cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jovintojain
Journeyman III

X570 Aorus Elite Issues

I was excited to finish updating my PC with a 3900x, 3200cl14 b-die, and x570 aorus elite.

However, I am having significant issues with the motherboard.

First, I cannot seem to set the memory manually or XMP above the default 2133 on boot. Everytime I do, the bios just resets to the default 2133 value.

Additionally, the boot time to bios logo is insanely long, up to 30 seconds.

If anyone else has had these issues and knows of a solution, I would really appreciate it! If I can't resolve these issues, I'll probably have to get a different motherboard.

0 Likes
3 Replies
_promi
Journeyman III

I got the same problem (3700x).

I tried both BIOS versions, tried different RAM, and I bought the motherboard a second time because at the beginning I thought its an Hardware Issue.

Boot Time is also really long... Looks like every restart (cold or "warm") its resetting CMOS

0 Likes
avenger09123
Journeyman III

In the same boat. I have 3200Mhz GSkill RipJaws - machine things it has enabled the XMP but does not, and only shows 2133Mhz in the BIOS and in Windows.

Dropping it down to 3133, it doesn't hang on reboot though and it'll still reset back to 2133Mhz.

Worked on my X470. Kinda sad I upgraded.

Also please fix your USB 3.1 drivers - there's no reason I should have throttling between 9 MB/s and 100 MB/s on USB3.1 to an m.2 pcie ssd when using a USB C adapter into your mobo 3.1 header. Also causes explorer to hang regularly too. bleh.

0 Likes

I had these issues, and it all seemed to work if you put your memory in A2 and B2, instead of A1 and B1. The memory support list states these ports have to best compatibility settings.

0 Likes