cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics

soarim
Journeyman III

xfx rx 480 gtr screen flickering

so i bought a rx 480, installed the lastest driver, and every game i play have huge flickerings all around the monitor, but only in game, i played the witcher 3, bf1, even cs go has flickering, dont know what else to do, i already tried old drivers, changed the hdmi cable for a dvi, tried changing resolution, tested all games in low/medium/high/ultra, and the flickering was still there, i monitored the gpu and it was normal, temps were good, voltage too, clocks and etc, all normal, i use a LG 60hz monitor.

pc specs:

xfx rx 480 gtr 8gb

fx 8150 3.6 mhz

psu themaltake 700w

8 gb ddr3 ram

0 Kudos
6 Replies
redfury
Big Boss

Re: xfx rx 480 gtr screen flickering

What version of the OS and full model name of your motherboard?

Your OS must be fully updated(all critical and recommended updates) For win7/win8.1 install this chipset drivers

And try to uninstall all AMD software and clean your system in safe mode by DDU program and install 16.11.5 or 16.12.2 driver

0 Kudos
soarim
Journeyman III

i use windows 10 pro 64 bit, and its updated.

my mobo -> https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/M5A88M/

i tried uninstalling in safe mode and installed again, nothing changed, flickering still here...

any other tips? im hopeless right now

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss

1.Update your BIOS

2.Reinstall your GPU in PCIe slot more tightly

3.Change GPU power cable or PSU itself

If nothing helps ,then your GPU probably faulty.

0 Kudos
soarim
Journeyman III

my bios is already updated, tried changing the power cable, no diference, cant change the psu cause i only have this one, but the card has a led that indicates if the power ig good or not, and mine says its good, so i dont think the flickering is related with the psu, i will have to send it back then, very frustrating, thanks for trying to helpe me anyways.

0 Kudos
redfury
Big Boss

Sorry mate. Faulty GPU is not a rare thing

0 Kudos
ricardolin
Journeyman III

I'm having the same problem.

This is a video of my problem: XFX RX 480 GTR 8gb - YouTube

Is it similar problem? How did you fixed yours?

0 Kudos