cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

Shrymq
Journeyman III

XFX 6700XT Memory Crash?

Hi. I switched from a Geforce 2080 Super to an XFX6700XT and have had nothing but problems ever since. I often get the message "Out of Memory" and everything crashes. Game, stream.. everything. Games without streaming (OBS) also crash with the same message. Not all, but some. Yes, all drivers are up to date and my system is otherwise free from errors. Problems also exist after a fresh Windows 11 installation. I had similar problems in the past with my RX580 from AMD... So where is the problem, is it the AMD drivers? I am annoyed. Should I regret buying an AMD card?

Maybe one of you can help me.

best regards

0 Likes
4 Replies
cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

What are your specs?

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes
Shrymq
Journeyman III

MSI X570 Gaming Plus, 16GB DDR4 G-Skill, 850W Power Adapter, Windows 11

All drivers are up to date, including the bios.

Racq
Adept II

It sounds like there is a program or driver that you're using that might have a memory leak, but I am not aware of any issues with that related to the Radeon drivers currently. Besides the Radeon software, I'd start by looking at your system and software configuration when you had this issue previously and now and find the similarities. Then go from there. It might give you a hint on what is actually causing the issue. You might need to search around to see if anyone else has reported issues relating to your error or memory leaks for anything you find.

cpurpe91
Volunteer Moderator

I agree.

Ryzen 7 7700X, MSI MAG X670E Tomahawk Wifi, Corsair DOMINATOR® TITANIUM RGB 2x16GB DDR5 DRAM 6000MT/s CL30, AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT, Corsair HX Series™ HX1000, Corsair MP600 PRO NH 4TB
0 Likes