cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Graphics Cards

dibblemunt
Journeyman III

Wrong Resolution Due to Recommended Settings

So just now AMD Radeon Software gave me a notification that it had "Detected new optimal settings" or something like that, so I clicked it to see what it had to say. But when I clicked it, it just immediately changed the settings and gave me what is clearly the wrong resolution. My monitor is 1360x768. In my Windows display settings, 1360x768 is what is selected but the displayed resolution is still wrong! Interestingly in my Radeon Software under Display and Display Specs it says that my resolution is 1920x1080. What is going on here?  This has happened once before, but Idk how it was fixed the first time; that was over a year ago.

0 Likes
8 Replies

What is your monitor?

0 Likes

Philips 4000 series LED-LCD TV model number 32PFL4508/F7

0 Likes

It supports 1920x1080 even though it's just a 1360x768 panel, pretty common, so it's detecting it properly. Really your best option is to go back to the drivers which worked properly for you and report the issue.

0 Likes

Dumb question but how in the world do I get older drivers? I have tried Radeon Software versions 19.12.2 and 19.12.3 with no difference so it isn't that is it?

0 Likes

Link at the bottom of the page which says Previous Drivers

0 Likes

Unfortunately this hasn't done anything. I've been back 5 versions so far and it still does the same thing. I know that it started working at some point before but Idk what it was that fixed it.

0 Likes

Sounds like you enabled VSR, and maybe some other suggested opts.. ?

Restore factory defaults in, radeon settings > system > factory reset.

Ryzen 5 5600x, B550 aorus pro ac, Hyper 212 black, 2 x 16gb F4-3600c16dgtzn kit, Aorus gen4 1tb, Nitro+RX6900XT, RM850, Win.10 Pro., LC27G55T..
0 Likes

Unfortunately I have already tried factory reset and it hasn’t done anything. It’s still the same messed up resolution. Interestingly I found that when I go to settings for a couple of individual games and set their Scaling Mode to “Preserve Aspect Ratio” I’m able to launch the game in the correct resolution. But when I return to the desktop the resolution is still wrong. Under Radeon Settings > Display > Scaling Mode it is also set to “Preserve Aspect Ratio.” I’m super confused as to what’s going on. Graphics Card is an R9 290 if that’s relevant.

0 Likes