• Motherboard + Bios Revision 
    •   B450M MORTAR TITANIUM

• CPU/APU
    • Amd R5 3600
  • Power Supply Unit  Make, Model & Wattage
    • Corsair CX550W
  • RAM
    • 16GB

I startup Battlefield 1 and I load a MP game which either after the loading of the map or a few mins into game the screen goes black and i get the Directx Error. The only way to get rid of this is force close Battlefield 1. I have tried 20.4.2 as well but i get 2 different DirectX errors. Ive attached both errors. I have repaired the game and done a DDU.

Battlefield 1 is running on Low settings with vsync.

I have treid with battlefield V which i change my settings from low to ultra which gave me a game crash and a event log warning of "Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered." If this helps.

Update:

Have reinstalled directx,DDU and installed 20.4.2. Now I don't get Directx errors atm but the only game crashes which seems to be drivers crashing as the Radeon software seems to restart looking at icons.

Event log:

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5e9f5ad0
Faulting module name: ntdll.dll, version: 10.0.18362.418, time stamp: 0x99ca0526
Exception code: 0xc0000374
Fault offset: 0x00000000000f9269
Faulting process ID: 0x2488
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63bfe64b0bc22
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll
Report ID: 01318be8-288e-4f6f-985c-66bbc34696b0
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

Update 2:

Have DDU driver and installed 20.5.1 threw device manager instead. Now I'm getting "application has been blocked error" and a "LiveKernelEvent" as well as "Display driver amdkmdag stopped responding and has successfully recovered." event log message. No other errors in the event log but I think that's enough.

Update 3:

Have removed all security software e.g. firewall & antivirus (comodo) and using 20.5.1 normal install with gaming profile which is working with battlefield 1 (using now ultra settings) but battlefield V is still crashing with "Application has been blocked from graphics hardware" as in update 2 (Hell let loose as well crashing). Have tried 20.4.2(Normal install & 20.2.2(device manager) which gives no fix for bfv. I have reinstalled an alternative security software panda & ZoneAlarm which still allows me to use battlefield 1(more to do with antivirus I think than firewall).

Update4:

I went back to rx580 which runs perfect and then reinstalled the 5600xt without doing a DDU using 20.5.1 May drivers. With BFV I was able to open and run an empty server MP game but when leaving the game back to the menu the game and Radeon crashed. After I did a factory install of 20.5.1 June (Driver Not updated) and increased power limit to a max of 20%. Again this allowed me to play BFV MP game which after I got killed ingame it crashed the whole computer to a BSOD. A dump of the files shows dxgkrnl.sys to be the cause and files amdkmdag.sys  &  dxgmms2.sys.

I hope this can help someone smarter than myself.

0 Likes
0 Replies