cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

waqar12332
Journeyman III

XFX MERC 319 LOW GPU UTALIZATION IN WARZONE LOW POWER DRAW LOW FPS

I decided to go red this time around and got myself a XFX 6900 XT black edition,, It worked fine for some day 2 days ago it gave me a game crash and every thing went black. Even the wallpaper of my windows turned black. I restarted the PC and ran the game again after some time but it was giving me low fps with 500 to 1000 SCLK with 40 to 60% gpu utalization and 75 to 90 watts power draw which cause low frame rates as low as 70 in game and micro statures .. I AM PLAYING AS 2560*1440P . But when i go to training mode every things goes to normal 90+% gpu usage.150  160 fps and SCLK 2300 and power draw go to 220 . The problem comes when i play battle royal or anyother mode.

FIXES I TRIED

* CLEAN INSTALL OF WINDOWS AND DRIVERS

* TURNING THE MIN MEMORY SLIDER TO 2400 . ONLY 100 LESS THEN THE MAX

* INCREASED POWER TO 15

*ANTI LAG ON OFF

* TURNING RAGE MODE ON

* CHANGING VALUES IN DOCUMTES FOLDER FOR WARZONE ADV_OPTIONS

NOTHING WORKED FOR ME. 

This card is giving me anxiety i dont know weather it is a driver issue or what.

My specs

3900x

xfx 6900xt black edition

msi mpg x570

16gb ddr4 3200mhz

850watts power supply from msi 80+ gold.

I HOPEEEEE SOME ONE WILL BE ABLE TO HELP ME

0 Likes
4 Replies
Thomasdk1405
Adept III

Hi

hear and feel you - brand new member of same club here. Bought MSI 6900 xt gaming z trio version. Same as you low GPU usage in BF 5 and BF 2042 - the 2 games I play the most. I dont have black screen but crazy low fps because of crazy low GPU % usage. Now I have solved that part - at least for BF5. My monitor is a Nvidia gsync screen and not a Freesync. When you open the Radeon software - you can find your game - don't know I you have it as favorite game - but on the games tab you can find it and click on it and get into options for your game. To the right there is settings for your monitor - and at the top - AMD Freesync - AMD optimized ! Here I picked that one to off and then it worked. Went from 73-100 fps on BF 5 to 150 - 170 ish all on ultra and 1440 p.

In the global section I cannot change this as Freesync is not an option for my monitor. So guess you / we have to do this for every game - unless someone else chime in and tell us differently.

Btw thought that a solution existed so that you could use G-sync / Freesync on all monitors - need to google that !

Hope this helps you.

0 Likes
Walkn5150
Journeyman III

Just got my card same issue also have a 3900x 850 +gold psu 32gb of ram at 3200

0 Likes

and since then - I've now learned how this works and how to fix - now fluid gameplay and now cpu is bottleneck and not gpu - still somewhat low gpu util but that is because of cpu not able to keep up.

. Disable ULPS

. In performance section - go for custom button - raise min clock to 2100 or 2200 mhz and max clock what ever it says.

In that way you prevent gpu from going to 500 mhz - some games can trick this card to do so.

Also anti-lag - try and see on vs off - some games will make this slow down game speed. This was invented for scenarios where gpu is limiting and you tell cpu to throttle down. With a 6900 xt this should not be needed. If crap turn it off - else leave on - I would say depends from game to game.

Walkn5150
Journeyman III

I'm pretty sure I'm cpu bittlenecked since on a 3rd gen still planing to get a 5000 series here next week see if that helps I talked to a guy at micro center he things the same thing 

0 Likes