Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

SirMephisto666
Journeyman III

XFX RX 580 8 GB died after driver update

Good day to you all!

So here's what happened. Last october I built a Ryzen 5 2600X build on an A320M-K motherboard with an XFX RX 580 8 GB.

It worked perferctly up to last Monday. Then I was experiencing the screen randomly going out, monitor showing no-input. I rebooted my PC, issue happens again after 20-30 minutes. Alright. Easiest thing to do is to remove current AMD graphics driver and install latest. As I was doing this and the new, fresh driver was installing I got the same no-input screen on my monitor. Waited about 30 minutes and then rebooted the PC. Since then I had no visuals on my monitor, always saying no-input detected. The gpu wasn't working at all. So I took it the the nearest IT service and after a few days they told me the graphics card is dead and they don't really recommend buying a new one now since it costs more than my whole PC by the time I built it. The CPU doesn't have any integrated graphics so now i'm pretty much fuc-ed. I keep all my PC parts warranties in a box but I couldn't find my GPU's. So it's hopeless the get another from warranty. What do I do? Any tricks that I should try?

Thanks a lot in advance.

2 Replies
Zucriy
Journeyman III

I swear the same thing has happened to me! What you are explaining is 100% what had happened to me... how are we not to get a replacement card when it's clearly not pur fault and cannot afford a brand new one

0 Likes

Depending on the XFX RX500 series GPU card you have the warranty is at least 2 -3 years: https://www.xfxforce.com/support/xfx-warranty

Screenshot 2021-06-19 100532.png

So if your XFX GPU Card is newer than 3 years you are still under Warranty.

0 Likes