Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Nodrogington
Journeyman III

XFX AMD Radeon RX6800 - HDMI Port Availability

Hi.

I've had an XFX Radeon RX6800 for about a year and all has been fine, using the 3 x DP connected to 3 x iiyma monitors, on a driving sim. When the PC was bought, the plan was always to use the card's 4th port, which is HDMI, for a projector.

In connecting the projector recently, I've discovered it isn't picked up by windows. When disconnecting the DP connected monitors and leaving the projector connected via HDMI, output is made to the projector during the reload process, but as soon as the boot has finished, the screen is blank, but connecting a monitor by DP to the PC provides the logon screen and confirms the PC load has been completed. Looking at Device Manager after this boot shows that only the monitor is available. The projector is not shown as a device.

In attempting to resolve the problem, I totally uninstalled the AMD drivers and reinstalled them. When the system was running without the AMD drivers and the standard Microsoft drivers were being used, the system was reloaded without any DP connected monitors and just the HDMI/projector connected. This configuration made the projector available to Windows with full graphics allowing the PC to be used, although it was very unstable.

With the 3 monitors and the projector connected, the system display details shows just the 3 monitors.

Has anyone experienced similar problems with an AMD gpu and been able to find a solution?

The full detail of the system is:

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Processor

ASUS Strix B550 Motherboard

XFX AMD Radeon RX6800

32 GB Ram

1TB Samsung 870 SSD

AMD Adrenalin 22.5.1

1TB Samsung 970 EVO SSD

Thanks for any help you're able to provide.

0 Likes
0 Replies