Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

XFX Merc 310 7900 xtx crashing to blackscreen

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x

ASUS TUF Gaming X570

32 GB ram

XFX Merc 310 7900 xtx

corsair HX 1000w power supply

The computer crashes to backscreen while running any demanding game like Cyberpunk 2077 and the message is 'wattman settings have been restored due to an unexpected...' GPU crashes when stress tested

I ran the AMD cleanup utility and did a full reinstall of Adrenalin, no change

Uninstalled adrenaline and did a Driver only install, no crashing. I ran Cyberpunk 2077 with low raytracing at a resolution of 3440x1440 flawlessly so I think it's a software issue

0 Likes
1 Solution

I'll never own another AMD system again, I'm sick of spending my time diagnosing problems instead of playing games with my free time. This has been happening since Fuji, anyone remember Fuji? Then Vega and now this. It has been problem after problem and I'm done.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
12 Replies
atmosphere
Challenger

Did you connect the correct cables to the right ports on your psu?

If possible use a seperate cable and port for each PCIE power connector on the card.

Als check if you are using pcie ports and not dedicated 12V ATX/CPU..

Also please check if 12V aTX cable(s) to the motherboard are attached correctly, as the moboboard should be able to supply 75W to the PCIE slot

0 Likes

the computer doesn't crash with just the drives, only when Adrenalin is installed

Ahhh, .. thank you!

That sounds like your graphics driver has been replaced  with the windows update supplied driver. 

Donwload latest AMD driver. Remove the current though device manager and install the AMD package.

0 Likes

Uninstalled adrenaline and did an AMD Driver only install, no crashing. I ran Cyberpunk 2077 with low raytracing at a resolution of 3440x1440 flawlessly, Reinstalled Adrenalin and the issue came back so I think it's a software issue

I agree .. please remove adrenaline package, and do a clean install/factory reset option in the AMD installer.

I've had a simmilar issue after windows replaced the adrenalin driver for its own, after which a few adrenalin component were not installed and kept beeing loaded. 

0 Likes

the computer doesn't crash with just the drives, only when Adrenalin is installed

0 Likes

Please check post above, though just remebered an issue i had, with intel igp drivers and also with AMD crimson package.. 

Check c:\program files , +x86 and %appdata% for AMD-folders. Check NTFS permissions on those, and subfolers within.  Test access to the folders by opening them and try creating a text-file. If you can save it permission should be ok.

(Note its possible you dont see a permissions tab, when rightclicking-> proporties. But let me know if you have the tab in folder properties)

0 Likes

I'll never own another AMD system again, I'm sick of spending my time diagnosing problems instead of playing games with my free time. This has been happening since Fuji, anyone remember Fuji? Then Vega and now this. It has been problem after problem and I'm done.

0 Likes

Since you are only trolling I urge you to send me the GPU, I will RMA it and be a happy owner afterwards if its not a Layer 8 issue anyway.

0 Likes
Qoojo
Miniboss

Make sure you turn of some or all of the features, especially the overlay.

0 Likes
xxmobius1xx
Journeyman III

Been calling out a weird bug with their tuning side of their driver with the rx 7900 xtx only to find my postings deleted.

0 Likes
VIPERxUAE
Journeyman III

Try disabling all the features from the AMD Adrenalin software. This worked fine for me with the same card. Also try not using FSR 2. 

0 Likes