Contents of /branches/hsa/gcc/README.hsa) but I have not tried it yet.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
10 Replies