cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

chispy
Adept I

XFX RX-590 FatBoy black screen issue help.

I just bought a few months ago a brand new XFX RX-590 Fatboy OC+ for my back up gaming PC but i have not been able to use it as i get black screens while playing video games or browsing the web. it goes to a black screen after ~5 minutes of gameplay , i can hear the game sounds but i loose video signal and the only way to get it back it is to hard reset the pc pressing the power button , only then i can boot into the pc , rinse and repeat 100% always the same problem , please help. I have tried everything under the sun and to my knowledge to make it work but i'm still having the black screen issue. Re-Installed fresh W10 / Updated different drivers since October 2019 to present and still does it. / Disable ULPS / change the HDMI cable and so on and on and on ... infinite ! I am 100% sure it is amd driver issue as it is happening to Navy , Polaris and all the video cards from AMD.

System Specifications: 

Asus B350-F Strix Gaming / AMD Rysen 5  2600 / 16GB DDR4-3200Mhz / XFX RX-590 FatBoy / Adata SX8200 NVMe 512GB / Rosewill Capstone M2 1000watts / 

Software: latest chipset drivers up to date as of 2/25/2020 / latest sound drivers / W10x64bit Updated and patched to latest patch up to date 2/25/2020 / latest Bios on my Motherboard / latest AMD drivers Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 20.2.1.

0 Likes
2 Replies
chispy
Adept I

Still having this same problem and get worst with latest driver 20.3.1 . I even change tested this video card on my primary pc and still does the same.  Tested on a ASRock Taichi Ultimate Z390 / 8700K / 32GB DDR4 / 1TB NVMe / 1000w psu / tested on my monitor Sceptre E275W-19203R Freesync and my tv Samsung KS8000 65" UHD 4k HDR on HDMI.

The video card is brand new XFX RX590 8GB FatBoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=146&v=f6_2VvyON1k&feature=emb_logo

0 Likes
carsangar
Journeyman III

I have the exact same problem, I've tried everything and it does nothing but getting worse, I'm getting tired of amd and its sh*tty drivers.So sad that they can't properly manage by software the great hardware they have, I'm definetly returning the Rx 590 back and switching to the green team I think. However please let me know if you find a solution and I do the same thing.

0 Likes