Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

ammoishonor
Journeyman III

XFX RX580 DisplayPort Specs?

I am currently running:

XFX Radeon RX 580 GTS XXX Edition 1386MHz OC+, 8GB GDDR5 (RX-580P8DFD6).

I want to run a dual monitor setup, but neither of my monitors have a DisplayPort input. This card in particular can only run one HDMI source. I read online that I need an active converter unless the DisplayPort has "Dual Mode". I'm not very well versed in using DisplayPort. Hopefully someone more knowledgeable can help me out. Also if anyone lacking the technical knowledge has the same setup and found a workaround, I could learn from you as well.

So, my question is: Can I use a passive converter with my graphics card to run another monitor on HDMI, or do I need to buy an active converter? In either case, can anyone recommend a good and relatively inexpensive converter?

Thanks for your time.

1 Solution

You can run two devices with passive adapters, but it would be BETTER to use active adapters. They're not that much more than passive adapters, and eliminate any possibility of problems.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

You can run two devices with passive adapters, but it would be BETTER to use active adapters. They're not that much more than passive adapters, and eliminate any possibility of problems.

Thanks, man! Appreciate it.