cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

bharrison
Journeyman III

WX 3200 with 2 4k displays - mDP to HDMI

I have been using the WX 3200 for about 1.5 years now with no problems, running 1 x 4k and 2 x 1080p monitors using active mDP to HDMI adapters.  I am trying to install a new 4k monitor to complement the one I have already.  They are actually TCL HD tvs just newer year model.  I can get one or the other to recongnize 4k and it says display port in the AMD control panel, but the second says HDMI.  I have changed the TV from HDMI 1.4, 2.0, and auto settings and it makes no difference.  I have tried all four outputs of the card, which ever is plugged in first becomes the 4k monitor and the other is relegated to a maximum of 1080p.  I want to configure this as 2x 4k and 2 x 1080p which I have read this card can do 4 x 4k.  I have tried different mDP/HDMI adapters and 2 different cables, they all work fine if it is the only monitor connected, when I connect a second it only has 1080p available, (this works for both monitors).  I have updated drivers to the latest pro driver, rolled back to previous pro dirver, tried current and previous adreneline drivers, all with no luck.  This is Windows 11 pc.  Are there any custom configurations where I can force the output to 4k?  Does anyone have any suggestions or potential solutions?

1 Solution
bharrison
Journeyman III

I found out that once I connected a third monitor I was then able to make the changes needed with that pro configuration software.  With four moniotrs connected 2 x 4k and 2 x 1080p I am able to select 2 at 4k.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Vynski
Exemplar

There is an AMD post concerning the WX 3200 card.  Try reaching out to contact fsadough  He is an AMD moderator and could possibly point you in the right direction.  I went into the Communities / Developers and did a search and his bio comes up.  See if you can track him down and contact him.  He seems to really know the tweaks of the GPU cards.

Famous last words of a RedNeck "Hey Ya'll, WATCH THIS"
0 Likes
bharrison
Journeyman III

I found out that once I connected a third monitor I was then able to make the changes needed with that pro configuration software.  With four moniotrs connected 2 x 4k and 2 x 1080p I am able to select 2 at 4k.