Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

redcisco
Adept II

X570 PCIE issues with 5700XT

Hello,

Wanted to put out there if you have a an X570 chipset you may have major shutdown issues with your 5700 or 5700XT card. The 5700 does not work yet with the GEN4- 4.0 PCIE 16x bus and will cause issue or will not post (BSOD).

I have an Asrock X570 which is capable of running at 4.0 or GEN4 however my 5700XT will not accept GEN4 on the PCIE 16X bus. I replaced the slot with my old X590 and an old Nvidia card and both worked great.

Below is the response from AMD when I communicated with customer service:

*Response and Service Request History:

Thank you for the response.

I understand that after the clean installation of the latest driver didn’t solve the issue completely, I request you please wait for the next driver update for the graphic card. And I suggest you use the graphic card in Gen 3 mode as it is working stable in Gen 3 mode.

Thanks for contacting AMD. 

0 Likes
3 Replies
awesomefly
Journeyman III

Also have this issue with a 5700XT and a Asus x570-f gaming motherboard. There is no setting to change the pciex interface to 3.0. I hope new drivers will address this issue.

0 Likes

I know this is an older thread at this point, but did you ever find a solution? I have an Asus Prime X570 Pro motherboard and I also don't have this setting. I just got a 5700 XT and have narrowed my issue to this.

0 Likes
redcisco
Adept II

New driver 19.7.4 seems to be more stable but still running hot #5700XTnewdriver

Cannot run in GEN4 on the PCIE bus, I still need to set to GEN3.

Make sure you do a fresh install of 19.7.4 with AMD DDU tool

I reinstalled AMD chipset drivers for my Asrock X570 directly from AMD as well.

best of luck everyone

0 Likes