cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

jaydeejoy
Elite

WTF is Radeon Software 2020 My 5700XT s burning.

i never buy any AMD cpu or Gpu again. Before uptade (2020 edition) i was using GPU tweak2 by asus for 5700 xt. and this lovely program have a some great tools.. 0 DB Fan. when i turned off my gpu never go up +40 degree.Fans always work. when i play games tempature go up 75-80 degree but its normal i know. when i quit game tempatures going down in a minute 80 to 45.
So after update gpu fans not working. my gpu 58 degree and fans still 0 rpm. i tryed manuel edit and still no chance. also this update not working with gpu tweak 2 software. i dont wanna hot tempature gpu cos hot gpu lives short.
fix this fan issue or alllow this gpu tweak2 program.Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

14 Replies
waltc
Miniboss

IMO, GPU Tweak stinks, but that's just my opinion, of course....  I used to use it too for awhile with an RX-480 Asus GPU--but after much experimentation I simply uninstalled GPU Tweak II altogether and used the Adrenalins and Wattman exclusively--worked much better for me, actually. 

So, OK, you said that your 5700XT ran perfectly with GPU Tweak--but that you didn't like something to do with fan control on the 2020 Adrenalins--so why would you say you won't ever buy an AMD GPU again since it wasn't the GPU but the 2020 Adrenalin Software control for fans that you didn't like?  Surely you can tell the difference between a GPU and the GPU driver fan control? 

PS.  Running GPU Tweak you are still running the Adrenalin drivers for the GPU itself--GPU Tweak is merely the control UI software, not the GPU driver.  BTW, with the 2020s my 5700XT fan control is fine...Good luck, but it sounds like your GPU isn't the problem here--I think you have a lot of work ahead in learning how to use the 2020 Adrenalin UI software. 

But hey--you can install the 19.12.1 Adrenalins if the older Wattman UI is more your style--or use GPU Tweak, which you say works fine.   It's your choice.  Personally, I think you should stick with the 2020's to see if you can figure out what's causing your problems--probably a setting here and there that is wrong, etc.  Fans work fine for me.

u know why? cos it s secondary big problem with amd.
i got 3700x and it has low clcok speed problem and AMD cant explain it. i sent 100 pictures bench test they still dont know what is problem. google it u ll see some users after this update, they say my videocard runin hotter now. thats the point. this 2020 version has fan issue.. and mauel fan settings doesnt work. i tryed all combination and no work.. when gpu temp 60 degree than fans work. but i want gpu fans always work.. my pc on 8/10 hours in a day. if that tempature s gonna high ,my Asus rog  5700xt gonna die soon.

0 Likes

Ekran Alıntısı.PNG

0 Likes

u see. i uninstall 2020. .GPU 35 degree and fans work. that program keeping gpu cooler. but. 2020 killing ur card. OR why amd dont add 0 DB Fan option on 2020?

0 Likes
alkalinepol
Adept I

AMD probably is going to do... NOTHING to fix those drivers for Navi-based GPUs. My 5700 XT is crashing many times, yesterday I downloaded the newest drivers - Adrenalin 2020 Edition but they don't do anything.

AMD says:

FIXED: Radeon RX 5700 series graphics products may intermittently experience loss of display or video signal during gameplay.

It's a lie. The problem still exists and makes me angry already. Some people have the same problem since September(!!!) so... till this day AMD didn't do anything to fix the issue. Poor drivers, no support, no more AMD.

Yes u right. AMD is poor for support and software. Stability is 0

Pretty much, after every  AMD 'Annual update' 3rd party OC/fan control apps. end up with issues.

So the Devs. of those apps. now have to play catch up to the new/modified AMD api.

Even DDU is being/has been updated ?.  

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes
srs13rastus
Adept III

Keep getting this since 2020 launched

Faulting application name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5de85bf9
Faulting module name: Radeonsoftware.exe, version: 10.1.2.1788, time stamp: 0x5de85bf9
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000000402e67
Faulting process ID: 0x2250
Faulting application start time: 0x01d5b47113ef7d3d
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\AMD\CNext\CNext\Radeonsoftware.exe
Report ID: 9f6a5b35-1de6-4e3a-ba29-eb0737088c12
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

WTH AMD how is it you keep screwing up drivers?

My 5700XT also runs SUBSTANTIALLY hotter than previously yet fan speed reports the same as the previous drivers..

Overclocks that were stable as a ROCK now result in overheating and random crashes.

GET YOUR HOUSE IN ORDER AMD!!!!!

0 Likes

Got the same error 0x0000000000402e67. The following steps helped for me:

- Download "AMD Cleanup Utility"  https://www.amd.com/de/support/kb/faq/gpu-601

- Boot into Win10 protected mode. (Normal boot, click "Restart" while holding "Shift", and choose "protected mode").

- Run "amdcleanuputility.exe", wait to finish and restart

- Install drivers again - 19.12.2 in my case (same Version as before)

No such errors in eventlog since then, and the software doesn't crash anymore. I guess there are some faulty or icompatible settings, which are removed by this procedure. Reinstalling the driver directly in Windows via "Programs an Features" didn't the trick for me. I think this can be helpful for other versions and issues too, not only 19.12.2. and 0x0000000000402e67

This doesn't affect chipset drivers, so you only have to reinstall gpu-drivers.

Are you also running on a 5700? I'm getting this same error but on a Sapphire RX 580 4GB Nitro+. I pull the crash during GPU benchmarking.

0 Likes

It's a Powercolor 5700. 

0 Likes
srs13rastus
Adept III

Out of interest fans are no longer spinning up whatsoever COME ON AMD FIX THIS ALREADY!!!!!

0 Likes

After this adjustment, the fans work perfectly.

https://community.amd.com/thread/246344 

bobotmeister
Adept I

having the same problem... almost tried flashing the bios. tried the morepower tool route. it worked!

0 Likes