cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

swnebel
Journeyman III

XFX Radeon RX 560 installation - no signal to monitor

To make a long story short, I got a new Wacom Cintiq Pro that I am trying to attach/use with my current (old, but still working properly) desktop.

Unfortunately my desktop graphics card (an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti with 1 GB GDDR5) only has mini-hdmi and DVI out, which as far as I can tell, are both incompatible with my Cintiq (which uses USB-C, 2.0 HDMI, or DisplayPort).

I attempted to update the old card to an XFX Radeon RX 560 (which has DisplayPort and regular HDMI) but could not get any signal to a monitor once the old card was removed and the new one installed (everything worked when I took the new card out and put the old card back in).

I think the simple answer may be that my “old” (from February 2012) computer may not be compatible with this card - but I wanted to see if I could get some information/ help before plunking down for a whole brand new computer.

My computer is a HP Pavilion h8-1241 I got in early 2012. It has a 2nd generation Intel Core i7-2600 professor, 12 GB DDR3, with Windows 10 now installed .

Should this new card (XFX Radeon RX 560) be compatible, and I am somehow screwing up the install ? Or is my PC “too old” for this “new” graphics card?

Any help/comments/suggestions are appreciated !

~ Scott

0 Likes
0 Replies