cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

KentaPro
Journeyman III

XFX Speedster QICK 308 AMD Radeon RX 6600 XT FPS Problem

I just got this video card the other day, installed it in my system and when I tried to play Overwatch the FPS has massive drops. The card cannot get past 140FPS during normal gameplay, but has a problem maintaining that FPS and depending on what is going on screen the FPS can drop down to below 60FPS. I am on High settings in OW. Other people have posted videos about this card being able to maintain 200+ FPS on EPIC settings I cannot figure out what would be causing this to happen. 

PC: 

• Intel Core i7 7700 @ 3.60GHz
  • 32GB 2400MHz DDR4 Ram
  • 1TB NVME Samsung SSD
  • PSU: 850 Wat 80+ Gold

Are there any tests I could do to see if I need to replace any components? 

0 Likes
1 Solution
vialli100
Forerunner

Overwatch is very CPU intensive, so I would say you will need to upgrade to a newer CPU with more cores etc...

Also, your Ram is quite slow for a PC now..

Check what you have running in the background too, if you have a lot of stuff using your CPU it will affect the Frame Rate..

Obviously with the price of PC parts at the moment, it will be expensive to upgrade everything.. But that is what I would do ie: new mobo, cpu and faster RAM..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
vialli100
Forerunner

Overwatch is very CPU intensive, so I would say you will need to upgrade to a newer CPU with more cores etc...

Also, your Ram is quite slow for a PC now..

Check what you have running in the background too, if you have a lot of stuff using your CPU it will affect the Frame Rate..

Obviously with the price of PC parts at the moment, it will be expensive to upgrade everything.. But that is what I would do ie: new mobo, cpu and faster RAM..

AMD Ryzen 7 3700x, Asus Tuf Gaming RX 6700 XT, Asus TUF Gaming x570 Plus, 32gb G.Skill TZ neo 3600mhz, Samsung 980pro 1tb NVME, Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1tb NVME, Lian Li Galahad AIO 240mm, Antec Titanium 1kw.
Aibisi
Adept I

I have exactly the same card and for months I've been looking for a fix on low fps and stutters for many games...
I have found a " solution " that  works for me, simply turning off " Smart Acess Memory " on the Radeon Software and " Resizable Bar & Above 4G Decoding " on the motherboard BIOS settings.
I'm not sure if " Smart Acess Memory " can even be activated on the Radeon Software with an Intel CPU but I guess its worth taking a look at.

If that is indeed the solution for you too then I guess the best we can do is wait for future drivers and BIOS updates and just leaving this disabled for now.

0 Likes